Do Baptists Believe They Are The Only True Religion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral_Kang

Apr 17, 2011
✟15,220.00
Faith
Christian
I do believe doctrine is important to a certain degree. I just don't think its of primary importance as compared to salvation. It's pretty clear in scripture how to be saved. :)
Jennae, I would love to hear your take on what Scripture says about how to be saved. I've been saved nearly 35 years and I'm researching different people's takes on this.

Also, on a different subject, the bloke having a go at the OP about the Baptist pastor is inane (either that or he's deliberately trolling!), and what they would have called a 'Bad Witness' in my old Youth Group. Whatever that meant..... ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: SaintJoeNow
Upvote 0

Saricharity

Follower of Christ
Mar 24, 2014
Canada
✟75,597.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jennae, I would love to hear your take on what Scripture says about how to be saved. I've been saved nearly 35 years and I'm researching different people's takes on this.

Also, on a different subject, the bloke having a go at the OP about the Baptist pastor is inane (either that or he's deliberately trolling!), and what they would have called a 'Bad Witness' in my old Youth Group. Whatever that meant..... ;)

I haven't been saved as long as you. I'm still a wee bit wet behind the ears so to speak. :D
I praise God for your salvation.
Scripture teaches that the moment we turn from sin and trust in Jesus to be forgiven of sin, we are saved (Acts 2:37-41). Therefore we have passed from spiritual death to spiritual life (John 5:24) and has been declared not guilty in God's court of law (Rom 3:21-26). From God's perspective, our salvation is an objective reality that cannot be changed (Rom 8:28-30).

What have others said to you? Why are you researching what others believe? Do you believe scripture speaks clearly on the matter?

Upvote 0

lucaspa

Legend
Oct 22, 2002
New York
✟32,309.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Jesus said you must be born again. It sounds like the Baptist wanted to make sure you know that you are in fact born again and saved..... It sounds like you were not explaining to the Baptist how you know you are saved and he got frustrated because you were being resistant to him while he was concerned about whether or not you are absolutely sure you are going to heaven if you die today and concerned that you are sure you are not going to Hell.
Baptists are going to have problems with Methodists, then. ;) (So what else is new) Methodism holds that salvation is a process, not a defined moment in time. Methodism does hold that we are "born again" at baptism, but "born again" does not equal salvation. Nor is salvation assured just because you were once "saved". You can lose salvation if you do not walk the walk.

And no, I have never been sure I was not going to Hell. "Judgement is mine, says the Lord." I am not able to read God's mind, so I'm not sure what His views are of me.

Upvote 0

lucaspa

Legend
Oct 22, 2002
New York
✟32,309.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
If Baptists is not your cup of tea, then you obviously are here with prejudice against Baptists.
That does not follow (is a non-sequitor in logic). There are over 20,000 Christian denominations. Since people usually only belong to one at a time, your logic would have every Christian be prejudiced against all the denominations they do not belong to. That's absurd.

Reactions: Omah1970
Upvote 0

lucaspa

Legend
Oct 22, 2002
New York
✟32,309.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
The bible says straight is the gate and narrow is the way and few will find it. That makes me think that maybe there is only one true Church that Jesus died for.
The Bible also says that God's house has many rooms. Also, I thought Jesus died for us, for our sins, not for a "true Church".

God is loving, and has gone to such efforts to reach out to people, so I find it difficult to believe that He would make it so difficult for people to find Him. I agree with Harvey Cox that there are so many denominations (and so many religions) because God left us lots of paths for us to find Him. It doesn't matter which path, since they all lead to the same Father. Right? But it does give more chances to more people in that people can find a path that speaks to them and which resonates with them.

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I would argue that's the Catholic Church. And BTW...no child sacrifices beneath the Vatican. Sheesh.

Baptists believe the Bible, the word of God as the authority, and not the Pope. I was talking about Lutherans who in many cases are very similar to Baptists, I was not talking about Catholics but since you brought it up.....
Is there a difference between sacrificing a child beneath the Vatican and the Vatican looking the other way to allow the cover-up of priests molesting altar boys?
Isn't it the same thing? Isn't a priest molesting an altar boy and then the matter being covered up for decades by the Catholic church the same as children being sacrificed beneath the Vatican?

This is the kind of stuff that makes Baptists believe other sects are not following the Bible.

