Disease, infertility, and discouragement. Need prayer.

Medeva

May 5, 2009
✟15,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello all,
I'm a recently married 42 y/o woman. I was diagnosed with a benign tumor of the uterus that has caused me to not feel "normal" for a long time. I also underwent an in vitro fertilization treatment with very poor results. My first year of marriage has thus been a long sequence of doctor appointments, tests, medications, and just feeling old, sick and defeated. I feel on the verge of depression and have no family or friends other than my husband. My faith is also suffering. I started this journey full of hope and sure that God's will for me is to be healthy and have a family, but after so many setbacks, I'm fearful and anxious. I know giving in to fear is the worst I can do, but I don't know how to stop this downward spiral right now.

I just need prayer and a word of encouragement.

Thank you for reading this.

Winter

Jesus, let it be ok
Jan 18, 2009
New England
✟25,253.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Dear Medeva, I am praying for you.

Years ago I tried having a family at a later age. I can understand how frustrating and disappointing it can be. After a year of trying and crying, I let it go. I placed it all in the Lord's hands. I trusted that no matter what the outcome, I would be at peace with it. I stopped worrying about it. I let it go. I knew that the Lord would do what He thinks best. I stopped thinking, I stopped worrying. And about a few months later, without much thought or anticipation, I learned I was expecting. And so my advice to you is, when you're ready, place it all in His hands. Have faith that He will do what He thinks best. As humans we want to control everything and sometimes our controlling interferes with what He needs to do. We need to step back and let the Lord do what He needs to do. Things happen when we least expect them to. Don't give up on hope. There is always hope.

Reactions: Medeva
Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heavenly Father, when we run out of earthly options we know that You are waiting for us to come to You. All things are possible unto You if we believe. I ask that You will intercede for this woman who is feeling discouraged and defeated. Restore her hope and faith in You and let her believe Your Words and pray and not give up until a satisfactory answer comes for her. Bless her heart, bless her womb according to thy Will, may it be so, thank You Father God, In Jesus Name, Amen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums