Divorce bad for the environment, researchers say

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟230,352.00
Faith
Christian
Soaring divorce rates around the globe are taking a toll on the environment, American researchers suggested in a study released Monday.

Michigan State University researcher Jianguo "Jack" Liu and his assistant Eunice Yu said the increasing number of divorces leads to more households with fewer people and greater consumption of water and energy. They said housing units require space, construction materials and fuel to heat and cool, regardless of the number of inhabitants.

So don't just stay together for the kids - do it for the planet.

Meanwhile, I'll put up some reputation for grabs for anyone who finds an article linking global warming to Starcraft. It's about the only link I haven't read about yet.

simplicity

incredibly ordinary member
Jun 29, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
✟3,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
That's an interesting take on the discussion. It's actually pretty good outside-the-box thinking.

For instance, if we all ate more raw foods - argh, I guess only fruits and vegetables - we can reduce our power consumption dramatically. The amount of power needed to boil a pot of water for cooking or even making coffee is huge compared to the power to keep all the lights on in the house. Lighting uses very little power compared to cooking. I guess being married and having kids stay home longer can introduce lots of efficiencies.

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
That's an interesting take on the discussion. It's actually pretty good outside-the-box thinking.

For instance, if we all ate more raw foods - argh, I guess only fruits and vegetables - we can reduce our power consumption dramatically. The amount of power needed to boil a pot of water for cooking or even making coffee is huge compared to the power to keep all the lights on in the house. Lighting uses very little power compared to cooking. I guess being married and having kids stay home longer can introduce lots of efficiencies.
Okay. I'm not drinking cold coffee!

Upvote 0