✟8,103.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Also.

My analyzis when it comes to wicca. was to prove, that any christian or a catholic, would say it would be sin if we drank a charm from a wicca?

They do not know why.

"It is not the things that goes into the mouth that makes a person unpure, it is the things that goes out from the mouth"

The reason why it is not ok to take a charm from a wicca is because it contains blood.

If a wicca offers me candy, i can fully well accept it, without offending the lord.

But if i take a charm from her, i cannot do so?

Can you answer me why?

Can it be because it contains blood and blood is sin to eat/drink (apart from jesus' blood)?

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟66,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Lindstrom said:
I do not eat pork, i am a vegitarian. But based upon pauls words, "don't let yourself be condemnd for what you eat"

St paul often said that we should not condmen eachother for what we eat. (i am a vegitarian myself). But on the other hand you need to take that as it is.

.....so you're a vegitarian then ?

This is vegistarian vs. carnovaire thing isn't it ?

Upvote 0

Gwendolyn

back in black
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
✟20,680.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Cosmic Charlie said:

.....so you're a vegitarian then ?

This is vegistarian vs. carnovaire thing isn't it ?

No, Charlie, it isn't. I'm a vegetarian as well and there is not anything wrong with eating meat. I just choose not to.

Back to the OP. We are not to eat food sacrificed or offered to idols/false gods. Using the OP's example, if a Wiccan were to prepare food in some sort of strange ritual way, for example, we would have to refuse it. Not because it would contain blood, but because of the intention behind it. If you eat meat, as someone said, it is highly likely that some part of that meat will have been cooked with the blood still in it, because it is flesh. However, this does not make it sinful to eat meat. The Jews ate meat according to their dietary purity laws.

The discussion in Acts about food sacrificed to idols is this: the pagans would regularly sacrifice animals to idols, and would only take particular cuts of meat for the burnt offering to their gods. The rest of the animal would be sold in the butcher's shop to eat. However, since this animal was killed in sacrifice to a false god, it would be sinful to partake of it given the intention behind its slaughter. Some of the pagans would persecute Christian Jews for refusing these cuts of meat were they to eat together (pagans and Christians) at the same table. Paul's word on the matter is to settle that dispute and to offer some clarity to the community receiving this poor treatment.

Does that make sense?

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

JCrawf

Nov 6, 2004
✟12,764.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Appaerntly, under Jewish dietary laws, cheeseburgers would also be a big no no.

Regarding Leviticus, I would say that many of the dietary restrictions would probably make for much healthier people in general, but a very bland diet.

But as it is, and the Council of Jerusalem found in the book of Acts makes it fairly clear that we as Christians are essentially under the Noahide covenant, which has very few dietary restrictions. In general, we're Christians, and for many of us, our lineage links back to gentile ancestors - so therefore, we're not under the Jewish dietary laws.

As for eating/drinking blood, no thanks. The only blood I'll drink is that of our Lord's in the Eucharist.

Pax Tecum,

John

Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhhhh! All this blood eating, errrrrrrrrr...drinking, I mean. Anywho, the only blood drinking for me is Christ's Blood. I am not particulary keen to blood sausage, sounds disgusting though, I've never tried it though, so I can't say for sure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lindstrom

Jun 10, 2005
✟8,103.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
But do you make void of Gods infallible word; He who eats blood shall be cut of from his people?

I also drink Jesus blood to have communion with him.

But apart from that.

He who eats blood shall be cut off from his people?

We are talking about PIGS blood here.

He who eats blood SHALL be cut off from his people.

Upvote 0

Lindstrom

Jun 10, 2005
✟8,103.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I gonna tell you my revelation.

This aint no bashing on catholics, since i am thinking about converting to catholicsism myself.

There are several things God says we are not suppose to do; if we do them we will be CUT OFF from our people.

It is all in the five books of moses.

Lets read them togather.

Genesis 17:14
And the uncircumcised male child, who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin, that person shall be cut off from his people; he has broken My covenant.”

Anointing oil.

Exodus 30:33
Whoever compounds any like it, or whoever puts any of it on an outsider, shall be cut off from his people.’”

Incense

Exodus 30:38
Whoever makes any like it, to smell it, he shall be cut off from his people.”

Exodus 31:14
You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people.

Leviticus 7:20
But the person who eats the flesh of the sacrifice of the peace offering that belongs to the LORD, while he is unclean, that person shall be cut off from his people.

Leviticus 7:21
Moreover the person who touches any unclean thing, such as human uncleanness, an unclean animal, or any abominable unclean thing, and who eats the flesh of the sacrifice of the peace offering that belongs to the LORD, that person shall be cut off from his people.’”

Leviticus 7:25
For whoever eats the fat of the animal of which men offer an offering made by fire to the LORD, the person who eats it shall be cut off from his people.

AND HERE IT COMES:

Leviticus 7:27
Whoever eats any blood, that person shall be cut off from his people.’”

There are more to it ofcourse.

