Did God Create More Than JUST Adam and Eve?

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
incest? ok so what about all the people on the ark that didn't die in the flood. Wasn't they were here before adam and eve. back in that time people lived a very long time. How much time passed from the flood to existence of adam and eve?

You don't make sense. Of course those on the ark didn't die in the flood.

No one was before Adam. The flood was thousands of years after Adam and Eve. Long after their deaths. You have your time line all screwed up.

Now Noah's grandsons basically only had sisters, cousins, nieces, ... to marry because no one else survived the flood. Like I said, it wasn't until the time of Moses, many many generations later that marrying a sister was forbidden. Now men had multiple wives so a sister could be a half-sister. That had not been forbidden up until that time. One of Jacob's sons married their half-sister Dinah. Isaac and Jacob both married women from the families of Abraham's brother while Abraham himself married his eldest brother Haran's daughter Sarah. Sarah, Lot and Milkah were brother and sisters. Milkah married Abraham's other brother.

Upvote 0
If you read my bio, you'll find that I am working toward my PhD in theology along with a MA in ancient history. I pray every single day, and that includes having truths revealed to me. Understanding the Bible comes natural to me; some say I have a gift. I am able to break things down and explain them in a way that makes sense.

Actually, I don't care about reading people's bios; as if this is going to sway my thinking one way or the other. Degrees don't always mean u understand God's word.

What's that saying, "The proof is in the pudding."...

Yes there are contradictions in the Bible, especially the KJV. In Genesis 1, plants are created before Adam. In Genesis 2, Adam is created before plants. There's really no way around it. That is just 1 of hundreds found within the Bible. Don't try and spin it...you won't convince me of anything.

If u don't care to know the meaning, fine.

So now we have a conundrum. You use a traditional interpretation (which is widely KJV based) while I combine reason/logic with an understanding of Hebrew/Greek. We both pray for guidance and revelation of truth. Now what?

Supposed logic vs what God said....Hummm!

Obviously one of us is wrong...and my interpretation makes perfect sense, explains things clearly, and I don't have to put a spin job on a story to make it work.

I'm sure it does to u. Worldly logic (ur understanding) vs God's word?

Just saying...

The Bible was written for the simple to understand, not the other way around (i.e. we don't go to people with fancy degrees to figure out Bible verses; Jesus gives us understanding).

It is nice u have fancy degrees, but it really doesn't mean anything to me! I'm not one to put anyone on a pedestal based on their education.

In actuality, I believe that the KJV is the least corrupted version. Period. I use the NKJV because of its updated lingo.

2 Peter 1:20 Re: no private interpretation

Col. 2:8 "Beware lest anyone cheat u through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ."

1 Cor. 3:21 "...let no one boast in men."

I do not have any problems in understanding Gen. 1 & 2. If u do, then I can only deduce that u're not understanding what is being read. Period.

Just saying....

Upvote 0