Do Baptists Believe They Are The Only True Religion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
I'm teaching against it? Seriously?

I am teaching against the Baptist statement of faith you say? You sir/madam are teaching against the Word of Elohim. All that I have quoted here is from His Word, and not my own. Do what you will. It remains between you and YHVH Elohim, Who IS the Righteous Judge!

While I realize that I am not in agreement with the core beliefs I have only asked questions, fellowshiped and on occasion defended my questions against one poster who is bent on lying about my intentions. As far as I know I have not debated or taught against this congregational forum's core beliefs.

Upvote 0

beaverpond

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
✟8,480.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Elohim...I actually got stuck on this one because I had never heard it before until today and I have heard of a lot of Hebrew words for our Lord and God, but this was a new one. I had to dig deep to find a meaning for it. There is no scripture reference provided anywhere in the Bible for this name if that is telling you anything. However, what I did dig up was this...the most frequently used Hebrew word for God, angels, magistrates, and gods. In Hebrew text it has a plural meaning of majesty.

So if Elohim was to mean to be a Righteous Judge as stated above, why does it not say that in my research. Another question, if Elohim means God, then why does it also mean angels, magistrates (judges) which are not always righteous, and gods. Now if there is only one true God how can there be more than one when it says gods. How can you have a plural meaning for majesty if there is only one Majesty.

So now that I know what it means, in my own opinion, the post from TikvahShua does not belong in this thread. So the post from TikvahShua should be removed so the entire thread is not shut down.

Upvote 0

TikvahShua

May 22, 2015
✟15,174.00
Faith
Are you yourself in agreement with the core beliefs of this congregational forum?

A "Core belief" is a belief you are CERTAIN is true, and that you are not willingly changing, and you will defend it.
Core beliefs are things you presently know and presently believe that are true about yourself regardless of what anyone else thinks or feels. This would include YHVH's Word, which we should live by and NOT man's own doctrines.
Thus...
My "Core Belief" is YHVH's Word, and His alone. Period.

Upvote 0

TikvahShua

May 22, 2015
✟15,174.00
Faith
Elohim...I actually got stuck on this one because I had never heard it before until today and I have heard of a lot of Hebrew words for our Lord and God, but this was a new one. I had to dig deep to find a meaning for it. There is no scripture reference provided anywhere in the Bible for this name if that is telling you anything. However, what I did dig up was this...the most frequently used Hebrew word for God, angels, magistrates, and gods. In Hebrew text it has a plural meaning of majesty.

So if Elohim was to mean to be a Righteous Judge as stated above, why does it not say that in my research. Another question, if Elohim means God, then why does it also mean angels, magistrates (judges) which are not always righteous, and gods. Now if there is only one true God how can there be more than one when it says gods. How can you have a plural meaning for majesty if there is only one Majesty.

So now that I know what it means, in my own opinion, the post from TikvahShua does not belong in this thread. So the post from TikvahShua should be removed so the entire thread is not shut down.

Before you can speak clearly on any of this you need to be able to justify your statement about what the Word of Elohim teaches in the Hebrew language, which is the original language, and we will return to it in His Kingdom. It is YHVH's Word, His Kadosh Language. There are many deep meanings to words in the Hebrew Language and one must study it to understand it. And YHVH Elohim IS the Righteous Judge.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
A "Core belief" is a belief you are CERTAIN is true, and that you are not willingly changing, and you will defend it.
Core beliefs are things you presently know and presently believe that are true about yourself regardless of what anyone else thinks or feels. This would include YHVH's Word, which we should live by and NOT man's own doctrines.
Thus...
My "Core Belief" is YHVH's Word, and His alone. Period.

Then again I ask that you remove your posts because they are indeed against the Baptist core beliefs.

When you signed up for these forums you agreed to follow the rules of the forums. One of the rules of the forums is this:

"Congregational Forum Restrictions and orthodox Christian Only Forums
Members who do not truly share the core beliefs and teachings of a specific congregational forum may post in fellowship or ask questions, but they may not teach or debate within the forum. There are forums reserved for orthodox Christian members only. Please do not post in these forums unless you are truly a Nicene Creed, Trinitarian Christian (please see our Statement of Faith to know exactly what that is). If you wish to discuss unorthodox doctrines, you may do so in the Unorthodox Doctrinal Discussion forum."

Which can be found within here:

http://www.christianforums.com/help/rules/

You are not teaching what is in line with this particular Congregational forum's core beliefs or their statement of faith. This thread has already had two warnings regarding people teaching or debating against this forum's core beliefs and the next time it happens this thread will be shut down. I am trying to avoid that.

Upvote 0

beaverpond

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
✟8,480.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
TikvahShua, I would like you to look at something...look at the top of this thread where it says Forum...Congregations...Christian Communities...what is that next word

It is that next word we are talking about, what in your posts does your information have to do with our Faith, nothing that I can see. We are trying to help Boidae answer some of his questions and deal with some of his issues with the Baptist Faith. Everything I have seen of yours have nothing to do with the Baptist Faith.

Upvote 0

TikvahShua

May 22, 2015
✟15,174.00
Faith
Then again I ask that you remove your posts because they are indeed against the Baptist core beliefs.

When you signed up for these forums you agreed to follow the rules of the forums. One of the rules of the forums is this:

"Congregational Forum Restrictions and orthodox Christian Only Forums
Members who do not truly share the core beliefs and teachings of a specific congregational forum may post in fellowship or ask questions, but they may not teach or debate within the forum. There are forums reserved for orthodox Christian members only. Please do not post in these forums unless you are truly a Nicene Creed, Trinitarian Christian (please see our Statement of Faith to know exactly what that is). If you wish to discuss unorthodox doctrines, you may do so in the Unorthodox Doctrinal Discussion forum."

Which can be found within here:

http://www.christianforums.com/help/rules/

You are not teaching what is in line with this particular Congregational forum's core beliefs or their statement of faith. This thread has already had two warnings regarding people teaching or debating against this forum's core beliefs and the next time it happens this thread will be shut down. I am trying to avoid that.

There is only ONE Faith!

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
There is only ONE Faith!

I have asked you nicely to remove your posts and stop as you are against the rules.

I will ask you one more time as now you are not a good witness at this point for Christ. Please stop and remove your posts before you have my thread shut down.

Upvote 0

TikvahShua

May 22, 2015
✟15,174.00
Faith
I have asked you nicely to remove your posts and stop as you are against the rules.

I will ask you one more time as now you are not a good witness at this point for Christ. Please stop and remove your posts before you have my thread shut down.
How am I not a "good witness" for Messiah, when all that I have spoken is from YHVH's Word, Not mine? You are then telling me and everyone else here that it is your way, your word or the highway? Whoa to anyone who speaks lies like this. Teach the Truth!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TikvahShua

May 22, 2015
✟15,174.00
Faith
How am I not a "good witness" for Messiah, when all that I have spoken is from YHVH's Word, Not mine? You are then telling me and everyone else here that it is your way, your word or the highway? Whoa to anyone who speaks lies like this. Teach the Truth!
There is only One Faith

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others

You are not being a good witness for Christ because I have asked you to remove your posts and stop as they are against the forum rules. That is the bad witness because one you are going against the rules and two someone has asked you to stop and remove the posts so that their thread doesn't get shut down.

It is also not way, but the forum's way, their rules, their way.

Upvote 0

TikvahShua

May 22, 2015
✟15,174.00
Faith
That there lies the problem, some call themselves a denomination and others call themselves a Faith. So she deceives herself if she thinks we are all one Faith because I know I am not the same Faith as JW or a Mormon as an example.

…Eph. 4:4There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; 5one Master, one faith, one baptism,6one YHVH Elohim and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.…

Upvote 0

TikvahShua

May 22, 2015
✟15,174.00
Faith
…Eph. 4:4There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; 5one Master, one faith, one baptism,6one YHVH Elohim and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.…
Surely you are the one deceived, as this is quoted from YHVH's Word, again... NOT my own.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

beaverpond

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
✟8,480.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Boidae, maybe that is exactly what she wants...maybe she wants it shut down because she sees how long this thread has gotten and will do anything to sabotage it. Maybe she sees it going against her beliefs and the only way to get her way is get it shut down. So the way I see it is we can either give in or we can just ignore her and let this thread continue and ignore her posts.

This is when you wish there was a way to block somebody in a certain thread.

Upvote 0

TikvahShua

May 22, 2015
✟15,174.00
Faith
Boidae, maybe that is exactly what she wants...maybe she wants it shut down because she sees how long this thread has gotten and will do anything to sabotage it. Maybe she sees it going against her beliefs and the only way to get her way is get it shut down. So the way I see it is we can either give in or we can just ignore her and let this thread continue and ignore her posts.

Again, they are NOT my beliefs. It is YHVH's Own Word! How can you refute that? How? You are so blind, you are not being teachable.

Upvote 0

TikvahShua

May 22, 2015
✟15,174.00
Faith
Again, they are NOT my beliefs. It is YHVH's Own Word! How can you refute that? How? You are so blind, you are not being teachable.

The Righteous are as Bold as a Lion
Proverbs 28:8 He who increases his wealth by interest and usury Gathers it for him who is gracious to the poor. 9He who turns away his ear from listening to the Torah, Even his prayer is an abomination.10He who leads the upright astray in an evil way Will himself fall into his own pit, But the blameless will inherit good.…
John 9:31
We know that YHVH does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly person who does his will.

Upvote 0

TikvahShua

May 22, 2015
✟15,174.00
Faith
The Righteous are as Bold as a Lion
Proverbs 28:8 He who increases his wealth by interest and usury Gathers it for him who is gracious to the poor. 9He who turns away his ear from listening to the Torah, Even his prayer is an abomination.10He who leads the upright astray in an evil way Will himself fall into his own pit, But the blameless will inherit good.…
John 9:31
We know that YHVH does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly person who does his will.

According to your "core beliefs" and/or "your doctrine" you then choose to strike words from YHVH's Own Word? Or add to His Word, your own words? Kind of like the sinners prayer? Where does that appear in YHVH's Word? It's an abomination which is the same word used for eating the flesh of swine, men lying with men, women with women, so if you choose to strike things from the Torah, then your actions are an abomination to YHVH, exactly the same to Him as the things that are abominable to Him. If you feel you have the authority to take away from or add to YHVH's Word, then go ahead. Moses said not to add to nor take away from, so did Yochanan in Revelation.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others

I am just going to have the thread shut down. This person is being a horrible witness for Christ and I don't want it to continue in my thread. SO the best thing is to shut it down.

Thanks to all that responded to answer my questions according to the rules of the forum!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.