Do all SDA?s believe that Gentiles are not a part of the New Covenant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:confused: Where was He referring to the plan of salvation?

When he said "It is finished". What was his mission to earth? Why did he die? He died to make provision for our salvation. When he said it is finished he was referring to his mission. His mission was complete. He had paved the way for all to get salvation. That is why the veil ripped in two. The ultimate sacrifice for our salvation has been made. No need for a earthly holy and most holy place to atone for a priest to atone for sins anymore. The reality had come. The plan of salvation was complete. It is not up to each one of us whether we want it or not.

Upvote 0

BIBLE TIMES

Jun 1, 2009
California
✟821.00
Faith
Charismatic
Politics
US-Libertarian
God said... 'Kill and eat"
Acts 11:7
And I heard a voice saying to me, ‘Rise, Peter; kill and eat.’

Notice that there were not people on the sheet,it was animals,God said “eat”.He did not mean to eat the Gentiles.He said the food was now clean.

Why would He say that if it was just meant that he could be together with Gentiles?He said eat,and Peter did.So both truths are conveyed in the vision.Obviously you have to be together to eat
.If he was in the house of a Gentile,then he ate "unclean" food,did he not? Also, going into the house of Cornelius alone,shows how the old laws were done away with.

Acts 11:3 “You went to uncircumcised men and ate with them.”

Confirmed again in Galatians.

Galatians
2:12
For before certain men came from James, he was eating with the Gentiles; but when they came he drew back and separated himself, fearing the circumcision party.

Which again confirms all the other verses.Sorry,the Jewish ceremonial food laws are not for Chrisitians.God called the food clean,as confirmed in Mark 7:19.Thanks!

Upvote 0

BIBLE TIMES

Jun 1, 2009
California
✟821.00
Faith
Charismatic
Politics
US-Libertarian
Pork was food.
Gen 6:20-21
Two of every kind of bird,of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive. 21 You are to take every kind of food that is to be eaten and store it away as food for you and for them."

Genesis 9:3

Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

Then it became unclean under ceremonial laws.

Lev 11:4-7
" 'There are some that only chew the cud or only have a split hoof, but you must not eat them. The camel, though it chews the cud, does not have a split hoof; it is ceremonially unclean for you. 5 The coney, though it chews the cud, does not have a split hoof; it is unclean for you. 6 The rabbit, though it chews the cud, does not have a split hoof; it is unclean for you. 7 And the pig, though it has a split hoof completely divided, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you.

Now it is clean.

Mark 7:19 Ampliifed
Since it does not reach and enter his heart but [only his] digestive tract, and so passes on [into the place designed to receive waste]? Thus He was making and declaring all foods [ceremonially] clean [that is, abolishing the ceremonial distinctions of the Levitical Law].

That is also what Paul said.

Romans 14:14
14I know and am convinced in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself; but to him who thinks anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

Romans 14:20
Do not, for the sake of food, destroy the work of God. Everything is indeed clean, but it is wrong for anyone to make another stumble by what he eats.

And eat all the foods in the Corinth meat market,That would include shellfish,due to it’s location.And yes,pork was sold there too.
1 Corinthians 10:25
Eat whatever is sold in the meat market without raising any question on the ground of conscience.

Cleansed through prayer,not abstinence.We know the truth.
1 Timothy 4:3 who forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.
Luke 10:8
Whenever you enter a town and they receive you, eat what is set before you.

Upvote 0
M

MamaZ

When he said "It is finished". What was his mission to earth? Why did he die? He died to make provision for our salvation. When he said it is finished he was referring to his mission. His mission was complete. He had paved the way for all to get salvation. That is why the veil ripped in two. The ultimate sacrifice for our salvation has been made. No need for a earthly holy and most holy place to atone for a priest to atone for sins anymore. The reality had come. The plan of salvation was complete. It is not up to each one of us whether we want it or not.
His mission was to become Sin for His people.. IT was finished.. Completed.. He did not pave the way.. He became the way..

