The Carpathian Garden
✟15,670.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hello there guys. I have to ask this because I have never been in an Orthodox church that wasn't Romanian so I can't really talk about it. What I don't like about our church is that is not quite catholic as we say, don't understand me wrong, it is the "One Holy, Catholic and Apostolic" Church of Christ, but in matter of churches it is not, because as I have seen in America there are Greek Orthodox Churches, Russian Orthodox Churches, Serbian Orthodox Churches... What's the difference? Does our Orthodoxy differ from one country to another?

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Agreed. I've attended as many different kinds of Orthodox Churches as I've been able to find when traveling.

Some have pews, some don't. The singing sounds different from one to another, but the words are the same. Different languages may be heard. Those are the major things with the Church itself.

There are some differences in expressions of piety, but since there are usually visitors or parishioners who once attended a different jurisdiction, I often see the variety within every Church. Some do more prostrations, or do them differently. Some women don't typically wear head coverings. Some do deeper or more metanoias.

And some do confession more often than others.

That's the main things I have noticed, and I've been to a fair variety, considering my short time. Some cities have several jurisdictions though, and I try to attend them all. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So there is really no other difference than the lenguage and the name of the church? I, as Romanian, can perfectly go to a Greek Orthodox church or so?

yep, I have been to Antiochian, Russian, Romanian, ROCOR, Ukrainian, Greek, etc parishes and monasteries. all the same faith.

Upvote 0