Did God Create More Than JUST Adam and Eve?

What about Neandertals? My belief is that Adam and Eve were the first of what we nowadays call homo sapiens (humans) and what they were was half Neandertal and half Elohim, and that's where the human race originates.

This sounds like foolish worldly wisdom to me!! Run.....

There were no cave men, as we were told in school. Men did not grunt and run around like monkeys. God made man in His image, men were intelligent humans from day one.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Uhm, yes it does, especially when you study apologetics, hermeneutics, etc., and combine those with the study of ancient history, philosophy, language, etc. To say it does not help is simply absurd.

Without the direction of the Holy Spirit it is all worthless.

So you can say whatever you want. How convenient. The Bible warns of false prophets. Be careful when treading on that type of ground. Occult leaders emerge claiming the same thing.

John 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

The bible reveals that the Holy Spirit is our teacher. If you aren't being taught by the Holy Spirit then you have nothing of value to tell us about scripture. Without the guidance and direction of the Holy Spirit you only have a dead religion with dead works.

I do believe in evolution, but one that is governed by the laws of nature that God created. No, creation was not a literal 1 week period. No I do not take the Genesis account literally. The world does not interpret Scripture for me. I do my own studies, thank you very much. Furthermore I call myself a Progressive Christian Deist.

Your own study has produced two supposed contradictions in the bible to which you use to justify your unbelief, which are not actually contradictions. How can your study of the scripture be trusted when you are content with superficial explanations and are unwilling to admit when you're wrong?

1. I believe that we have free will, and it is on that basis that God does not set us up for any type of predestination. We make our own choices, good or bad. Can He influence the world? Absolutely. Does He interfere with any choice that is made? Absolutely not. Why do bad things happen to good people? Because someone chose to do something bad, plain and simple. Jesus was sent as our savior, but that does not interfere with free will. People still have to make the CHOICE to accept and follow Him.

John 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.

The scripture reveals that you cannot choose to accept Jesus; God the Father must first draw you to Jesus. How can you say God doesn't interfere when you can't even be saved without God "interfering"?

Do you believe people die randomly?

2. I am a Christian in that I accepted Jesus as my savior, long ago.

A profession of faith doesn't make you a Christian. There are many who will say "Lord, Lord..did we not prophecy in your name, etc." And He will say "I never knew you"

How do you know that you're a Christian? I'm not saying that you're not, but how do you know that you are?

3. To expand on deism, it is my belief that God created the laws of nature, and the world/cosmos runs according to those laws. God does not have to be sitting at the helm, governing every little thing. In short, He invented the auto pilot.

Yet everything in the scripture tells us that God controls everything. He said He declared the end from the beginning. The prophecies of the Messiah, for instance, predate Jesus by hundreds and sometimes thousands of years. This isn't to mention everything written about in Revelation. If God set everything to autopilot and doesn't control everything, how is it that He has engineered all of history?

I too, am guided by the Holy Spirit. However, I do use specific translations (NASB, YLT = top 2), I am a scholar and theologian, and my views are supported biblically, once you get past centuries of tradition and skewed KJV biases. I study both Hebrew and Greek. Every single English translation is no where near the accuracy of the source language. I also study history, and don't think for one second that parts of the Bible are not culturally or politically motivated.

In other words, you pick and choose what you want to believe about the bible and discard the rest. It's quite a position to be in, wouldn't you agree? To say what God has and hasn't done, has said and hasn't said? It's almost like you've made yourself Gods judge and you get to determine what He is really like. It's actually exactly like that..this is how people to come to worship false idols. The Israelites when they made the golden calf called it "Yahweh". They were still worshiping the true God but they had a distorted image of Him. In the same way, those who meddle with Gods word have a distorted image of God and are idolators.

Upvote 0

Vanguard PCD

Progressive Christian Deist
Jan 27, 2013
Alabama, USA
✟16,492.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

The bible reveals that the Holy Spirit is our teacher. If you aren't being taught by the Holy Spirit then you have nothing of value to tell us about scripture. Without the guidance and direction of the Holy Spirit you only have a dead religion with dead works.

I don't recall anyone, myself included, saying that the Holy Spirit is worthless, does not exist, etc. I did say that I pray for guidance and wisdom when doing my research, and I feel that the Holy Spirit is with me. Therefore, the presence/absence of the Holy Spirit is not even a valid part of your argument.