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Victorville, California, CorpUSA
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Doctrine or taste?

Word of God.

The former is unorthodox and disavows Christ.

By obeying His words?

The latter is fully acceptable.

According to whom?
He died so that I didn't have to be a legalist.

Right. He didn't die for you to disregard His commandments.

He died so that I don't have to sacrifice sheep, goats, and turtle doves.

Right. He did this willingly.

He died so that I could realize that it isn't what I eat but what I say that defiles me.

And it appears that what you say denies the word of God.

You missed the symbolism. Give it another go.

Look, if Christians wish to ignore the "good advice" that God gives us in his word they are free to do so. That's what freedom of choice is all about. But I'm certainly puzzled because where does the Bible say that man shall live by only half of the words that come from God's mouth?

Why not? Because it is a baseless question. I'm not going to waste time when an alternative as I did show is so easily shown. Your False Dichotomy is illogical and void.

Baseless question? I just want to know that if you choose to ignore God's good advice regarding pork and shrimp why not go all the way?

There is a reason we don't eat Kentucky Fried Raven.

St. Paul disagrees with you. He's in Scripture. I'll take God's Revelation over SDA man-made doctrine.

Where does Paul ever adovocate eating "common" animals?

He's talking about the inside, not the outside.

Why all this Gnostic/Manichean stuff?

No, He is talking about the "outside." Garments and clothing are always seen as righteousness in the scriptures. Always.

Gnostic? Is this a "mystery" to you?

It doesn't matter now; the Sabbath is out and Christ is in! Alleluia!

But the question is are we "in Christ" when we disobey Him?

That's an unhistoric interpretation of Scripture. I'll take what has always been believed than the ideas of men well over 2,000 years later.

That was the heart of the problem in the recounting of the Gospels. Man's tradition versus the Truth of the Word.

Which Commandments did Christ quote from? You accuse me of not answering questions and I've asked that one of you a few times now.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

You asked me no question but made an empirical statement.

And yet, look what Christ did quote of the Ten. Ahhhh, fulfilled, but antinomianism, Christ made clear, was no means absolved. He had to be the Living Torah, but He took place of the ritual because HE IS THE RITUAL.

I just want to know what rituals were "fulfilled" in the TC that's all.

Fallacy of Gross Generalization. Again, an illogical and void statement that is contrary to what I have said here and in other places. It isn't worth considering.

Yes, I know...it is a tough question to consider.

Exactly; because they were legalists. They cared about the ritual/holiness laws more than social and moral ones. That is why Isaiah told them to start caring for orphans and widows (social), to give just one example.

And yet, never once did Christ abolish any of the laws they so zealously and incorrectly followed - He told them there "traditions" were to be done away with, not the law.

Their hands were bloodied the same reason why SDA doctrine denies the Messianic Nature of Christ; legalism.

You know, you make alot of claims that have no basis in fact and are unnecessary. Unless you begin to back up your claims you should not make any statements about what SDA's teach or believe.

St. Paul said that God never actually thought eating pork was wrong. He did command it of them however so as to be a Light to the world.

Fortunately for us, Paul never said such a thing. If God never thought eating swine was wrong why did He command it not be eaten or touched?

So it is both the Jews' fault, but St. Paul makes it clear that the Law, in the way that they took it, condemned them. So in that sense, yes; the Law as legalism too.

I can assure you there was no problem with the law, only the people. Paul calls the law Holy and the commandment Holy, just and good.

Rom 7:12 Wherefore the law [is] holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
Without commenting on specific points, ever took a look at the New Testament? Or perhaps Canon Law?

Yes, I have. Many times. In that the NT wasn't complied for nearly 300 years after the death of Christ what was to guide the people?

2Ti 3:16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
"All scripture...."

Meat isn't traditionally allowed during Lent. Yet fish is. Been that way for a long, long, LONG time.