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Greetings Saintjoenow; I believe you are being a little harsh with Boidae, for asking his question, which you say is not true, when in fact it really is in many cases Not all Baptist believe the same, I do not believe the Baptist Pastor needs to be forgiven for anything , he was just doing his job, He might have been a little overbearing about the bible issue. If you had tried to be truthful and Kind possibility you might have won him over. You said that you don’t have to be a Baptist to be saved. So do you believe you can be saved by any church of your choice ? The bible says straight is the gate and narrow is the way and few will find it. That makes me think that maybe there is only one true Church that Jesus died for.

Just change the Baptist in the OP into a Lutheran and turn it around. Do Lutherans believe they are the only true religion?

If I changed the Baptist in this OP story into a Lutheran who got a look of disgust on his face when he heard me say I will use nothing but the King James Bible because it's the word of God, I would probably get banned from the site for forum violations.

The OP is a slur against Baptist and particularly against KJV only Baptists. If the originator only wanted to ask about Baptist beliefs, he could have asked without portraying a Baptist pastor as being pushy in evangelizing and easily offended with a look of disgust at the mention of using versions other than the KJV. I do not think I was being harsh in my assessment of the OP. I think it was nothing but an attempt to slander Baptists, and particularly to slander KJV only Baptists.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Baptists are going to have problems with Methodists, then. ;) (So what else is new) Methodism holds that salvation is a process, not a defined moment in time. Methodism does hold that we are "born again" at baptism, but "born again" does not equal salvation. Nor is salvation assured just because you were once "saved". You can lose salvation if you do not walk the walk.

And no, I have never been sure I was not going to Hell. "Judgement is mine, says the Lord." I am not able to read God's mind, so I'm not sure what His views are of me.

Many Christians are indeed going to heaven and are not going to Hell but they are not sure about it. The Bible says you can be sure. I am sure.

I am sure I am not going to Hell, I know my sins are forgiven and I am going to heaven because I am saved from Hell by the Savior. You can know today and be absolutely sure that your sins are forgiven and you are going to heaven.

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

Baptists believe the Bible. The Bible says we have the mind of Christ, and this comes by His Spirit which is Jesus Christ Himself living in us. The mind of God is revealed in His word, and His views of us are plain to read. We can believe His word. This is a Baptist distinctive, and it is easily shown in the Bible.

And "born again" does indeed equal being saved. We must be saved from Hell and Jesus very clearly said "ye must be born again". The Bible is very clear on this, in spite of what is taught in many other denominations. That is why the Baptist pastor portrayed as pushy in the OP was in reality concerned about the person he reached out to as he went out into the highways and biways of the world trying to tell people what he knows of God's love and His word. The originator of the thread took it the wrong way and tried to make the Pastor sound like he was nothing but pushy and selfish, but the man only wanted to help the thread originator to be confident in God's word.

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The Bible also says that God's house has many rooms. Also, I thought Jesus died for us, for our sins, not for a "true Church".

God is loving, and has gone to such efforts to reach out to people, so I find it difficult to believe that He would make it so difficult for people to find Him. I agree with Harvey Cox that there are so many denominations (and so many religions) because God left us lots of paths for us to find Him. It doesn't matter which path, since they all lead to the same Father. Right? But it does give more chances to more people in that people can find a path that speaks to them and which resonates with them.

Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes to the Father but by me".

There is no other path, there is no other way. Harvey Cox went directly against the words of Jesus Christ, and you are believing the wrong person in the matter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

Most people find a path that speaks to them and/or resonates with them and it is the path which is in accordance with their human nature which is the path of sin. Jesus said it is the broad path that leads to destruction and many go that way. The way that leads to life is exclusive, and Jesus Christ is that way. Compared to the many who go other ways according to whatever speaks to or resonates with them, He is the narrow way and few find it. Many will come to Jesus on Judgment day and tell Him they did many things for Him, but He will say He never knew them and they will be lost forever in Hell. Christians on this site are saved even if they don't know they are saved because Jesus is the Savior and all of His people have been born of His Spirit and are saved from Hell. I have seen some atheists on this site, but most of the people I have seen are Christians. Baptists simply believe they are closest to Bible doctrine, like John the Baptist who was the first Baptist crying in the wilderness "repent, for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand" and then after Jesus was baptized by John, Jesus began his ministry by preaching the exact same message "repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand". Baptists simply follow Jesus and His word.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Just change the Baptist in the OP into a Lutheran and turn it around. Do Lutherans believe they are the only true religion?

