Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just got a new catalog from EWTN~there were some text books advertised from what's called the "Didache Series"~they were pricey but sounded interesting, especially the "Understanding the Scriptures" one by Hahn (apparently there are 4 books in the series).

Anyone familiar with these~~seem to be new? Not many on sale used at Amazon.

:wave:

JoabAnias

Steward of proportionality- I Cor 13:1, 1 Tim 3:15
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not that particular series but am familiar with the Didache (<found there) of the 12 apostles written in the first century and that the word Didache itself means "teaching". If its by Dr. Hahn it should be great. This is his site: http://www.salvationhistory.com/

Upvote 0

anawim

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2004
NY suburbs
Visit site
✟19,965.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Republican
I just got a new catalog from EWTN~there were some text books advertised from what's called the "Didache Series"~they were pricey but sounded interesting, especially the "Understanding the Scriptures" one by Hahn (apparently there are 4 books in the series).

They are intended as textbooks for high school students. They could also be used with some middle school students since the reading level does not seem to be too difficult.

Personally, I think the average Catholic on this board is way beyond the information that they contain. Good for an evangelistic tool, but at those prices there are plenty of other alternatives.

If you've have teens and/or preteens, go ahead and buy them.

Upvote 0

AdJesumPerMariam

To Jesus through Mary
Jan 26, 2004
At Home
Visit site
✟51,621.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I've got the one by Scott Hahn...Understanding the Scriptures

They are intended as textbooks for high school students. They could also be used with some middle school students since the reading level does not seem to be too difficult.

Personally, I think the average Catholic on this board is way beyond the information that they contain. Good for an evangelistic tool, but at those prices there are plenty of other alternatives.

If you've have teens and/or preteens, go ahead and buy them.

This I agree with. In fact, now that I think about it, my daughter bought this for her kids for home school, and her mom forgot to give it back :doh: I borrowed it to look at.

*must remember to give it back when she visits in November

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.