Georgia
✟909,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I dunno, some parts of the Bible seem pretty gruesome and violent to me...

Well the crucifixion in the gospel of John is not all fluffy and roses -- is that what you mean CrystalDragon?

I think that is an example of the devil sinking his own ship. Exposing his evil before the intelligence of the universe - fully unmasked , only to find out that the Gospel mission was accomplished by the very death he thought would end it.

And then he adds to it - his rancor against his own "crew" for not withstanding the forces of light and holding Christ in the tomb. IF he was so smart/tough/powerful then "he" should have been there "Holding the fort" ... leading by example. But it is no small thing to have to defend against the panoply of heaven. God is infinite after all.

Upvote 0

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am a teenager and i am 15 I am scared because I suffer from intrusive thoughts and im scared. the reaon why is because last night i had a thought that was so vivid. I was so scared because my thought was that i would for no reason and then to become romanatwood. im serious ive had intrusive thoughts for a while and ive worried about this spesific topic the most because its always there. help me please i want to get close to god again.

Imagine a thief broke into your house and stole your TV. A man in an organized crime ring offered the thief $10 for your TV, and the thief sold it to him.

You report the theft to the police. The police somehow track down the TV and identify that it belongs to you.

The thief and the man who bought it appear before a judge. The thief is found guilty theft. The man who bought it is found guilty of receiving stolen property.

If the judge knows the TV was stolen from you, who does the judge give the TV to?

The Bible says, 'For ye were bought with a price...."

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am a teenager and i am 15 I am scared because I suffer from intrusive thoughts and im scared. the reaon why is because last night i had a thought that was so vivid. I was so scared because my thought was that i would for no reason and then to become romanatwood. im serious ive had intrusive thoughts for a while and ive worried about this spesific topic the most because its always there. help me please i want to get close to god again.
Intrusive thoughts are unwelcome.

But as to "selling your soul", you needn't worry. Having unwelcome thoughts might not be pleasant but that isn't enough to "sell your soul".

The beauty of it though is you can't really "sell" your soul anyway. You can't sell my car because it doesn't belong to you; it belongs to me. Likewise you can't sell your soul because that also doesn't belong to you; it belongs to God. No sale is final so you're in good shape either way.

But it doesn't sound like you're having problems beyond what's common to most people. Discipline and control your mind but don't worry about losing your soul over it.

Upvote 0

Philip_B

Bread is Blessed & Broken Wine is Blessed & Poured
Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟609,347.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Thankfully life is more like a marathon than a sprint, and we all take a few tumbles along the way. But we get get and we get on again. It is likely to be not the last time. One of the people who I recall is Mother Julian of Norwich, who had a simple mantra all shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well. It is this simple confidence in the goodness of God that has helped me through some ordinary times.

Peace and blessing for the journey.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Well the crucifixion in the gospel of John is not all fluffy and roses -- is that what you mean CrystalDragon?

I think that is an example of the devil sinking his own ship. Exposing his evil before the intelligence of the universe - fully unmasked , only to find out that the Gospel mission was accomplished by the very death he thought would end it.

And then he adds to it - his rancor against his own "crew" for not withstanding the forces of light and holding Christ in the tomb. IF he was so smart/tough/powerful then "he" should have been there "Holding the fort" ... leading by example. But it is no small thing to have to defend against the panoply of heaven. God is infinite after all.

No, I more meant the Old Testament where God commands people to be killed and virgins to be kept as slaves and seen as war spoils.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No, I more meant the Old Testament where God commands people to be killed and virgins to be kept as slaves and seen as war spoils.

ok well lots of subjects there -- good thing I focused on the life of Christ and the Gospel of John.

Though I am sure that satan feels pretty good about dragging Adam and Eve out of their sinless, deathless, joyful, perfect paradise into such situations. But of course after the cross - his days are numbered and "he knows that he has but a short time" Revelation 12

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." - 1 Cor 6:19-20

Christians are literally incapable of doing so because they do not own their own souls. Jesus does. It would be like trying to sell a house that you don't own, any effort to do so would be completely invalid. And for anyone who is not Christian, Jesus has the power and will and authority to rescue them:

"The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil." - 1 John 3:8b

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

Jacob Deng

Dec 21, 2016
Melbourne
✟20,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One good way to get closer to God is to read the Bible. :)

I also want to say, God and Jesus are more powerful than anyone, or anything, if give your life in their hands, you don’t need to fear anything. :)

Righteous
I'll just add to this wonderful foundation you brought up :)

The holy spirit is just as powerful, he is who is behind the power of god, aside from that, they're all one.
Now, the difference between God the Father, God the son and the holy spirit is that those two are in heaven while the holy spirit has been sent to live with you down here on earth and to teach you in place of Jesus, reminding you of all that Jesus has taught and comforting you, he also brings to you the presence of Jesus, hence why he can dwell in your heart, so ask him and he will do anything you ask in the name of Jesus, since he's already living with you, he will not force his presence upon you, you'll need to ask him to reveal his presence to you :)
Jesus says in John 14:15-17 "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocate to be with you forever — the Spirit of truth. The world cannot receive Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. But you do know Him, for He abides with you and He will be in you.…"

Romans 8:14 "For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God."

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Humans do not have the ability to sell their soul to the devil, since we did not self-create, we have no ownership rights to our soul. By nature we are enslaved to sin and apart from the work of grace of God, we are in submission to the world, the devil and the flesh.

But the fact that this is troubling you is a good sign that God has not given you over to your sin. Today is the day of salvation, turn from sin and temptation today and trust in Jesus Christ. Read and study His inerrant word of the Bible as often as you can. Join and become involved in a Bible believing, God fearing church. Contact your Pastor and ask him for some Biblical counseling.

• Winner
Reactions: DeerGlow
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Even if you did sell your soul, Repent of your sins, draw close to Jesus. You will be translated into the kingdom of God. And, Satan as a creature can not do anything about it.

concerning bad thoughts and dreams, mediate on the Bible alone, since that is God's only Scriptures.

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian

Can't sell what didn't belong to you in the first place.

Upvote 0

MournfulWatcher

In the beginning was the Word.
Feb 15, 2016
United States
✟110,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I've had troubles with intrusive thoughts in the past too. Don't worry its not your fault; sometimes people just have thoughts that pop up in their minds. The best thing to do is not let yourself fear the thought; distract yourself somehow and when you've calmed down, remind yourself that you belong to jesus and that that thought was just random and untrue. That's how I handle those thoughts at least.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
First of all, relax. Your only fear is fear itself. You are not crazy and this is not demonic. You have obsessions, and one of the qualities about obsessive thoughts is that they are alarming in some way.

You need to see a psychiatrist: there are medications that will help with your obsessions. It may also help to see a therapist. Most importantly, talk to your parents about this!!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." - 1 Cor 6:19-20

Christians are literally incapable of doing so because they do not own their own souls. Jesus does. It would be like trying to sell a house that you don't own, any effort to do so would be completely invalid. And for anyone who is not Christian, Jesus has the power and will and authority to rescue them:

"The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil." - 1 John 3:8b

It is all "Free wlll" -- if you choose to throw away paradise - like Adam and Eve did - God will let you make that choice.

But if you choose God -- he will forgive you of your sins and accept you back.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The bad news for Satan is that he does not get to torment you in heaven or in the Rev 21 - lake of fire. The good news for him is that he has access to you while you are in this life so long as you refuse the gospel offer of escape.

The "other good news" for him - is that the gospel offer of escape requires turning to God - without reservation. Lot's wife escaped Sodom -- but had some reservations about leaving.

Upvote 0