If I changed the Baptist in this OP story into a Lutheran who got a look of disgust on his face when he heard me say I will use nothing but the King James Bible because it's the word of God, I would probably get banned from the site for forum violations.

The OP is a slur against Baptist and particularly against KJV only Baptists. If the originator only wanted to ask about Baptist beliefs, he could have asked without portraying a Baptist pastor as being pushy in evangelizing and easily offended with a look of disgust at the mention of using versions other than the KJV. I do not think I was being harsh in my assessment of the OP. I think it was nothing but an attempt to slander Baptists, and particularly to slander KJV only Baptists.

Joe, do not reply to this thread anymore as I have repeatedly asked you to stop lying about my intentions, but you keep doing so anyway. I was curious about what Baptists believe and that is why I started this thread and nothing more.

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

Omah1970

Nov 28, 2014
✟11,672.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I can personally say I was raised in a Baptist church that came right out and said that their church correctly interpreted scripture and all other churches that weren't Baptists were teaching heresy and false doctrine. My dad said this to me as well it really bothered me. This is a big fancy 2000 member fundamental Independent Baptist church I went too and it messed me up for years. But to this day I still identify as Baptist because I love the denomination as a whole. There are many different branches of Baptists some like the one I go to identify themselves as Bapticostals. The one my mom goes too is a Missionary old school wear your dresses down to your ankles and God only likes glorified country music aka Southern Gospel Baptist church and that's what works for her. I don't subscribe though to the idea that there is only one denomination that properly represents our savior. Jesus himself said I have other sheep so he obviously through foreknowledge there were going to be different types of churches. Unless I'm misunderstanding that scripture and if so I humbly apologize.

Upvote 0

Omah1970

Nov 28, 2014
✟11,672.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think you need to forgive the guy and stop making an issue trying to make him look bad for being a Baptist. You come to the Baptist forum as a Lutheran and try to make Baptists look bad. Why do you do that? It sounds like you have an issue against Baptists and you are trying to make them look bad.
I think he is asking a sincere question and your being hyper sensitive. It is a legitimate question and is an issue within some of our churches I am Baptist myself and I've seen this attitude before from certain branches. Not discussing it isn't going to make it go away or any less so.

Upvote 0

Omah1970

Nov 28, 2014
✟11,672.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hum...Sounds like this Baptist Pastor has some real issues to work out. Even within the Baptist faith there are many, many divisions in their faith. Which does He follow? Let's see now there's the "First Baptist Church" , "Faith Baptist", "Reformed Baptist" and so on and so on and so on.... it's endless now in most any denomination! Which is right? I recently read an article by a famous Baptist preacher who insisted we should take the ENTIRE Word of God literally, yet he denies a huge percent of it, stating it is not for today. Hum... How does one pick and choose what is or is not for today other than by human reasoning? The Word of God alone is perfect. What did Jesus mean when He said "Come Follow me"? Did His life not display and show the way to go, the truths to be followed and the life that is in Him"? Are we not to be conformed to His image"? Let's stick to the Bible, seek God and trust what He says and let's discern when someone, even if it's a Pastor does not have and is not acting out of the fruit of the Spirit, such as love, but rather displaying a "religious spirit". The Lord Our God says The Holy Spirit was sent to bring us into ALL truth.(John 16:13). It's simple. It is the Holy Spirit who can and does reveal the truth to us and we need Him, not the opinions of men, divisions of beliefs nor the prideful Spirit that wars against the Word of God.It's up to each one of us to dig deep into the Holy Bible Scriptures, trusting God, His Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ the living Word, the same yesterday, today, forever (Hebrews 13:8) to reveal truth. To the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen (Jude 1:25)
Have you ever heard of the Baptist Brides doctrine? That was taught in my church I grew up in. Heresy is heresy no matter how well you color it up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TikvahShua

May 22, 2015
✟15,174.00
Faith
That's the key right there, reading the Bible and letting God speak to you through His words. Without having to learn Greek or Hebrew, getting the 'accurate' Word of God seems unlikely. I've compared various versions to the KJV and found the study ESV to be the best for me.