Fish isn't canonically meat.

Fish is "scriptural."

It stands, firm and stronger than ever.

Last request. You stated I said something that I did not, nor have ever said on this thread. Please retract your statement or provide verifiable proof of your assertions.

More Gross Generalizations. Null and void.

Legitimate questions that you cannot, nor will not answer.

**Points to a Vatican Catholic** Christian? Follows the New Covenant?
**Points to an Anglican** Same two questions.
**Points to other Apostolics; EOs, OCs, OOs** Well?
**Points to Methodists and Wesleyans** Are they?
**Points to Evangelical Protestants** Well?!
**Points to Lutherans and Moravians** According to you...
**Points to Mainstream Protestants and all other Nicene/Non-Sabbatarian/Non-Legalist categories** ...they aren't!

If any would rather follow man's tradition than the word of God then there are not part of the new covenant, it's as simple as that.

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Word of God.

1. Bibliolatry as only Christ is the Word of God.
2. Ironically enough, you've completely then disavowed the written Revelation of God, which is Holy Scripture.

Nothing more to be said.

If any would rather follow man's tradition than the word of God then there are not part of the new covenant, it's as simple as that.

You heard it here folks; an SDA admits not believing us Gentiles to be a part of the New Covenant yet says otherwise elsewhere.

Nothing more to be said.

My job is done.

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
1. Bibliolatry as only Christ is the Word of God.

See John1:1-4.

2. Ironically enough, you've completely then disavowed the written Revelation of God, which is Holy Scripture.

Really? What revelation of God involves eating things God said not to eat?

Nothing more to be said.

I agree.

You heard it here folks; an SDA admits not believing us Gentiles to be a part of the New Covenant yet says otherwise elsewhere.

So you think that following man's tradition as opposed to the word of God makes you part of the New Covenant? Really?

Nothing more to be said.

I agree.

My job is done.

You mean you are out of obvious error to share?

Upvote 0

archierieus

Craftsman
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Petaluma, Califiornia
Visit site
✟55,139.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I am a little confused. I thought this thread was about whether or not Gentiles are or can be under the New Covenant? This seems to have gotten sidetracked into dietary issues. I wonder if a new thread should be started about that? Maybe I will do so.

Reactions: BIBLE TIMES
Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I am a little confused. I thought this thread was about whether or not Gentiles are or can be under the New Covenant? This seems to have gotten sidetracked into dietary issues. I wonder if a new thread should be started about that? Maybe I will do so.

Naw, you're good. People like to go off into various tangents to sidetrack the main point. The fact of the matter is that most gentiles can't tell anyone why they are part of the new covenant or what that really means. It just sounds pretty.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
M

MamaZ

I'm not "qualifying" anything but the Bible surely does. One can utter the name Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior but have no faith displayed in any shape, manner and form.

The workings of the law are not of faith in Christ. They are faith in mans works to which no man will be justified..

No. So are you saying that we should have no works?
Depends on what works you are talking about really. For the works that James speaks of is not the working of the Law..

Sinfulness? I'm consistently told on these forums that we aren't under law but under grace. No law, no sin. Ergo, without the law there can be no sin. Everyone is therefore sinless.
Sin dwells in man. Not in their works.. For out of the abundance of ones heart one speaks and does. This is why one must be born again. Not followers of the law.

Depends on who you are attempting to pigeonhole. Are you referring to the converted or the unconverted?

The converted do their good works because they know those works are from God and they bring honor and glory to God the Father. Because they know these works are a display of His righteousness, mercy and grace they can take no credit whatsoever for any of these things. Without Christ we can do nothing.
The Body of Christ does works because of the Love that has been shed abroad in their hearts by the Holy Spirit. For those who are lead by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The fruit of the Spirit is not obedience to the law.
The unconverted do their works to be seen of men, to seek the glory and honor of men and never give proper due to Him that makes all goodness possible.
Those whom know not Christ do the works of their flesh .

