Did Jesus Warn Us of the "Christ" Paul Met in the Wilderness?

Jahrooshshalom

Nov 8, 2015
✟9,110.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesus in Matt 24:4-5, 24-27 warned about a false Christ coming in His name of Jesus. Our Lord told us we should not trust anyone who claims a wilderness experience because the true Jesus would be seen by every eye on earth when He returns. This video in detail.

A friend who patronizes a Bible study forum sent me these video linked together. An interesting premise as far as controversial theology goes in Christian doctrine.
Paul wrote about 2/3rds of the new testament in the form of his letters. While the disciples that walked with Christ have but few in comparison.

Wouldn't that be something? If the world is in the state it is in today because the teachings we've been following were not wholly-holy that of Jesus and his words alone?

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
St. Louis - Ephesians 2:6-8
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Nah, Paul was a chosen vessel, and Ananias was a witness, as was Barnabas and all the Apostles. Paul rose Eutychus from the dead and performed many miracles. It was testified and understood that Paul was to be sent to the Gentiles and Peter to the circumcision

Galatians 2:7 - Galatians 2:8 -

Acts 9:15-16 - But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: 16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my names sake.

And Paul did

Last edited:
Reactions: DrBubbaLove
Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
St. Louis - Ephesians 2:6-8
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus in Matt 24:4-5, 24-27 warned about a false Christ coming in His name of Jesus. Our Lord told us we should not trust anyone who claims a wilderness experience because the true Jesus would be seen by every eye on earth when He returns. This video in detail.

A friend who patronizes a Bible study forum sent me these video linked together. An interesting premise as far as controversial theology goes in Christian doctrine.
Paul wrote about 2/3rds of the new testament in the form of his letters. While the disciples that walked with Christ have but few in comparison.

Wouldn't that be something? If the world is in the state it is in today because the teachings we've been following were not wholly-holy that of Jesus and his words alone?
Blasphemic Drivel

Upvote 0

Wgw

Pray For Brussels!
May 24, 2015
✟15,107.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
I think the story could lead on Art Bell however.

Since I began the whole Art Bell meme I should collect a royalty from you each time you reference it. :p By the way, the current hosts of that show, well, the last time I listened to it a few years ago, included a rather credulous chap known as George Noory, and a clergyman who I think was Anglican, who was a bit less credulous. At least Art Bell tended to be a bit sceptical, whereas Noory comes across as almost buying into the unusual beliefs of enguests.

Upvote 0

Wgw

Pray For Brussels!
May 24, 2015
✟15,107.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative

Since the Pauline epistles predate the rest of the NT, and since the account of the Last Supper for example, in the Synoptics, matches 1 Corinthians, I tend to reject such views.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Deuteronomy 13 warns that even if someone performs signs and wonders, the way to tell that they are a false prophet is was if the taught against obeying God's commands. So if Paul or the Christ that he met taught against following God's law, then they are false, but joyfully neither taught that. Paul also checked to make sure that what he was teaching was correct. If it had been a false Christ, then he wouldn't have checked out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jahrooshshalom

Nov 8, 2015
✟9,110.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Since the Pauline epistles predate the rest of the NT, and since the account of the Last Supper for example, in the Synoptics, matches 1 Corinthians, I tend to reject such views.
"Apostle" was a term reserved for those who walked with Jesus.
Paul never did that. He never knew Jesus, never heard him preach. Isn't it odd that a man who never knew Christ has his letters in the new testament and they predate those attributed to the actual Apostles that walked with Jesus?

Upvote 0

Neochristian

Aug 27, 2015
✟8,274.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Paul never did that. He never knew Jesus, never heard him preach. Isn't it odd that a man who never knew Christ has his letters in the new testament and they predate those attributed to the actual Apostles that walked with Jesus?

I heard Enoch walked with the Lord.

Upvote 0

Jahrooshshalom

Nov 8, 2015
✟9,110.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Or if pigs could fly! Don't forget that.
Please, if you can't add something constructive don't add sarcasm in its stead. Thank you.

I heard Enoch walked with the Lord.
Yes, we're told that in Genesis. And yet also we're told in Exodus that no man can look upon God and live. I'd think then that Enoch walked figuratively with God and it was then that God took him up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neochristian

Aug 27, 2015
✟8,274.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Please, if you can't add something constructive don't add sarcasm in its stead. Thank you.

Yes, we're told that in Genesis. And yet also we're told in Exodus that no man can look upon God and live. I'd think then that Enoch walked figuratively with God and it was then that God took him up.

Yes, that is a great mystery. Outside Sodom and Gomorrah Abraham walked with the Lord and kept His way by doing righteousness and justice. Moses too met with the Lord, but never looked at Him, if memory serves. Could Enoch have done the same?

Upvote 0

Jahrooshshalom

Nov 8, 2015
✟9,110.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes, that is a great mystery. Outside Sodom and Gomorrah Abraham walked with the Lord and kept His way by doing righteousness and justice. Moses too met with the Lord, but never looked at Him, if memory serves. Could Enoch have done the same?
Not if he wanted to live, per Exodus.
Walking with God in scriptures even in the old testament pertains to the Christians in faith in the new. It's a lifestyle, a way of life, that allows us to walk with God in his word. Not literally.
I think that was how it was in the old testament as well. Noah walked with God. Scriptures in 2 Kings 8 talks of Ahaziah who walked in the ways of the house of Ahab. So it isn't a literal 'walk' that is described in such passages then or in those that pertain to someone who walks with God. It can't be if looking on God causes death. If someone is walking with God they stand to look at him, unless they're walking with God in following his ways, his teachings, and then they're walking in the faith that abides.

Upvote 0

Wgw

Pray For Brussels!
May 24, 2015
✟15,107.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Not if he wanted to live, per Exodus.
Walking with God in scriptures even in the old testament pertains to the Christians in faith in the new. It's a lifestyle, a way of life, that allows us to walk with God in his word. Not literally.
I think that was how it was in the old testament as well. Noah walked with God. Scriptures in 2 Kings 8 talks of Ahaziah who walked in the ways of the house of Ahab. So it isn't a literal 'walk' that is described in such passages then or in those that pertain to someone who walks with God. It can't be if looking on God causes death. If someone is walking with God they stand to look at him, unless they're walking with God in following his ways, his teachings, and then they're walking in the faith that abides.

This approach seems to deny the reality of the Incarnation. It would seem that not only do you want us to reject St. Paul, but also St. John.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

"Apostle" is a title for anyone who is a sent one or messenger.

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

Jahrooshshalom

Nov 8, 2015
✟9,110.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
"Apostle" is a title for anyone who is a sent one or messenger.
Yes, apostle meant, one sent on a mission. John 17 speaks of Jesus and his choosing his Disciples to be the anointed , remembering his anointing of their feet prior to his crucifixion, to deliver the gospel to the world.

Upvote 0