The start of the Baptists in America came about because there were not enough pastors to meet the need. The Baptists did not require formal theological education and could turn around more preachers than the Presbyterians.

Each denomination has its quirks and uniqueness which their names usually point that out. I have longed to see all them kiss and make up, but there's little chance of getting everyone to agree on everything. Man made traditions and individual beliefs drive a wedge between those who believe in Christ.

I am a direct descendant of the Calvinist Scots (where Presbyterians have their origin) that started by John Knox that were forced to move to Northern Ireland (which eventually left in droves to the British colonies in America). That's not to say my ancestors over the years didn't identify with other denominations. In researching my family there were Lutherans, Methodists and Congregationalists. It goes to show that we tend to fall into a group of people that are 'like-minded'.

I'm curious about this. If I am understanding correctly you are stating salvation is a product of the flesh, or of the spirit? Israel was entrusted with God's commandments to be an example how we will continually fail to keep them. The flesh had corrupted the law, and proved incomplete. Jesus who was born under the law fulfilled the law. This new covenant was given to the Jew first and later the Gentiles. God opens our hearts and we accept the work of Jesus by faith. The law leads us the cross and Christ works on us to through the Spirit to maintain the law. That is Sanctification.

Philippans 2:12 Thus, my beloved,just as you always obeyed, not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence, you must "continutally work out your own salvation" with fear and trembling: 13. for YAH is the One Who works in you, both to "determine" and to "work", for His good pleasure. 14. You must "continually do everything" without grumbling or argument, 15. so that you would "become blameless and pure", children of YAH who cannot be censured in the midst of a crooked and perverted generation, among whom you are to shine like stars of the world, 16. presenting as lights a message of life......

Psa 119:41
Vav.
May Your lovingkindnesses also come to me, O yhvh,
Your salvation according to Your word [Torah];
Psa 119:81
Kaph.
My soul languishes for Your salvation;
I wait for Your word [Torah].
Psa 119:123
My eyes fail with longing for Your salvation
And for Your righteous word [Torah].
Psa 119:155
Salvation is far from the wicked,
For they do not seek Your statutes [instruction,Torah].
Psa 119:166
I hope for Your salvation, O YHVH,
And do Your commandments.
Psa 119:174
I long for Your salvation, O LORD,
And Your Torah [instruction] is my delight.

Isa 33:6
And He will be the stability of your times,
A wealth of salvation, wisdom and knowledge;
The fear of the YHVH is his treasure

Isa 45:17
Israel has been saved by the YHVH
With an everlasting salvation;
You will not be put to shame or humiliated
To all eternity.

Isa 46:13
“I bring near My righteousness, it is not far off;
And My salvation will not delay.
And I will grant salvation in Zion,
And My glory for Israel.

Deu 6:24

“So the YHVH commanded us to observe all these statutes, to fear the YHVH our Elohim for our good always and for our survival, as it is today.
Deu 6:25
“It will be righteousness for us if we are careful to observe all this commandment before the YHVH our Elohim, just as He commanded us.

1Sa 26:23
YHVH will repay each man for his righteousness and his faithfulness...
2Sa 22:21
“YHVH has rewarded me according to my righteousness;
According to the cleanness of my hands He has recompensed me.

1Ki 3:6
Then Solomon said, “You have shown great lovingkindness to Your servant David my father, according as he walked before You in truth [Torah] and righteousness and uprightness of heart toward You; and You have reserved for him this great lovingkindness, that You have given him a son to sit on his throne, as it is this day.
1Ki 8:32
then hear in heaven and act and judge Your servants, condemning the wicked by bringing his way on his own head and justifying the righteous by giving him according to his righteousness.

Psa 4:5
Offer the sacrifices of righteousness,
And trust in YHVH.
Psa 24:5
He shall receive a blessing from the LORD
And righteousness from the Elohim of his salvation.

Pro 8:20
“I walk in the way of righteousness,
In the midst of the paths of justice,

Pro 10:2

l-gotten gains do not profit,
But righteousness delivers from death.

Pro 11:4
Riches do not profit in the day of wrath,

Pro 11:6
The righteousness of the upright will deliver them,
But the treacherous will be caught by their own greed.
Pro 11:19
He who is steadfast in righteousness will attain to life,
And he who pursues evil will bring about his own death.
Pro 15:9
The way of the wicked is an abomination to YHVH,
But He loves one who pursues righteousness.

