Divine Liturgies

D+C

Apr 19, 2011
✟8,080.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Glory to God indeed! Not sure I've ever felt this way, suspect this is what is meant by "spirit filled". Behind the stresses of every day life I have a sense of calm and comfort, even moments I can only describe as joyful.

Interesting thing is that this was not my first orthodox experience, a couple of years ago I went to two services at a different church and was left feeling frankly confused and a little disheartened. Not sure what was so different this time.

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,094.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Probably the different Community - it can make a HUGE difference.

I attend 2 parishes , my home Parish is very Ukrainian - we will only use Ukrainian despite the fact that of the congregation only 3 actually speak it ! Most of them 'parrot' the Liturgy , numbers are dwindling , we have no young people. There's no sense of Community at all.

The other Parish - I have to fly to it , it's a young community , with about 40 children , and lots of babies on the way. A lovely welcoming community who put up with my efforts in reading Ukrainian , who let me sing with their little group of singers and who greet me in true Slavic fashion whenever I go.

2 parishes of the same Church but totally different - guess which I prefer ?

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,465,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Glory to God indeed! Not sure I've ever felt this way, suspect this is what is meant by "spirit filled". Behind the stresses of every day life I have a sense of calm and comfort, even moments I can only describe as joyful.

awesome!

Upvote 0