ElxDalto

Aug 4, 2016
Texas
✟8,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
This has always fascinated me, dinosaurs that is. Many christians have told me satan put those (fossils) there to confuse us. I disagree, I believe satan is only at fault for the doubt of the timeline and of the divine existence of the Lord in general. I also believe the Dino's walked among us and must've been one awesome sight to see.

The global flood, many skeptics say to me "Where did the waters go?" and "Why did God kill all humanity except Noah's family?" and "That can't be what caused all the millions of years of erosion and what created the strata layers." I myself believe there is scientific evidence that supports the global flood, but the scientific community doesn't even consider this evidence at all. Why is that I ask, isn't this a big hypocritical mess? Why is the Theory of Evolution assumed as fact (when its just not, it may have supporting evidence, but that doesn't make it fact) and taught in our school system polluting our youth into thinking in one direction?

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
This has always fascinated me, dinosaurs that is. Many christians have told me satan put those (fossils) there to confuse us. I disagree, I believe satan is only at fault for the doubt of the timeline and of the divine existence of the Lord in general. I also believe the Dino's walked among us and must've been one awesome sight to see.

The global flood, many skeptics say to me "Where did the waters go?" and "Why did God kill all humanity except Noah's family?" and "That can't be what caused all the millions of years of erosion and what created the strata layers." I myself believe there is scientific evidence that supports the global flood, but the scientific community doesn't even consider this evidence at all. Why is that I ask, isn't this a big hypocritical mess? Why is the Theory of Evolution assumed as fact (when its just not, it may have supporting evidence, but that doesn't make it fact) and taught in our school system polluting our youth into thinking in one direction?
Another question you should ask yourself is, why are people telling you that the theory of evolution (which has nothing to do with theories about the age of the Earth, btw) is assumed by the scientific community to be a fact? Scientific theories are ever "assumed as fact."

Upvote 0

ElxDalto

Aug 4, 2016
Texas
✟8,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Another question you should ask yourself is, why are people telling you that the theory of evolution (which has nothing to do with theories about the age of the Earth, btw) is assumed by the scientific community to be a fact? Scientific theories are ever "assumed as fact."

If it wasn't then they would teach the possibility of intelligent design in high school as well. They try and mold these students into "easy to manipulate" citizens instead of free thinkers.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I don't know. When I stood about 250 feet across from an evident sub-section of the geologic column in Niagra Falls, the relevance of the theory of evolution sure looked plausible.

gorgerocklayers1.jpg

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
If it wasn't then they would teach the possibility of intelligent design in high school as well. They try and mold these students into "easy to manipulate" citizens instead of free thinkers.
If what you mean by "intelligent design" is the general notion that God is the author of the universe and all it contains, then no, it is not excluded.
If what you mean by "intelligent design" is the specific proposal--called by that same name--of Michael Behe and William Dembski sponsored by the Discovery Institute, then it is rightly excluded because it does not meet the epistemological standards of science.

Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Both the theory of evolution and the big bang theory are very well evidenced and in fact are among the best evidenced theories in all of science. The curriculum in science education is required to be evidence based. The courts have already determined that "intelligent design" does not meet that minimum requirement. Theories cannot and should not be taught as "proven' because theories have in the past been modified or even rejected on the basis of new evidence. Few have ever heard of "Darwin's theory of genetics" because it was quickly rejected on the basis of evidence.

Man did not walk with the dinosaurs but ancient peoples very well might have been aware of giant unknown creatures based on fossil finds.

Reactions: SnowyMacie
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't know. When I stood about 250 feet across from an evident sub-section of the geologic column in Niagra Falls, the relevance of the theory of evolution sure looked plausible.

gorgerocklayers1.jpg

The Niagara Gorge is awesome --- the earth trembles! All the water that goes over the falls has to pass through the narrow gorge in your photo. It is about 100m wide.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Niagara Gorge is awesome --- the earth trembles! All the water that goes over the falls has to pass through the narrow gorge in your photo. It is about 100m wide.

I'm sure it's wider than I estimated. When I was there, and being caught up in the awesomeness of the moment, I found it difficult to focus on all of the likely measurements. Thanks for the correction, Jack!! :)

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm sure it's wider than I estimated. When I was there, and being caught up in the awesomeness of the moment, I found it difficult to focus on all of the likely measurements. Thanks for the correction, Jack!! :)

I wasn't correcting --- 100m and 250 ft are not that far apart and I am a poor judge of distance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The only thing in the Bible that is not factual in our (perception of) reality is the flat earth model.
This is my conclusion after investigating the evidence and cases made for it and the failure of naturalistic theses.
The Genealogy in Genesis 10 is proven to be accurate, even the Ark on Ararat is supported by extra-Biblical evidence.

Judging by Genesis 6 and the reasons for God to only save 8 people plus his personal selection of animals in a huge barge, it could well be that rebellious 'sons of God' (beney elohim) didn't just bring forth giant (hybrid) humans, but also the giant lizards / reptilians we call dinosaurs nowadays (formerly known as dragons).
But that's only acceptable when you don't have the pseudo rationalistic demythologized view on Genesis (and the lotof the Bible for that matter).

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Then it can't be too old, or it would have worn out / away.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, I appreciate it anyway. ;)

An interesting historical sidelight. At the beginning of the US Civil War the Union purchased a little steamboat called "The Maid of the Mist". It was actually run through the gorge past the whirlpool into Lake Ontario.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Then it can't be too old, or it would have worn out / away.

It has only had time to cut through about 250 ft of rock and create a canyon several miles long. Most of that was done in the early years (about 10,000 years ago) by the melt waters of the last ice age.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
An interesting historical sidelight. At the beginning of the US Civil War the Union purchased a little steamboat called "The Maid of the Mist". It was actually run through the gorge past the whirlpool into Lake Ontario.

So, I guess that's where they took the name for their little, misty boat excursion. Interesting trivia bit, Jack! ;)

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It has only had time to cut through about 250 ft of rock and create a canyon several miles long. Most of that was done in the early years (about 10,000 years ago) by the melt waters of the last ice age.
I don't subscribe to naturalistic gradualism.
Too many problems in those models i.m.h.o.

Reactions: Luke17:37
Upvote 0