Isa 51:7
“Listen to Me, you who know righteousness,
A people in whose heart is My law [Torah];
Do not fear the reproach of man,
Nor be dismayed at their revilings.
Isa 56:1
Thus says YHVH,
“Preserve justice and do righteousness,
For My salvation {Yeshua} is about to come
And My righteousness to be revealed.

Isa 58:2
“Yet they seek Me day by day and delight to know My ways,
As a nation that has done righteousness
And has not forsaken the ordinance of their God.
They ask Me for just decisions,
They delight in the nearness of God.

Mat 5:6
“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
Mat 5:10
“Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:20
“For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Jhn 16:8
“And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment;

So then, what is sin?
sin
[ sin ] wrong · wrongdoing · act of evil/wickedness · transgression ·crime · offense · misdeed · misdemeanor · trespass · wickedness · wrongdoing ·wrong · evil · evildoing · sinfulness · immorality · iniquity · vice · crime
VERB

1. commit a sin:
    "I sinned and brought shame down on us"
    synonyms: commit a sin · commit an offense · transgress · do wrong · commit a crime · break the law · misbehave · go astray · trespass
I never knew you.

Matt. 7:21 "Not everyone who says to Me, "Master, Master!", will enter the Kingdom of the Heavens, but the one who does the will of My Father, the One in the heavens.
22. Many will say to Me in That Day, "Master, Master! Did we not prophesy in Your Name? And we cast out demons in Your Name, and we did many miracles in Your Name?"

23. And then I will delcare to them that "I never knew you: you working without Torah [Teaching] must continually depart from Me."

vs. 23 Without Torah means to fail to do all things taught in the Torah, the first five books of Scripture. And Yeshua is the Living Word. Word=Torah. Yeshua=Torah. He did not come to do away with Torah, not a jot nor a tittle would pass away.

He came to bring fruition/fulfillment to YAH's Word, NOT to change any of it. For if He changed any of it, He would not be the Messiah. He could not be. Thus neither He nor any of His talmidim [disciples] broke or "did away" with ANYTHING in the Torah. On the contrary, they taught it.

So there's your ... short... answer...

Reactions: GillDouglas
Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Philippans 2:12 Thus, my beloved,just as you always obeyed, not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence, you must "continutally work out your own salvation" with fear and trembling: 13. for YAH is the One Who works in you, both to "determine" and to "work", for His good pleasure. 14. You must "continually do everything" without grumbling or argument, 15. so that you would "become blameless and pure", children of YAH who cannot be censured in the midst of a crooked and perverted generation, among whom you are to shine like stars of the world, 16. presenting as lights a message of life......

Psa 119:41
Vav.
May Your lovingkindnesses also come to me, O yhvh,
Your salvation according to Your word [Torah];
Psa 119:81
Kaph.
My soul languishes for Your salvation;
I wait for Your word [Torah].
Psa 119:123
My eyes fail with longing for Your salvation
And for Your righteous word [Torah].
Psa 119:155
Salvation is far from the wicked,
For they do not seek Your statutes [instruction,Torah].
Psa 119:166
I hope for Your salvation, O YHVH,
And do Your commandments.
Psa 119:174
I long for Your salvation, O LORD,
And Your Torah [instruction] is my delight.

Isa 33:6
And He will be the stability of your times,
A wealth of salvation, wisdom and knowledge;
The fear of the YHVH is his treasure

Isa 45:17
Israel has been saved by the YHVH
With an everlasting salvation;
You will not be put to shame or humiliated
To all eternity.

Isa 46:13
“I bring near My righteousness, it is not far off;
And My salvation will not delay.
And I will grant salvation in Zion,
And My glory for Israel.

Deu 6:24

“So the YHVH commanded us to observe all these statutes, to fear the YHVH our Elohim for our good always and for our survival, as it is today.
Deu 6:25
“It will be righteousness for us if we are careful to observe all this commandment before the YHVH our Elohim, just as He commanded us.

1Sa 26:23
YHVH will repay each man for his righteousness and his faithfulness...
2Sa 22:21
“YHVH has rewarded me according to my righteousness;
According to the cleanness of my hands He has recompensed me.

