United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Willtor said:
Wild and anachronistic. oldwiseguy, the notion of a businessman is a pretty recent idea.

Really?

Proverbs 22:29
Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.

It is my wild speculation that he will someday be referred to as........Drumrollllllllllllllllll.....A BUSINESSMAN!

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Willtor said:
Yes you did. Otherwise, you couldn't have put the Christian icon next to your username.

Well then, I guess I did. It didn't include evolution did it?

How about the other part? About God's angry nature. Shall we get into that?

Upvote 0

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
oldwiseguy said:
Well then, I guess I did. It didn't include evolution did it?

No.

oldwiseguy said:
How about the other part? About God's angry nature. Shall we get into that?

That's not really a topic for this forum.

Upvote 0

humbledbyhim

Oct 27, 2005
Baltimore, Maryland
✟932.00
Faith
Christian
-Mercury- said:
So when you read these verses...

"But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust." (Matthew 5:44-45, ESV)

...you just see that as just referring to God's agency in unnatural movements of the sun or unnatural weather patterns? To me, that passage seems to be saying that whenever the sun rises and rain falls, it is because of God.

Maybe the confusion is over the phrase "divine intervention". Do you think God needs to intervene in order to act? If so, who or what is responsible for sustaining nature and what naturally happens?

Isn't it funny how people bash ultra-literal interpretations until they support their arguments... The reason that God makes (or is responsible for) the rain fall(ing) on the just and the unjust is because he created the natural process and can stop it and start it at will. The reason is not because he daily says, "Rain, fall in Baltimore city between Orleans Street and Bond Street for 20.6789 minutes," and then speaks instructions for every other location.

Upvote 0

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
Mallon said:
I recently read an excellent book entitled "Paradigms on Pilgrimage" (it's a critical look at the creationist perspective, written by both a palaeontologist and a pastor). One of the chapters in the book raises the issue of 'divine rain vs. meteorological precipitation.' The authors essentially question why there is no creationist movement working against modern meteorology, as it has come to explain the phenomenon of rain without an appeal to God (e.g. related to adiabatic, orographic, pressure effects, etc.). According to the Bible, however, rain is clearly brought forth only by God's doing (e.g. Gen 2:5; Lev 26:4; Deut 28:12; 1 Sam 12:18; Matt 5:45; etc.). I'm interested in knowing from the Creationists here if and why they have come to accept the scientific interpretation of rain, but not the scientific interpretation as to the diversity of life on earth. Why the double-standard?

ummm this one is a rather simple article of faith...

Remember in hte New Testament when Y'shua said "Peace, Be Still" and the rain wind and seas went still???

same principle dude ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.