Toronto/NY
✟93,218.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I am tired of seeing Believers be divided over small doctrinal differences, music, etc.

Main Points of Christianity
Are these not the main points of Christianity?
1) Man is born a sinner seperated by God from their sins
2) Triune God, became flesh/man to reconcile mankind with God once again, restore fellowship that was lost in the garden
3) Salvation is a free gift/Grace through Faith, which must produce fruit, evidence of the new creation - Edited Thanks Thursday
4) Christ was resurrected and is alive in heaven, and gives eternal life to those who believe, accept and trust in Him.
5) Holy Spirit is given to the believer to allow him to bear fruit and become conformed to the image of Christ

The Gospel
download.jpg

Look what Christ/Apostle Paul said:
1) Mark 9: 38-41 - 38 John said to him, “Teacher, we saw someone casting out demons in your name,[f] and we tried to stop him, because he was not following us.” 39 But Jesus said, “Do not stop him, for no one who does a mighty work in my name will be able soon afterward to speak evil of me. 40 For the one who is not against us is for us. 41 For truly, I say to you, whoever gives you a cup of water to drink because you belong to Christ will by no means lose his reward.

2) Luke 9:49-50 - 49 John answered, “Master, we saw someone casting out demons in your name, and we tried to stop him, because he does not follow with us.” 50 But Jesus said to him, “Do not stop him, for the one who is not against you is for you.”

3)But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse! Galatians 1:8

But small differences such as: Arminianists, Calvinists, Pentacostals with spiritual gifts, they are not preaching another gospel.

The Pope, Joel Osteen, and the like - they are preaching another gospel message. By saying anyone even Muslims can go to heaven.

But If God called someone clean, who are we to call them unclean?
If someone is preaching another Gospel he should be accursed! But if he or she is not, they are still brothers and sisters in Christ, with the same spirit that you received!

Last edited:

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am tired of seeing Believers be divided over small doctrinal differences, music, etc.

2) Triune God, became flesh/man to reconcile mankind with God once again, restore fellowship that was lost in the garden
3) Salvation is a free gift/Grace through Faith, in Christ alone
4) Christ was resurrected and is alive in heaven, and gives eternal life to those who believe, accept and trust in Him.
5) Holy Spirit is given to the believer to allow him to bear fruit and become conformed to the image of Christ

The Gospel
View attachment 172159

1) Mark 9: 38-41 - 38 John said to him, “Teacher, we saw someone casting out demons in your name,[f] and we tried to stop him, because he was not following us.” 39 But Jesus said, “Do not stop him, for no one who does a mighty work in my name will be able soon afterward to speak evil of me. 40 For the one who is not against us is for us. 41 For truly, I say to you, whoever gives you a cup of water to drink because you belong to Christ will by no means lose his reward.

2) Luke 9:49-50 - 49 John answered, “Master, we saw someone casting out demons in your name, and we tried to stop him, because he does not follow with us.” 50 But Jesus said to him, “Do not stop him, for the one who is not against you is for you.”

3)But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse! Galatians 1:8

But small differences such as: Arminianists, Calvinists, Pentacostals with spiritual gifts, they are not preaching another gospel.

The Pope, Joel Osteen, and the like - they are preaching another gospel message. By saying anyone even Muslims can go to heaven.

If someone is preaching another Gospel he should be accursed! But if he or she is not, they are still brothers and sisters in Christ, with the same spirit that you received!

I agree with all but number three. You have left out an important component of salvation, which is our cooperation with grace in transforming our lives.

Faith alone is not sufficient.

James 2:24
You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.

Romans 2
6God will repay each person according to what they have done. 7To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.

Gal 6
7Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

John 15:10
10If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,534.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I agree with all but number three. You have left out an important component of salvation, which is our cooperation with grace in transforming our lives.

Faith alone is not sufficient.

James 2:24
You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.

Romans 2
6God will repay each person according to what they have done. 7To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.

Gal 6
7Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

John 15:10
10If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.
You are not allowed to promote your false doctrines and unbiblical beliefs in this forum.