But what is the "CUT OFF" ?

Psychologically, all these things are profitable for a real wiccan to fool a christian to do.

That is how she works. By fooling someone to be cut off from his people.

That is what a proffessional wiccan do.

The effect of blood is simple.

The woman starts looking at her man like he were her father and men starts looking at their woman as she were his daughter.

That is the cut off.

That is the charm with blood.

Blood aint no food.

Upvote 0

NewMan99

New CF: More Political, Less Charity, No Unity
Mar 20, 2005
Earth
✟18,235.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lindstrom,

Let's talk about the blood thing by first stepping back and analyzing WHY it is that Moses would have made it against the law to consume blood.

The reason is simple. It is because blood is where life is found. The pagans during Moses' era (and afterward) would sacrifice animals to their gods and then drink the blood so as to consume the animal's very life force. It was their effort at immortality -- by stealing the life force of another creature and consuming it for oneself. There was a mystical quality to blood that the pagans perceived...and much of their religious practices revolved around this perception.

However, the Hebrew people were a people "set apart" from the pagans. As God's chosen people, they were consecrated to Him alone...and were under the terms of His Covenant. A covenant is more than an agreement or a contract...in fact it is an exchange of persons. That is why a marriage, for example, is a covenant and not merely a contractual agreement. A covenant - especially with Almighty God - carries with it certain blessings to those within the convenant...and many curses for those who break the covenant. A covenant can ONLY be fulfilled and rendered obsolete through the death of one of the parties (which is why we are free to remarry if our spouse dies).

Please bear with me...you will see where this is leading...

So the Old Covenant was first given to Adam and Eve. The Adamic covenant carried blessings and curses...didn't it? By remaining faithful to the Covenant, Adam and Eve would have existed eternally in the Garden of Eden...paradise. But when they sinned, the covenantal curses were brought to bear...listen up...not only to them - but to their children as well. Thus, because the Covenant was broken the "curse" of death was given to all of mankind as long as...listen up...the Covenant remained in force (i.e., until the death of one of the sides of the parties in the covenant).

And so for a Hebrew person within the bounds of the Covenant to drink blood - like the pagans did - in an effort to consume the life force of the sacrificial animal - would be seen as an attempt at an "end around" on God. It would be like someone trying to escape the curses of the covenant by going OUTSIDE of God.

Thus, Moses...in an affort to keep his tribe as a "set apart" people...made it against the law to consume blood. In other words...the people were bound to remain consecrated to God's covenant even if it meant remaining under the covenantal blessings and curses.

Think of it...when you separate flesh from blood...what happens? Death.

Okay...that being said...let's move on to the Son of Man. Jesus - the Incarnate Second Godhead of the Trinity - came in the flesh as a sinless and Holy Sacrifice for all mankind. The New Adam.

When we are joined to Christ (through Baptism) we become not a part of the Old Covenant (with its curse of death), but rather part of the New Covenant (which is a fulfillment of the Old since Jesus did what Adam did not do -- AND -- comes with its blessings of eternal life for those within the Covenant).

So now when Jesus, taking on our curses, died on the Cross for us (remember - a covenant...such as the Old Covenant...can only be ended with the death of one of the parties), He then freed us to enter into the New Covenant. He fulfilled the obligations of the Old - and even reversed the curse of death in the Old and transformed it into the blessing of eternal life in the New.

So....think of what happens in the Eucharist...flesh is no longer kept separate from blood (thus causing death)...but rather flesh is JOINED to blood - and he who eats the flesh and drinks this blood shall have eternal life.

Now - at this time in salvation history - in the New Covenant - it is no longer forbidden to consume blood (as the pagans did to extend their life), but rather we are BOUND to consume His Precious Blood and to eat His Holy Flesh because to do so will give us the blessings that come to all who are joined to the New Covenant in God's Holy Family.

Hope that helps.

God's Peace,

NewMan

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ShanChan

Aug 16, 2006
NOLA
✟7,646.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Well, I'm sure that if you offered a Catholic some blood they would do what any normal person would do. First reject it & then wonder where you got the blood from.

Blood isn't a food.

The only blood we drink is the blood of Christ at church. And it's pure.

Upvote 0

Febe

Dec 13, 2005
Gothenburg, Sweden.
✟4,260.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes... Ham!
This seems to be about eating kosher or not... I don't eat kosher... I eat ham, and cheeseburgers, and - sometimes - bloodpudding (more flour tham blod, actually) with lingonberry jam, and a lot of other things....
I also LOVE crab, shrimps, lobster and crayfish! And that is certinly not kosher!:yum:

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
Blood is in the flesh of every animal you eat. It's just cooked. So technically, you're eating dried, cooked blood all the time, every time you eat the meat of any animal. Why does meat taste so good? Because it's juicy. Why is meat juicy? Because it has blood in it. Why do people eat steaks when they're anemic? Because there's iron in the hemoglobin in the blood that's in the cooked meat. Etc., etc.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.