• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Divorce

T

tannie89

Hey
its been a long time since i been on here! well it seems like it anyway...
Well, long story short, my parents are getting divorced. Been fighting for 2 years non stop, and finally divorce seems around the corner.. theres talk of my mum getting a new house, but she cant afford it.
I really want to stay with my mum, coz she needs me more than my dad does. But i dont know if she'll have enuff room for me... i really dont wanna stay with my dad.
I guess the main thing im worried about is.. i dont want them to be lonely.. or depressed. I dont want them to waste their lives wallowing in their sorrow, i want them to find someone new, people who will treat them the way they crave. Im so worried that they will regret it and it will be too late... i just want them to be happy.

So im asking you guys... please, pray for peace and happiness for my parents. Pray that they smile again.

god bless

Marcus

madison1101

Senior Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟5,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I understand your concern for your parents. You love them, and don't want them to suffer pain. Unfortunately, they will. So will you. The Lord says we will have suffering. What you can do for your parents is pray for them to have the strength to bear the emotional hurts that come with divorce. Love both of them. Let them know you are praying for them. Also, pray God's will for their lives, as well as yours. :prayer:

Hugs,
Trish

Upvote 0

TheMainException

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2004
In my universe
✟19,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
you are amazing Marcus....you really are, keep praying, a sincere heart is the kind that God loves most......He will listen to you, he will bless you and your parents both......it may take a while, for after something like this, it takes a while to get back on your feet, but he will come through like he always does. Before jesus came to the earth, there for 400 years of silence right before he was born.....There was 400 years between the last time God spoke to the people through a prophet and then through Jesus. But he came through, he always does....and it won't take 400 years (I promise) to make your parents happy again, but the time will come and you may not realize it....but when you do, praise him most joyously....take heart dear brother through this all....the Lord has not forsaken you, he is very near to you. With love, Lauren

Upvote 0
T

tannie89

Hey =)
Thank you for the prayers and replies, they really meant alot to me, and made me smile =)
I know things will be ok in the end.. because the lord is always with us!
Whatever happens, i know he'll always be there for me. There will be alotta hurt i know, but it's all part of life and i want to experience it all. I just pray that my parents are strong enough to get through this, and that someday my mum will be able to stand up on her own.
Thank you guys!!! your all champions!
God bless

Marcus

Upvote 0