A converted heart that does the things they do to give honor and glory to God the Father can be assured that all motives are pure, sanctified and blessed especially by God. Therefore I would not agree that our most rigorous efforts are polluted with sinfulness.
Not really for the above statement.. For there are those who believe they have been converted that still believe that the workings of the law bring Glory to God when scripture shows us that those who belong to Christ are dead to the law..

Upvote 0

BIBLE TIMES

Jun 1, 2009
California
✟821.00
Faith
Charismatic
Politics
US-Libertarian
Naw, you're good. People like to go off into various tangents to sidetrack the main point. The fact of the matter is that most gentiles can't tell anyone why they are part of the new covenant or what that really means. It just sounds pretty.
No offense,but I clearly showed,right on this thread,that you had 2 different positions.I thought you NOW think Gentiles are in the new Cov.Lets talk aboit it shall we:).Since you think they are,as I do,Tell us why.Thanks.I await your reply.

It will be most interesting to hear it from one who said we were not,yet now says we are.

Upvote 0

BIBLE TIMES

Jun 1, 2009
California
✟821.00
Faith
Charismatic
Politics
US-Libertarian
Good day.:wave:
While I await for an answer from rnd..
Paul was a minister of the new covenant,as was he to the Gentiles.In his 2nd letter to the Corinth church(Gentiles),he described it quite well.

2 Cor 3:6
who has made us competent to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Earlier in verse 3,he describes the Spirit writing on our hearts.That is a reffference to Jeremiah 31,that is clearly known to be the new covenant.(also quoted in Hebrews 8 and 13)

3 And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

Notice the refference to the old cov,the tablets of Moses.

Then down the chapter,again,the comparrison to the old cov..Moses.

14 But their minds were hardened. For to this day, when they read the old covenant, that same veil remains unlifted, because only through Christ is it taken away.15 Yes, to this day whenever Moses is read a veil lies over their hearts. 16 But when oneturns to the Lord, the veil is removed.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No offense,but I clearly showed,right on this thread,that you had 2 different positions.

No offense, but no, you didn't.

I thought you NOW think Gentiles are in the new Cov.

When a gentile accepts Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and His words abide in that person then the become an adopted member of the family of Israel, a "fellowcitizen" with the saints so thus there is no more Jew no more Greek....

Now, as I stated before I think the confusion lies in understanding who "Israel" is quite frankly. Jesus Christ is "Israel." Everything that pointed to "Israel" was fulfilled in Jesus Christ and His ministry. He has "over come" the world. As believers in Him, who have His word abiding in us, and what He has done for us we are "over comers" in Him.

Most folks couldn't tell another that the name "Israel" means "over comer."

Lets talk aboit it shall we:).Since you think they are,as I do,Tell us why.Thanks.I await your reply.

See above.

It will be most interesting to hear it from one who said we were not,yet now says we are.

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
In his 2nd letter to the Corinth church (Gentiles), he described it quite well.

Corinth was home to Jews. In fact Paul reasoned with them in the synagogues every sabbath.

Act 18:4 And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.

He was in fact there a year and six months.

Act 18:11 And he continued [there] a year and six months, teaching the word of God among them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
M

MamaZ

Corinth was home to Jews. In fact Paul reasoned with them in the synagogues every sabbath.

Act 18:4 And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.

He was in fact there a year and six months.

Act 18:11 And he continued [there] a year and six months, teaching the word of God among them.
To pursuade the Jews and greeks what? To keep the sabbath?

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
To pursuade the Jews and greeks what?

That Jesus Christ is the Messiah.

To keep the sabbath?

No. Just a point of fact that Paul met with Jews and gentiles on the sabbath. Very common place.

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
IT was back then.. Still is to the Isrealites whom still have not come to faith in Christ.

I guess you've never heard of Messianic Jews.

BTW, if you are Christ's you are Abraham's seed and He was a sabbath keeper.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.