Reactions: PrettyboyAndy
Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,534.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

3) Salvation is a free gift/Grace through Faith, which must produce fruit, evidence of the new creation - Edited Thanks Thursday

The Gospel
View attachment 172159

What separates those who are preaching another gospel and those preaching the truth is that the Gospel is according to the Scriptures as Paul laid out very clearly in 1
Cor. 15:1-4.

(1Co 15:1) Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

(1Co 15:2) By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

(1Co 15:3) For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

(1Co 15:4) And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

The gospel according to the imaginations of men that preach a pygmy god and a figment of men's imaginations is no Gospel. It is the sinful imaginations of men which divides those who are called Christians.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,534.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Is it what he said in the post or the fact that he is a catholic?
Both actually. His being a Roman Catholic is plain to see in his icon and his promoting his Roman Catholic views is contrary to the rules of this forum. It would be like me going into the RC forum and telling them that they must all become Baptists.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,534.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I disagree with your premise, but I'll stop posting here if it bothers you.
You can post fellowship posts all you want but you are not allowed by the rules to promote your theology or church in the Baptist forum. We are Baptists not Catholics.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You can post fellowship posts all you want but you are not allowed by the rules to promote your theology or church in the Baptist forum. We are Baptists not Catholics.

OK, but this thread does not support the Baptist position. I didn't know which forum I was in when I started posting, I just saw the heading.

I'll just bow out.

Best Regards

Reactions: Lance & Rite
Upvote 0

Lance & Rite

Jan 28, 2016
California
✟15,379.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
The original meaning of the word "catholic" is actually "a diversity of beliefs" and not "a place physically located in Rome that has been developing specific beliefs for over a thousand years."

This is not to say that I have a problem with Catholics, I agree with them far more often than I disagree, but catholic and Catholic aren't the same thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lance & Rite

Jan 28, 2016
California
✟15,379.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
There are 5 denominations of Islam
There are 5 denominations of Judaism
There are over 20,000 denominations of Christianity.
There's actually way more than 5 denominations of Islam, sometimes down to each tribe will have its own variations. Although many of the variants will pledge allegiance to a larger entity. To a certain degree that's just the nature of religion, there are probably more than 5 denominations of Judaism as well although it's a much smaller religion.

Upvote 0

Dan61861

7 days without God, makes one weak.
Jul 21, 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
✟102,026.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What separates those who are preaching another gospel and those preaching the truth is that the Gospel is according to the Scriptures as Paul laid out very clearly in 1
Cor. 15:1-4.

(1Co 15:1) Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

(1Co 15:2) By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

(1Co 15:3) For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

(1Co 15:4) And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

The gospel according to the imaginations of men that preach a pygmy god and a figment of men's imaginations is no Gospel. It is the sinful imaginations of men which divides those who are called Christians.

This is the Gospel. It is very simple, so simple it is hard to understand.

In Christ
Daniel

Reactions: PrettyboyAndy
Upvote 0

Tigger45

Romans 12:2…be transformed…
Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,264,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Personally I'm in St. Augustine's camp.
"In essentials unity, in non-essentials liberty,
in all things charity."

I see the apostles squabbling and so too the church throughout it's history.
It's part of our human condition. It's how we treat each other concerning those non-essentials that makes all the difference.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The original meaning of the word "catholic" is actually "a diversity of beliefs" and not "a place physically located in Rome that has been developing specific beliefs for over a thousand years."

This is not to say that I have a problem with Catholics, I agree with them far more often than I disagree, but catholic and Catholic aren't the same thing.

I believe you are wrong.

"katholikos" (from wince we get "catholic") is not found anywhere in scripture. In fact, the only place it is found is in the titles of the "general" Epistles.

"katholikos" -"general, universal".

The New Analytical Greek Lexicon, Wesley J. Perschbacher, Hendricson Publishers, Copyright 1990, Peabody. Mass., 01961-3473, p.215

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

The Gospel
View attachment 172159

I disagree with 2). It was not the Triune God who became flesh. It was God the Son who became flesh (see Phil 2:5-8 NIV).

Oz

Upvote 0