1. New: Christian Forums Staff Recruit Video.- It's that time of year again. We are having our annual Staff Recruit Drive. Simply ask any staffer to help you apply and enjoy the video...
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus wear a prayer shawl (tallit)?

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by baraqemet, Feb 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. torahgrandma

torahgrandma New Member

Faith:
    Christian
    I am going to choose to take the high road Contra. You can wander in the desert if you like.

2. torahgrandma

torahgrandma New Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Are you gonna lower yourself to try and cyber bully a grannie now? Oy :)

I am probably old enough to be your bubbe. Would you talk to her like that?

3. ContraMundum

ContraMundum Messianic Jewish Christian Supporter

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    Not trying to bully.....think about it.

Anyway, enough.

I don't think she'd be as provocative as you.

4. torahgrandma

torahgrandma New Member

Faith:
    Christian
    It okay Contra, I sill love ya :) I also enjoy your zealousness. ;)

5. torahgrandma

torahgrandma New Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Forty five pages....my look at the time!

6. torahgrandma

torahgrandma New Member

Faith:
    Christian
    A quick perusal of the internet will turn up tons of Hebrew roots/Messianic people teaching that Jesus wore a tallit. Here are a few:

http://www.jcstudies.com/touchinghemgarment.html

http://www.shofars.org/tallit.htm

http://www.messianic.com/talit/chapter2.htm

http://www.messianic.com/talit/chapter5.htm

http://www.messianic.com/talit/chapter7.htm

http://www.messianic.com/talit/chapter10.htm

There are scads more if you would like them Mrs Wags. Some are more ridiculous than others. I am sure you can probably also find something on the FFOZ website.

:eek:

7. LadyGarnetRose

LadyGarnetRose Frum Reconstructionist (pm me for details)

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Judaism

Wrong. Very Very Wrong. That is not what I'm saying at all.

BASHING, HUMILIATING, AND TELLING US WE ARE OF THE DEVIL HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE IS ANTISEMITIC. Because that is the basic gist of all the rhetoric being blasted about.

Want to hate Jews. Want to be antisemitic? Want to be a racist, that's fine...

Genesis 12:1 Now the LORD had said to Abram: "Get out of your country, From your family And from your father's house, To a land that I will show you. 2 I will make you a great nation; I will bless you And make your name great; And you shall be a blessing. 3 I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed."

Amen!

I'm going to bring something up, which is actually perfectly timed with Passover coming to speak of leaven.

Telling anybody
    Is abusive, and hateful. It has nothing to do with a differing opinion. I find it interesting to see words spit at me when I was 14 by a muslim in Jerusalem, spit again at another by somebody who uses the word Torah in their nickname.

Gal 5:6-13 6 Your glorying [is] not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump? 7 Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us. 8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened [bread] of sincerity and truth. 9 I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. 10Yet certainly [did] not [mean] with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner -- not even to eat with such a person. 12 For what [have] I [to do] with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? 13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore "put away from yourselves the evil person."

Our God brought us out of Egypt. If He did not, there would be no Passover, there would be no Lamb, there would be no Messiah.

Without the Jews suriving to 4bc...there would have been no need for Messiah. For Messiah came for the Jews first.

17 " Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 "For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19 "Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches [them,] he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

I didn't say it. God did.

Romans 11:1 I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, [of] the tribe of Benjamin.

I didn't write it. Paul did.

8. Gwenyfur

Gwenyfur Legend

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Politics:
    US-Constitution
    Faith:
    Pagan
    Too many broken rules

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.