✟40,638.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Miss Shelby said:
I wouldn't eat bloodpudding. But I can't resist a rarely grilled t-bone.

LOL!

That was me ordering at restaurants before getting married:

"Sir, how would you like your stake? well done, medium, or rare?",

"Mooing please".

:D :yum:

Upvote 0

Quijote

a.k.a Mr. Q
May 5, 2005
Wisconsin
✟40,638.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lindstrom said:
What would a catholic say if i offered him or her, the food bloodpudding we eat in scandinvia.

Would he say:

a) No thanks!! blood aint no food; or
b) Jesus has proclaimed that nothing that enters the mouth is unpure.

I would say:

c) No thanks! that doesn't sound very appetizing :eek:

I would, however, eat the Mexican dish called "Moronga" which is meat cooked in/with blood. :yum:

Upvote 0

Gwendolyn

back in black
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
✟20,680.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Do you eat pork? Because I'm pretty sure that Leviticus also says not to eat pork.

Is there something that you'd like to know? Some direct question that we could answer without any confusion? That way, we'd at least be able to give you a more detailed explanation.:)

Upvote 0

a_ntv

Ens Liturgicum
Apr 21, 2006
✟35,618.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Lindstrom said:
What would a catholic say if i offered him or her, the food bloodpudding we eat in scandinvia.

Would he say:

What is your arguements.

When jesus said all food was clean he didn't still make void of the law.

Leviticus: He who eats blood shall be cut off from his people

Besides, the law of food, is not about unpureness. it is about abominations. Eating a dog, camel, shrimps, are not according to the law; 'unpure', it is an 'abomination'.

Over that, it was the jews harsh laws, that said that if a man eats with dirty hands he will become unpure... and that was why jesus said that all food is pure.

But did he make void of the law?; "He who eats blood shall be cut off from his people".

If americans wonder whats wrong with us swedes, you have the answer there according to me.

We eat blood, and thus; We are cut off from the rest of the world,

Personally, i don't eat blood. that is sin.

I can tell you about a very catholic farmer tradition.

Take a chicken. Hang it with the paws up. Kill the chicken cutting his thoat. Let the blood fall down in some flour. Bake shortly the flour full of blood. Eat it. Wonderfull taste. Dark red colour. A very sweet and natural taste.

Unpurity cames only form the heart. Not from the chickens. We are not muslims.

In a old farmer culture, without artificial flavour or saccarine, the only way to have something sweet to conserve is: honey, wine or blood

Upvote 0
Z

zhilan

"It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. 20Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood. 21For Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath." (Acts 15: 19-21)

I might be wrong but I think that Eastern Rite Catholics do not eat blood for this reason.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Carrye

Weisenheimer
Aug 30, 2003
✟29,202.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Is Jesus' precious blood impure? His resurrected body corrupt? Certainly not! The fact that he gives such a delicacy daily to the likes of me is incomprehensible - I agree. But please, do nothing to take away from His glory by deriding his decision to dwell among us as flesh.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Lindstrom said:

Would he say:

What is your arguements.

Besides, the law of food, is not about unpureness. it is about abominations. Eating a dog, camel, shrimps, are not according to the law; 'unpure', it is an 'abomination'.

Over that, it was the jews harsh laws, that said that if a man eats with dirty hands he will become unpure... and that was why jesus said that all food is pure.

But did he make void of the law?; "He who eats blood shall be cut off from his people".

If americans wonder whats wrong with us swedes, you have the answer there according to me.

:confused: What is bloodpudding?
Blood is not food.

The only Blood that IS food is Christ's. To which if we do not take, we will not have Eternal life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SandCrab

Hey Wena!! Woza! Sizotandaza!
Oct 26, 2005
Exeter
✟13,764.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
Lindstrom said:

Would he say:

What is your arguements.

Eat it? Hmm isnt blood a liquid, can someone please show me how to eat it, this must be a new step up in technology, eating blood!

Ps. Yummi ;)

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟67,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Lindstrom said:

Would he say:

c) Got any Aquaveit to go with that ?

Upvote 0

Lindstrom

Jun 10, 2005
✟8,103.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
First of all. I did not mean, at any time, sound like i compare catholicisim to wicca.

My apologize.

I am thinking about converting to catholicism my self.

And jesus blood cannot be compared to animals blood.

John 6 tells us that we should eat his flesh and drink his blood, yes.

But apart from that:

Is it ok to eat blood?

Do you eat pork? Because I'm pretty sure that Leviticus also says not to eat pork.

Is there something that you'd like to know? Some direct question that we could answer without any confusion? That way, we'd at least be able to give you a more detailed explanation

I do not eat pork, i am a vegitarian. But based upon pauls words, "don't let yourself be condemnd for what you eat"

St paul often said that we should not condmen eachother for what we eat. (i am a vegitarian myself). But on the other hand you need to take that as it is.

Paul also forbid us to eat meat from sacrifices to demons.

(still not condmenation???)

ofcourse.

The question araise. We cannot eat meat from animals that have been sacrificed to demons even though we should not condmen eachother for what we eat.

Is it still ok to eat blood?

God has stricktly forbidden us to eat blood.

He has not forbidden us to eat pork. but he has said that that should be acconted as an abomination, and be dispicable.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.