Did Jesus eat meat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

catwoman2

He caused 2 huge school of fish to be caught by the disciples. He allowed pigs to be possessed by demons (couldn't have been pretty for the pigs). He was a true Jew also paid the Temple tax. This means that He supported the killing of many animals daily. He ate the Passover lamb yearly. He said that eggs and fish are good gifts to give (sermon on the mound). He said on numerous occasions that people are worth far more than sheep and sparrows. and, of course, Luke says that Jesus ate fish.

He wasn't a vegetarian, no matter what PETA claims.

Vegetarianism is neither commanded nor forbidden by Scripture. It is a matter of Christian freedom.

Upvote 0

HypnoToad

*croak*
Site Supporter
May 29, 2005
✟82,302.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
exactly :)
whenever something is not found in scripture, as a joke, many will say it's found in Hezekiah something or other
Actually, that totally threw me. I have never before heard of "Hezekiah" being used to denote non-existent stuff.

When I saw the smiley face, I thought it meant that what was contained in that verse was going to be facetious in some way, not that it was non-existent.

I know the names of all the books by memory, and went over them three times in my head, thinking, "Hezekiah?? Where is that coming from??" That's when it dawned on me that you had meant it didn't exist.

Upvote 0

MrsJoy

In love with my wonderful husband
Jan 17, 2007
✟17,390.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Why are you continuing to post here. Cannot you not comprehend what was said in the 2nd reply of the thread? Jesus ate meat, CASE CLOSED!
LOL
if you wish the thread to be closed, you can ask a mod.
if i a thread remains open , people continue to post.
it is a discussion.
there is no need to get mad!^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MrsJoy

In love with my wonderful husband
Jan 17, 2007
✟17,390.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Actually, that totally threw me. I have never before heard of "Hezekiah" being used to denote non-existent stuff.

When I saw the smiley face, I thought it meant that what was contained in that verse was going to be facetious in some way, not that it was non-existent.

I know the names of all the books by memory, and went over them three times in my head, thinking, "Hezekiah?? Where is that coming from??" That's when it dawned on me that you had meant it didn't exist.
;)
some days things just need to be lightened up

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.