Your own study has produced two supposed contradictions in the bible to which you use to justify your unbelief, which are not actually contradictions. How can your study of the scripture be trusted when you are content with superficial explanations and are unwilling to admit when you're wrong?

I am of the belief that the Bible is inerrant...according to the autographs. In other words, the ORIGINAL written documents in their archaic languages are inerrant. However, those have been lost/destroyed and no longer exist. What most Christians read and study from are TRANSLATIONS, taken from copies of copies, and those are subject to human error. This would have to be a thread within itself; one I may start.

Are there contradictions in the Bible after translations? Absolutely.

John 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.

The scripture reveals that you cannot choose to accept Jesus; God the Father must first draw you to Jesus. How can you say God doesn't interfere when you can't even be saved without God "interfering"?

First off, use the verse in context within the chapter for which it was intended. Jesus is preaching to the Jews who were complaining about Him. Secondly, there are plenty of references in the Bible that support free will. I can provide them, or I can leave you to research them for yourself so that you may learn something.

Do you believe people die randomly?

Yes. I also choose what pants to wear randomly, what I want for lunch randomly, and what movie I am going to watch at night randomly.

Yet everything in the scripture tells us that God controls everything.

Wrong.

Genesis 22:1-14 is the story of Abraham being tested by God, when he is instructed to sacrifice his son, Isaac. Abraham does not hesitate to obey God. If you read through those verses, you'll find where it states this:

He said, “Do not stretch out your hand against the lad, and do nothing to him; for now I know that you are a fearer of God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me.”

God did not know what Abraham would choose to do. He tested Him and at the last second, He stopped him from sacrificing Isaac, when He saw that Abraham would obey. Free will.

Revelation 20:11-15

This is the propephecy/vision of the dead being raised and judged before God, based on their deeds. If God controls everything, including all of our choices and actions, why then would He need to judge the dead based on their deeds (actions), when He was the one controlling them to begin with? He would be judging Himself. Doesn't make sense, unless we have free will, and we make our own choices.

In other words, you pick and choose what you want to believe about the bible and discard the rest...

I don't pick and choose what to believe in. However, I do use common sense and reason when reading the Bible. I use the verses within the context that they were meant for. I understand that translational errors are present, that there are cultural and political factors within some of the stories, and I compare those stories to ancient history, as people were migratory and moved all over.

May I suggest, that for any future posts, you use supporting evidence within CONTEXT, and not just your opinion on a subject.

Peace.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So what do you guys think? You can discuss it here or on the youtube comments either way is fine with me.

All human life came from Adam. No there were no other created men. We all carry the sin nature from Adam. Even the Hebrew word 'Adam' is many times translated as 'mankind'. We are all 'of Adam'. Now we are all of Noah and his wife as well since all other bloodlines were destroyed by the flood.

All teachings that other people were created like Lillith, Adam's supposed 1st wife is all nonsense and rooted in paganism. It is rooted in those other individuals as the angels that also crossed with women to add their lineages to mankind and were worshiped as 'gods'. Of course those lines were all destroyed by the flood while there was later corruption at Babel by the four angels that got bound at the Euphrates (at Babel), mentioned in Rev, for their post flood corruption. They are the source of the pagan gods post flood and the Nephilim and giantism post flood referenced as 'tares' in the NT.

The other doctrine that pushes for other individuals outside of Adam are those that try to introduce Evolution as truth into their scriptural understanding.

Upvote 0

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
... and because of the likelihood of Cain marrying within the family.

There was no problem with Cain marrying within the family. It is when generations after generations of inbreeding that it causes major problems. Everyone was closely related back then but had even greater genetic diversity then we have now between the races.

It was only after the Sinah that marrying a close relative was forbidden but the commandment was to marry among the others of the nation of Israel which was one large extended family.

Even Abraham, Isaac and Jacob married close relatives. For example, Sarah was Abraham's neice by his eldest brother Haran. Sarah and Milkah, Haran's two daughters both married their uncles while Lot, his son joined Abram's household as both nephew and brother-in-law. Both Isaac and Jacob married from the households of Abraham's other brother. That was common practice to prevent from mixing with the polluted bloodlines by the four angels that were locked up at Babel whose offspring were worshipped as the ancient gods post-flood.

Upvote 0

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I heard there was genetic evidence that points to there being more then just 2 homosapiens during the early days of our species, that all modern humans did not come from just 2 people.

That is true. There are tares among the wheat but the source was not human but angelic. The Nephilim introduced other genetic traits. For example, the giantism in the Canaanites is a direct result of post flood angelic crossing and is why their religion is heavily rooted in ancestor worship and witchcraft. It is very rooted in worship of angelic offspring. It can be easily seen if you delve into the name meanings of places and cities in the land of Canaan.

All modern human life would have come from seven different individuals. Those 7 are made up of Noah and his wife Na'amah, the four angels bound at the Euphrates at Babel, and the mother of the 3 sisters that Noah chose to marry his 3 sons. Those 3 sisters were closely related to Noah's family but the only outside influence could have come from their common mother.

Here is an example of clues in scripture on the ancient paganism. The 'field of Zophim' on Mt Pisgah where Balaam offered sacrifices to the Baalim (pagan pantheon) for king Balaak is a reference to the 'field of the Watchers' while Pisgah is a reference to Asherah, ie the pagan 'mother earth'. The 'field' is a reference to her womb as mother of the gods while Watchers is a term for fallen angels in other Hebrew texts.

The people of the city of Sidon were of direct descent of Ashtoreth and Canaan while she was the primary deity of the city. Queen Jezebel was her direct descendant and her worldwide high priestess of her day. Jezebel was also a powerful witch whose death curse on Elijah even drove him to want to die.

The ancient biblical paganism has been my area of study for many years since I ran across a modern candidate to become the next worldwide high priestess of Ashtoreth back in 1985.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't recall anyone, myself included, saying that the Holy Spirit is worthless, does not exist, etc. I did say that I pray for guidance and wisdom when doing my research, and I feel that the Holy Spirit is with me. Therefore, the presence/absence of the Holy Spirit is not even a valid part of your argument.

I am of the belief that the Bible is inerrant...according to the autographs. In other words, the ORIGINAL written documents in their archaic languages are inerrant. However, those have been lost/destroyed and no longer exist. What most Christians read and study from are TRANSLATIONS, taken from copies of copies, and those are subject to human error. This would have to be a thread within itself; one I may start.

Are there contradictions in the Bible after translations? Absolutely.

First off, use the verse in context within the chapter for which it was intended. Jesus is preaching to the Jews who were complaning about Him. Secondly, there are plenty of references in the Bible that support free will. I can provide them, or I can leave you to research them for yourself so that you may learn something.

Yes. I also choose what pants to wear randomly, what I want for lunch randomly, and what movie I am going to watch at night randomly.

Wrong.

Genesis 22:1-14 is the story of Abraham being tested by God, when he is instructed to sacrifice his son, Isaac. Abraham does not hesitate to obey God. If you read through those verses, you'll find where it states this:

He said, “Do not stretch out your hand against the lad, and do nothing to him; for now I know that you are a fearer of God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me.”

God did not know what Abraham would choose to do. He tested Him and at the last second, He stopped him from sacrificing Isaac, when He saw that Abraham would obey. Free will.

Revelation 20:11-15

This is the propephecy/vision of the dead being raised and judged before God, based on their deeds. If God controls everything, including all of our choices and actions, why then would He need to judge the dead based on their deeds (actions), when He was the one controlling them to begin with? He would be judging Himself. Doesn't make sense, unless we have free will, and we make our own choices.

I don't pick and choose what to believe in. However, I do use common sense and reason when reading the Bible. I use the verses within the context that they were meant for. I understand that translational errors are present, that there are cultural and political factors within some of the stories, and I compare those stories to ancient history, as people were migratory and moved all over.

May I suggest, that for any future posts, you use supporting evidence within CONTEXT, and not just your opinion on a subject.

Peace.

My suggestion to you is to pray and ask God for a revelation of who He is because until you have that you will never understand scripture no matter how much you study, or how much education you receive. Without a personal revelation of who Jesus is, and your relationship to Him, the scripture will remain an academic exercise instead of the living word of God. God bless.

Upvote 0

John 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

Yes, He does!

How can your study of the scripture be trusted when you are content with superficial explanations and are unwilling to admit when you're wrong?

Sometimes, for whatever reason, people get things wrong. Only the Lord knows man's heart...as to the why of things. This is why all of us should test whatever is said against Scripture....to make sure that what is being said is true.

Yes, true.

He knows your heart...better than u know ur own heart.

A profession of faith doesn't make you a Christian. There are many who will say "Lord, Lord..did we not prophecy in your name, etc." And He will say "I never knew you"

He knows ur heart, u can't fool God like u can men!

Yet everything in the scripture tells us that God controls everything. The prophecies of the Messiah, for instance, predate Jesus by hundreds and sometimes thousands of years. This isn't to mention everything written about in Revelation. If God set everything to autopilot and doesn't control everything, how is it that He has engineered all of history?

He has His hand in everything.

The Israelites when they made the golden calf called it "Yahweh". They were still worshiping the true God but they had a distorted image of Him.

Scripture please? No they were not worshiping the true and living God. They violated the commandments and they worshiped something made with hands.

All through the old testament, u can see that His people, Jews, did things their way, because of their hard hearts and lack of faith.

In conclusion, since God WAS angry with them and destroyed many of them throughout the old testament history, I don't think u can get away with saying that it was ok to do what they did. It was clearly not ok w/God; He called them on it repeatedly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
...If you read my bio, you'll find that I am working toward my PhD in theology....

You may want to consider trying to get your money back.

Yes there are contradictions in the Bible, especially the KJV. In Genesis 1, plants are created before Adam. In Genesis 2, Adam is created before plants. There's really no way around it....

To someone with very poor reading skills yes. To those who look closely at the text, there are some very clear clues that the plants of the field in Genesis 2 are different from the wild plants created on day 3 in Genesis 1. Had you just done your homework and studied the text, you'd see the plants of Genesis 2 were cultivated plants that required a human farmer. It says so in the very same passage those plants are mentioned.

For the LORD God had not caused it to rain on the earth, and there was no man to till the ground;

Wild plants don't require a cultivator—a man to till the ground. Clearly this passage has in view the Garden of Eden and the plants and animals that would be indigenous to it.

Here's a good followup article on subject:
Contradictions: Planting Confusion
Were plants created on Day Three or Day Six?

This is actually one of the easiest issue in Genesis to resolve. I'm surprise any still stumble over it. My guess is you read about in an outdated skeptics manual and decided to trust it without doing any of your own research.

Also, if you did a little research you'd notice the toledoth separations in Genesis, and therefore realize that Genesis 2:5 starts a new account in which day 6 of creation becomes the focus. An account of the Garden follows the conclusion of the creation account.

PA I know you believe God is revealing things to you via special revelation, but I would suggest that it is not God that is speaking to you. But sure to test the spirits and see of they are from God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Scripture please? No they were not worshiping the true and living God. They violated the commandments and they worshiped something made with hands.

All through the old testament, u can see that His people, Jews, did things their way, because of their hard hearts and lack of faith.

In conclusion, since God WAS angry with them and destroyed many of them throughout the old testament history, I don't think u can get away with saying that it was ok to do what they did. It was clearly not ok w/God; He called them on it repeatedly.

Exodus 32:5 And when Aaron saw it, he built an altar before it; and Aaron made proclamation, and said, To morrow is a feast to the LORD.

When the Israelites were preparing to worship the golden calf, Aaron said the feast would be to Yahweh. I am not saying God thought it was okay at all; indeed, He was angry enough to wipe them out and start over, but Moses interceded for them. My comment was that they thought they were offering worship to the Lord but it was idolatry because of their distorted image of Him. In the same way, looking through the word of God and picking and choosing what you want to believe is like molding your own golden calf. It is idolatry to create your own image of God and worship it, and that's what people do when they do that.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've always been a yec, but now I think there was a preAdamic world, that was destroyed.
Between Genesis 1 and 2 there could have been millions of years.

Jeremiah 4:27
I beheld the earth, and indeed it was without form, and void;
And the heavens, they had no light.
24 I beheld the mountains, and indeed they trembled,
And all the hills moved back and forth.
25 I beheld, and indeed there was no man,
And all the birds of the heavens had fled.
26 I beheld, and indeed the fruitful land was a wilderness,
And all its cities were broken down
At the presence of the Lord,
By His fierce anger.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've always been a yec, but now I think there was a preAdamic world, that was destroyed.
Between Genesis 1 and 2 there could have been millions of years.

Jeremiah 4:27
I beheld the earth, and indeed it was without form, and void;
And the heavens, they had no light.
24 I beheld the mountains, and indeed they trembled,
And all the hills moved back and forth.
25 I beheld, and indeed there was no man,
And all the birds of the heavens had fled.
26 I beheld, and indeed the fruitful land was a wilderness,
And all its cities were broken down
At the presence of the Lord,
By His fierce anger.

Could you expand on that a little? Do you believe this particular passages is referring back to a time before creation? Or do you think it's referring to Gen. 1:2?

Upvote 0

Vanguard PCD

Progressive Christian Deist
Jan 27, 2013
Alabama, USA
✟16,492.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You may want to consider trying to get your money back.

Like I have ever heard that before. Nice off topic reply though. I laughed, shook my head, and moved on to dissect the rest of your reply

To those who look closely at the text, there are some very clear clues that the plants of the field in Genesis 2 are different from the wild plants created on day 3 in Genesis 1.

That is one English interpretation; one that I have heard before. It can seem that way, if you want it to. The reader will take what they want from a text.

However...

Genesis 1:11
Then God said, “Let the earth sprout vegetation... (day 3)

Genesis 2:5
Now no shrub of the field was yet in the earth, and no plant of the field had yet sprouted... (after day 7)

Now, I have studied where Genesis 2 is simply a recount of parts of Genesis 1. There is evidence to support that. There is evidence to support your claim that there is a difference between wild plants and cultivated ones. There is also evidence to support what I (and numerous, modern scholars) believe. But here is my question:

Who taught Adam how to be a farmer? God? Doesn't say it, so I don't assume it. Farming was a learned process, through trial and error.

No, Genesis is simply the ancient Hebrew perspective on the earth, a collection of their campfire stories that attempt to answer questions like "where did we come from," mingled with their migratory society which interacted with other cultures.

If people want to belive that the Bible/Genesis is 100% literal and correct, so be it. That is their perogative. I don't hold that against them. Theories and supporting doctrines will be created to support their positions.

I, however, use reason (common sense). I study nature and science and can clearly see where it's not mysticism, supernatural or anything like that. Early man was attempting to explain what they could not comprehend. Want to know what Moses and company followed by day/night after they left Egypt? An active volcano...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
So I grew up in a non denominational church and that is still what I consider my faith to be...I don't know if this question falls under our beliefs but I like to ask the question anyway. I run a youtube show but do not get a lot of hits and this is why I bring it here.

PLEASE keep in mind that I am breaking everything down on a chapter by chapter basis, I did not take into account anything that was written after GEN ch.2 and these videos are not posted to be FACT, they are posted to bring up questions.

These are a few points I went over.

Genesis Chapter 2: Did God Create more than just Adam and Eve in the Beginning? - YouTube

So what do you guys think? You can discuss it here or on the youtube comments either way is fine with me.

It is wonderful to hear that ur so in to studying His word, u never get too old to study....keep it up!! :clap:

It is my understanding that He made Adam and Eve on the 6th day, because on the 7th. day He rested. Chapter 2 is more or less a summation of what He did during the 6 days of creation; He just explains things in a different way about the humans.

Your question on race: it could be that God created different genetics further down the line, He can do anything because He is God.

It is said that we all came from one blood, from Noah and his 3 sons, since everyone else on the planet drowned in the great flood.

However, in the end, it doesn't really matter, since He doesn't give us answers to these particular questions. This subject is probably better left untouched and left alone. Where the bible is silent, we should be silent. In other words, obviously, He doesn't care for us to know about these things.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Could you expand on that a little? Do you believe this particular passages is referring back to a time before creation? Or do you think it's referring to Gen. 1:2?

Genesis 1:2
This is from the One New Man bible:
1.1. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2. And the earth was totally empty, devoid of all life, (Jer. 4:23) both animal and plant; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God hovered, brooded, over the face of the waters.

1:3. And God said, “Light, Be!” And there was light.

I don't believe God who is Light created an earth in the darkness on the evening of day one. Where did the darkness come from? He is Light and in Him there is no darkness at all. Something must have happened.
2 Peter 2:5 (about the flood of Noah):
and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly

I believe 2 Peter 3:5 is something else:
For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, 6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. 7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Upvote 0

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
so where did adam and eve's sons get their wives from?

They married sisters of course. The genealogies don't follow the female lines. We know Adam and Eve had many sons and daughters. Only the first 3 sons are even listed by name.

There were no laws against incest back then. It is when inbreeding occurs over many many generations that it becomes a problem. Adam and Eve had great genetic diversity. It wasn't an issue back then therefore not forbidden yet.

It wasn't until the time of Moses that marrying a very close relative was forbidden. Abraham married his own niece for example. Even the Jewish law was to marry other Jews. They were to keep their bloodline clean. They just couldn't marry a very close relative by then but every Jew was a relative even so.

Upvote 0