Did Jesus wear a prayer shawl (tallit)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

torahgrandma

Feb 23, 2007
✟15,936.00
Faith
Christian
Scripture according to YOU is all that matters to YOU.

But, it matters not to us. We can read without your "teaching" and "guidance".

Seeing that you are so literal and insistant on what you think the Bible says, here's a scripture for you to choke on (let's see how strict you really are):

1Ti 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
1Ti 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Got Bible?
I am going to choose to take the high road Contra. You can wander in the desert if you like.

Upvote 0

torahgrandma

Feb 23, 2007
✟15,936.00
Faith
Christian
They are Hebrew, and if you know it as you say, you know what they mean, and if you know Judaism as you say, you know exactly what I'm saying to you.
Are you gonna lower yourself to try and cyber bully a grannie now? Oy :)

I am probably old enough to be your bubbe. Would you talk to her like that?

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are you gonna lower yourself to try and cyber bully a grannie now? Oy :)

Not trying to bully.....think about it.

Anyway, enough.

I am probably old enough to be your bubbe. Would you talk to her like that?

I don't think she'd be as provocative as you.

Upvote 0

torahgrandma

Feb 23, 2007
✟15,936.00
Faith
Christian
Mrs Wags stated on another thread:

Don't try to change the subject Granny. You have been making sweeping accusations without providing any proof that anyone is actually teaching what you say they are. If you have proof then provide it.

In your tallit thread you finally named names of those that you believe are teaching falsely - and NONE of them are actually Hebrew Roots Teachers!!!
A quick perusal of the internet will turn up tons of Hebrew roots/Messianic people teaching that Jesus wore a tallit. Here are a few:

http://www.jcstudies.com/touchinghemgarment.html

http://www.shofars.org/tallit.htm

http://www.messianic.com/talit/chapter2.htm

http://www.messianic.com/talit/chapter5.htm

http://www.messianic.com/talit/chapter7.htm

http://www.messianic.com/talit/chapter10.htm

There are scads more if you would like them Mrs Wags. Some are more ridiculous than others. I am sure you can probably also find something on the FFOZ website.

:o

Upvote 0

LadyGarnetRose

Frum Reconstructionist (pm me for details)
Nov 18, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
✟16,258.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You've yet to establish how disagreeing with you is synonymous with hating you to wanting to kill you.

I see your agument as being essentially the same, in this respect, as those homosexuals who claim that everyone who disagrees with them is "homophobic" and their opinions "hate speech."
IOW, it's pure unsubstantiated rhetoric.

IIf anyone here has begun down the slippery slope to murder, it would be they who refer to others as heathen and anti semite.

Wrong. Very Very Wrong. That is not what I'm saying at all.

BASHING, HUMILIATING, AND TELLING US WE ARE OF THE DEVIL HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE IS ANTISEMITIC. Because that is the basic gist of all the rhetoric being blasted about.

Want to hate Jews. Want to be antisemitic? Want to be a racist, that's fine...

Genesis 12:1 Now the LORD had said to Abram: "Get out of your country, From your family And from your father's house, To a land that I will show you. 2 I will make you a great nation; I will bless you And make your name great; And you shall be a blessing. 3 I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed."

This is precisely the attitude that pushes Jews away from the church and/or out of it. It's very hurtful to look at. Not that I think you're doing anything deliberate Iakavos.

Anti-semitism is not just about hating Jews as a people, but also about hating our heritage, customs, and history.

How would you like it if I dedicated a thread to decrying the customs of the Orthodox Church or even to your own ethnicity?

You're entitled to disagree- but you're being foolish if you don't fully understand the topic- I'm sure you'd agree with that, after no doubt being involved in 101+ discussions with other Christians who don't "get" Eastern Orthdoxoy, right? You just wish they'd just get to know the depth of it before they throw claims around of it being idolatrous.

Well, that is precisely what this thread is about- trying to strip Jesus of any semblance of being an observant Jew and villifying the Jewish community of inventing unholy practices. It is a vile, Satanic attack on our heritage and customs and all it has managed to do is infuriate the Jewish members of this forum. Not every one who claims to be Jewish loves their people (eg. there is a term called "self-hating Jew" which the community uses) but I'd say most of us do, and I certainly am incredibly offended by some of the idiocy passing as debate on this thread.

All this nonesense of making this matter about "Hebrew Roots teachers" is just a smokescreen- it's about singling out Jewish customs and calling it of the Devil.

We don't do it to any other nation or community on this forum except to the Jews- interesting.

Amen!

I'm going to bring something up, which is actually perfectly timed with Passover coming to speak of leaven.

Telling anybody
You can wander in the desert if you like.
Is abusive, and hateful. It has nothing to do with a differing opinion. I find it interesting to see words spit at me when I was 14 by a muslim in Jerusalem, spit again at another by somebody who uses the word Torah in their nickname.

Gal 5:6-13 6 Your glorying [is] not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump? 7 Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us. 8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened [bread] of sincerity and truth. 9 I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. 10Yet certainly [did] not [mean] with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner -- not even to eat with such a person. 12 For what [have] I [to do] with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? 13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore "put away from yourselves the evil person."

Our God brought us out of Egypt. If He did not, there would be no Passover, there would be no Lamb, there would be no Messiah.

Without the Jews suriving to 4bc...there would have been no need for Messiah. For Messiah came for the Jews first.

17 " Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 "For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19 "Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches [them,] he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

I didn't say it. God did.

Romans 11:1 I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, [of] the tribe of Benjamin.

I didn't write it. Paul did.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.