Did Jesus worship God after Going to Heaven?

VanillaSunflowers

Black Lives Don't Matter More Than Any Other Life
Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Does that mean that God has a God?
Or does it mean that Jesus isn't God?

How do I fix the Oped typo?
Jesus was-is God.

If you go to your first post and click edit you should see a box near the subject line that lets you edit that thread title.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No, the Son has a Father.No, Jesus is a person of YHWH Elohim.
Here is Jesus speaking after he was resurrected and back in heaven:

Rev 3: 12
The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name.

Four times he tells us that he has a God!

But even before that he had called the Father his God.

John 20: 17
Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

Last edited:
Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

Chriliman

Everything I need to be joyful is right here
May 22, 2015
✟163,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Does that mean that God has a God?
Or does it mean that Jesus isn't God?

How do I fix the Oped typo?

Jesus is God in the same way your word and actions represent who you are.

We understand who God is through Jesus. Similarly, we understand who you are through your word and actions.

So without God the Father, Jesus the man doesn't exist, but before Jesus the man existed, God the Father existed. Therefore, God the Father is greater than Jesus the man because he comes from the Father.

You are greater that your word and actions because they come from you, but you are still one being that speaks and acts a certain way. Similarly, the Father and Son are One and the Son represents who the Father is, in ways we mere humans can understand.

Does that help?

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus and the Father have different roles by choice. Jesus showed us how to live, including worshiping the Father. Did Jesus' relationship with the Father then change between the time he ascended and the time he arrived?

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Jesus is God in the same way your word and actions represent who you are.

We understand who God is through Jesus. Similarly, we understand who you are through your word and actions.

So without God the Father, Jesus the man doesn't exist, but before Jesus the man existed, God the Father existed. Therefore, God the Father is greater than Jesus the man because he comes from the Father.

You are greater that your word and actions because they come from you, but you are still one being that speaks and acts a certain way. Similarly, the Father and Son are One and the Son represents who the Father is, in ways we mere humans can understand.

Does that help?

From a non Trinitarian standpoint yes. From a Trinitarian standpoint which requires that
Father and Son and holy spirit be co-eternal no. So what you are describing isn't what they teach. Are you a non-Trinitarian Christian?

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Jesus and the Father have different roles by choice. Jesus showed us how to live, including worshiping the Father. Did Jesus' relationship with the Father then change between the time he ascended and the time he arrived?
Well. if he calls the Father his God in heaven after he is resurrected then that means that the Father was always his God.
Now, if Jesus is fully God, then that means that Jesus, who is God has a God.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God is often used to refer to the Father in Scripture. It is correct to say Jesus has a heavenly Father, but misleading to say he has a God.

Additionally, since Jesus continues to intercede for us, that means he is continuing his role. He's wouldn't have to intercede with himself (Hebrews 7:25). His role as our High Priest also continues (Hebrews 3:1), although he presumably has no more high priestly duties to carry out for us (Hebrews 10:12).

Reactions: Chriliman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
God is often used to refer to the Father in Scripture. It is correct to say Jesus has a heavenly Father, but misleading to say he has a God.

Additionally, since Jesus continues to intercede for us, that means he is continuing his role. He's wouldn't have to intercede with himself (Hebrews 7:25). His role as our High Priest also continues (Hebrews 3:1), although he presumably has no more high priestly duties to carry out for us (Hebrews 10:12).
So Jesus is trying to mislead us when he tells us he has a God?

Upvote 0

Chriliman

Everything I need to be joyful is right here
May 22, 2015
✟163,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
From a non Trinitarian standpoint yes. From a Trinitarian standpoint which requires that
Father and Son and holy spirit be co-eternal no. So what you are describing isn't what they teach. Are you a non-Trinitarian Christian?

The trinity as I understand it is true in that the truth of the Son and Holy Spirit have always been known by God in His eternal being, His mind if you will. However, God had to create in order to convey these truths to us and He has done this throughout creation and His material/fleshy Son, Jesus Christ the man.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I understand that when Jesus says He is going to His God, He means to the Heavenly Father. Did Jesus worship His Father? I would say, yes, in various ways.

He clearly makes a distinction between the terms Father and God. He tells us that he is returning to his Father and our Father and to our God and his God.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No, you are attempting to explain Jesus' use of God in a way that is misleading.
The scripture is self explanatory. Perhaps your difficulty stems from having a preconception of what the scripture SHOULD mean.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The trinity as I understand it is true in that the truth of the Son and Holy Spirit have always been known by God in His eternal being, His mind if you will. However, God had to create in order to convey these truths to us and He has done this throughout creation and His physical Son, Jesus Christ the man.

So you deny that Jesus had a prehumen existence prior to his birth to a woman on Earth?

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The trinity as I understand it is true in that the truth of the Son and Holy Spirit have always been known by God in His eternal being, His mind if you will. However, God had to create in order to convey these truths to us and He has done this throughout creation and His physical Son, Jesus Christ the man.
So does God have a God? This isn't a trick question nor an attempt at imposing my own ideas. It is simply a question that is based on Jesus' own admission that he has a God. If indeed he admits that he has a God, what can possibly justifiy our trying to say that he doesn't?

Last edited:
Upvote 0