1Ki 3:6
Then Solomon said, “You have shown great lovingkindness to Your servant David my father, according as he walked before You in truth [Torah] and righteousness and uprightness of heart toward You; and You have reserved for him this great lovingkindness, that You have given him a son to sit on his throne, as it is this day.
1Ki 8:32
then hear in heaven and act and judge Your servants, condemning the wicked by bringing his way on his own head and justifying the righteous by giving him according to his righteousness.

Psa 4:5
Offer the sacrifices of righteousness,
And trust in YHVH.
Psa 24:5
He shall receive a blessing from the LORD
And righteousness from the Elohim of his salvation.

Pro 8:20
“I walk in the way of righteousness,
In the midst of the paths of justice,

Pro 10:2

l-gotten gains do not profit,

Pro 11:4
Riches do not profit in the day of wrath,

Pro 11:6
The righteousness of the upright will deliver them,
But the treacherous will be caught by their own greed.
Pro 11:19
He who is steadfast in righteousness will attain to life,
And he who pursues evil will bring about his own death.
Pro 15:9
The way of the wicked is an abomination to YHVH,
But He loves one who pursues righteousness.

Isa 51:7
“Listen to Me, you who know righteousness,
A people in whose heart is My law [Torah];
Do not fear the reproach of man,
Nor be dismayed at their revilings.
Isa 56:1
Thus says YHVH,
“Preserve justice and do righteousness,
For My salvation {Yeshua} is about to come
And My righteousness to be revealed.

Isa 58:2
“Yet they seek Me day by day and delight to know My ways,
As a nation that has done righteousness
And has not forsaken the ordinance of their God.
They ask Me for just decisions,
They delight in the nearness of God.

Mat 5:6
“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
Mat 5:10
“Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:20
“For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Jhn 16:8
“And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment;

So then, what is sin?
sin
[ sin ] wrong · wrongdoing · act of evil/wickedness · transgression ·crime · offense · misdeed · misdemeanor · trespass · wickedness · wrongdoing ·wrong · evil · evildoing · sinfulness · immorality · iniquity · vice · crime
VERB

1. commit a sin:
    "I sinned and brought shame down on us"
    synonyms: commit a sin · commit an offense · transgress · do wrong · commit a crime · break the law · misbehave · go astray · trespass
I never knew you.

Matt. 7:21 "Not everyone who says to Me, "Master, Master!", will enter the Kingdom of the Heavens, but the one who does the will of My Father, the One in the heavens.
22. Many will say to Me in That Day, "Master, Master! Did we not prophesy in Your Name? And we cast out demons in Your Name, and we did many miracles in Your Name?"

23. And then I will delcare to them that "I never knew you: you working without Torah [Teaching] must continually depart from Me."

vs. 23 Without Torah means to fail to do all things taught in the Torah, the first five books of Scripture. And Yeshua is the Living Word. Word=Torah. Yeshua=Torah. He did not come to do away with Torah, not a jot nor a tittle would pass away.

He came to bring fruition/fulfillment to YAH's Word, NOT to change any of it. For if He changed any of it, He would not be the Messiah. He could not be. Thus neither He nor any of His talmidim [disciples] broke or "did away" with ANYTHING in the Torah. On the contrary, they taught it.

So there's your ... short... answer...

Please remove the above post and the one below it before you get my thread closed.

You are teaching against the Baptist statement of faith with these parts and there has already been two warnings and the next time they will close my thread.

Upvote 0

TikvahShua

May 22, 2015
✟15,174.00
Faith
Please remove the above post and the one below it before you get my thread closed.

You are teaching against the Baptist statement of faith with these parts and there has already been two warnings and the next time they will close my thread.

I'm teaching against it? Seriously?

I am teaching against the Baptist statement of faith you say? You sir/madam are teaching against the Word of Elohim. All that I have quoted here is from His Word, and not my own. Do what you will. It remains between you and YHVH Elohim, Who IS the Righteous Judge!

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
I'm teaching against it? Seriously?

I am teaching against the Baptist statement of faith you say? You sir/madam are teaching against the Word of Elohim. All that I have quoted here is from His Word, and not my own. Do what you will. It remains between you and YHVH Elohim, Who IS the Righteous Judge!

Are you yourself in agreement with the core beliefs of this congregational forum?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.