"Difficult"

Karen22

Aug 15, 2014
✟7,619.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Latley, I have been doing some studying and have read carefully a verse that makes my stomach drop. Ofcourse it happens to mean what Jesus says to where every Christian claiming the name of Christ should definetley examine their walk seriously, and fearfully. And not just depend on a church building, or their pastors, or any other Christian. This verse, Matthew 7:13-14King James Version (KJV)

13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Now, Jesus made a lot of refrences towards how 'difficult' it is to enter the Kingdom of God. And the more I read, the more it seems just too dificult, the more I fear in my heart if I could be the few. Or not… I have walked this Christian life, with joy and have forsaken everything for Jesus because I wanted to, I have been born again, I have been brought out of a false church. I have been running the race. Times of valleys, and joy. But for the most part, have not expirienced a difficulty walk with Christ but only joy and relationship.

But, I don't understand how narrower this walk with Christ can get at this point in my life. It has maken me sick physically. And I fear if I am even on the right path or not. I have prayed and weeped. Truthfully, The narrow way with Jesus Christ has got to be so difficult as he explains that, it would mean every Christian church, and Christian denminations are all on the broad way to eternal ruin. As I have read that it is not a comfortable walk and it has honestly made me sick to a point of fear, and distress. I need prayer from any Christian who loves Jesus, and encouragment. And as well, your input about what I have just been disscusing about.
God Bless*

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Latley, I have been doing some studying and have read carefully a verse that makes my stomach drop. Ofcourse it happens to mean what Jesus says to where every Christian claiming the name of Christ should definetley examine their walk seriously, and fearfully. And not just depend on a church building, or their pastors, or any other Christian. This verse, Matthew 7:13-14King James Version (KJV)

13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Now, Jesus made a lot of refrences towards how 'difficult' it is to enter the Kingdom of God. And the more I read, the more it seems just too dificult, the more I fear in my heart if I could be the few. Or not… I have walked this Christian life, with joy and have forsaken everything for Jesus because I wanted to, I have been born again, I have been brought out of a false church. I have been running the race. Times of valleys, and joy. But for the most part, have not expirienced a difficulty walk with Christ but only joy and relationship.

But, I don't understand how narrower this walk with Christ can get at this point in my life. It has maken me sick physically. And I fear if I am even on the right path or not. I have prayed and weeped. Truthfully, The narrow way with Jesus Christ has got to be so difficult as he explains that, it would mean every Christian church, and Christian denminations are all on the broad way to eternal ruin. As I have read that it is not a comfortable walk and it has honestly made me sick to a point of fear, and distress. I need prayer from any Christian who loves Jesus, and encouragment. And as well, your input about what I have just been disscusing about.
God Bless*

"let go" and "let God" (work and operate through you) in real true 100% agape love is (and if you don't know what that is spend you life trying to define it and search and seek it out)...

Perhaps you could tell me what is making it soo difficult for you (what your having so much trouble with) specifically and I could maybe offer some help, if God will's it....

God Bless!

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God Bless*

Sister, I will pray for you.

When Jesus says few, this is a relative term:

Revelation 7:9 After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands,
Revelation 7:10 and crying out with a loud voice, "Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!"

In proportion to how many human beings have lived, the number may be few, but it is still a great number; more than could be numbered by anyone in Heaven. There are seven billion people who live on this planet, much, much more than at the time of Jesus; it's hard to know what a few would be at this time. Over 2 billion people claim the name of Christ, how many of those are truly saved I don't know. Most people seem to think around 15 to 20 percent.

Personally, I think if you're concerned about this, that in itself is evidence you don't need to worry. Don't let Satan impart a spirit of fear into you; if you are born again and have the Spirit of God living in you, you are saved:

Galatians 4:6 And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!"

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Rely on Jesus to keep you in the faith, not your own strength. He is faithful:

Hebrews 13:5 Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think you may be missing the fact that it was never said "the way is difficult". In fact, just the opposite... "My yoke is easy, and my burden, light". "Enter into His rest". "He maketh me to lie down in green pastures"....... and you know you could keep this list going for a page and a half, if you tried.

Rules are easy to find, and every church grinds them out by the hundreds.

But going to just one single man, and giving Him total trust, however, kind of limits the choices. And that is all it does. It just makes your choices, few... not hard.

Your choices, actually, are only ONE. Yep, pretty narrow when compared to all the many ways a thousand different churches tell us to earn our way to salvation.

Where are you getting ahold of all these "restrictions" that you think are making the road narrower and narrower? I don't even know you, and I can tell you where..... from church organizations and the "religious" people telling you all the things a "Christian" is supposed to do.

You know what Jesus said? Simply, "COME." All that other stuff is not from Him.

Upvote 0

walkinginthelightnow

Jan 10, 2014
✟15,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God Bless*

Well, the bible clearly states to work out your own salvation with fear (phobos: panic flight, fear, the causing of fear, terror φόβος, ου, ὁ) and trembling (a trembling, quaking, fear τρόμος, ου, ὁ).

There comes a time in your walk when you must recognize how TERRIBLY GRAND this God (Jehovah) truely is. Remember...Moses wasn't even allowed to cross over into the promise land. He died right there on the mountain only being able to look upon it because he angered God. Remember, Moses, Daniel and Job are God's top 3 from the perspective of the Old Testament.

It's a rough road, guaranteed. Not to mention the demonic activity that is operating behind the scenes not perceptible to the naked human eye. That's where spiritual war comes in, which is not fought with literal weapons of war, like our schemes, anger or will power. It must be done by and through the Word of God. That is what is able to bring down the principalities and powers.

Don't make any blanket statements about other denominations. Don't Judge. There is some light in all circles of faith and it's best to leave that sort of judgment up to God. We know which way to go because the Holy Spirit will lead and guide us into all truth.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Karen, don't confuse good works with grace. The grace of God is to all who receive His beloved Son --the Lord Jesus, and then we can try to do all that is shown for faithfulness. When we fail we can confess that to Him and go forward assured of His love. Be sure Jesus is your personal Savior and lord of your life; then you can be at peace in your walk with the Savior. Write me anytime if you wish.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Karen, welcome to the forums.

I understand your concern and think that Matt 7 should prompt us to examine our walk with Yahweh.

When we look at a Scripture, we have to look at the context and consider other Scriptures as well. An illustration is sometimes folks will say we have to sell everything based on "Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me." MATT 19:21 But when we consider all the Scriptures about money, we find Scriptures such as "A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children." Prov 13:22. Well, it's going to be very difficult to sell everything and yet give to our children's children.

So on closer examination of Matt 19:21, we see that this rich young man had made his stuff his idols. v23-24, doesn't say being rich keeps folks out of the kingdom of heaven. From the rich young man's encounter with Yeshua, the lesson is we have to be submitted to Him. It was about the rich young man's heart - as it is with ours.

When we look at the entire chapter (Matt 7), it means to not just go through the motions but to make sure our hearts are right with Him, to love Yahweh and love others as ourselves.

We can depend on Him and His Word such as "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." I John 1:9 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Rom 10:13

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Omena

Brother
Oct 17, 2012
Holetown
✟15,863.00
Faith
Christian
My feeling is that we really are given "amazing grace" through Jesus' death on the cross, so I don't think we should ever feel condemned about not being perfect. However, I believe that grace only covers us if we TRY to follow Jesus' teachings sincerely. A lot of people don't bother to follow his commandments on the basis that he died for us, and while there is some truth in this line of thinking, it's doesn't negate the fact that Jesus told us to follow his teachings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums