Did God Create More Than JUST Adam and Eve?

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Men were hunter gatherers before they were farmers so there could have been men on earth that didnt know how to work the land.

According to men's theories, yes. This of course is based on naturalistic and evolutionary presumptions. But the Bible says Adam originally was a farmer given the job of keeping the Garden of Eden. And even after the expulsion, men continued to to keep flocks and farm. In fact, God doesn't actually sanctions hunting until after the flood, though it's possible men hunted in disobedience prior to that. But even in Cain's line we see his descendants wandering with their flocks.

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

Vanguard PCD

Progressive Christian Deist
Jan 27, 2013
Alabama, USA
✟16,492.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Did God Create more than just Adam and Eve in the Beginning?

Yes.

Multitudes of humans were created on day 6. This is why Cain feared being banished and sent out into the world. It also explains where his wife came from.

Adam and Eve were not created until AFTER God rested on the 7th day. Their story is for original sin, and their place was specifically the Garden of Eden.

I do not take Genesis literally. You have to spin and twist things to make it all fit in a literal interpretation. I can show you numerous contradictions, if you take it literally.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes.

Multitudes of humans were created on day 6. This is why Cain feared being banished and sent out into the world. It also explains where his wife came from.

Adam and Eve were not created until AFTER God rested on the 7th day. Their story is for original sin, and their place was specifically the Garden of Eden.

I do not take Genesis literally. You have to spin and twist things to make it all fit in a literal interpretation. I can show you numerous contradictions, if you take it literally.

Peter spoke about twisting scripture:

2 Peter 3:16 as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures.

When we encounter things hard to understand, we don't twist scripture; rather, we ask God to help us to understand the text.

There were no other men before Adam; Adam was the first man:

1 Corinthians 15:45

And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

The question of who Cain was afraid of is easily solved by understanding that there was time for several generations of people to arise before Cain slew Abel. We are not told exactly when Cain slew Abel, but we know the maximum amount of time is about 100 years into their lives because Seth was born when Adam was 130 years old.

Genesis 5:3

And Adam lived one hundred and thirty years, and begot a son in his own likeness, after his image, and named him Seth.

100 years is more than enough time for a multitude of people to be born. The reason Cain was afraid was because most of the people on the Earth at that time were very closely related to Abel.

It is a very poor (and dangerous) way to study the word to jump to conclusions based on your lack of understanding. All truth is revealed to us by the Holy Spirit. If we trust in the Lord with all of our heart and lean not on our own understanding, He will reveal that truth to us. If we assume we can figure it out ourselves and make unfounded assumptions (like Genesis contradicts itself for instance) then your understanding of the word of God will be corrupt. We are supposed to believe what we read, not read what we believe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Bill Shadowcat

Lost in Paradise
Apr 13, 2013
Watered Gardens Homeless Shelter 531 S. Kentucky A
✟7,991.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What about Neandertals? My belief is that Adam and Eve were the first of what we nowadays call homo sapiens (humans) and what they were was half Neandertal and half Elohim, and that's where the human race originates.

Upvote 0

JHM

Sep 19, 2007
✟8,273.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yet the amuletts created to protect babies from "Lilith" LONG predate the "Alphabet of Ben Sira", so perhaps there was once a much older version of the Legend of Lilith which no longer exists, that Ben Sira's story was derived from. In any event, if you check out the "Lilith Code" you will find that "Strong's Exhaustive Concordance" root traces support her existance..

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yet the amuletts created to protect babies from "Lilith" LONG predate the "Alphabet of Ben Sira", so perhaps there was once a much older version of the Legend of Lilith which no longer exists, that Ben Sira's story was derived from. In any event, if you check out the "Lilith Code" you will find that "Strong's Exhaustive Concordance" root traces support her existance..

We don't find "her" in the bible, and Genesis was written 3500 years ago. It's Jewish folklore and there are many mythologies and gnostic ideas which sprang forth from that polluted fountain.

Upvote 0
Do u mean like other beings? I believe in this firmly, however, many of my brethren do not share this same belief. In part I think it is because we have been conditioned/brainwashed to not believe this.

The following verses r just a couple drops in the slew of verses that I've found....

Eph 3:15 "from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named."

2 Kings 23:5 this makes a distinction between "...the sun...the moon...the constellations and to all the host of heaven."

Rev 12:12 woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea; rejoice o heavens, and you who dwell in them.

Jeremiah 33:22 "... as the host of heaven can't be numbered, nor the sand of the sea measured."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vanguard PCD

Jan 27, 2013
Alabama, USA
✟16,492.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
When we encounter things hard to understand, we don't twist scripture; rather, we ask God to help us to understand the text.

It is a very poor (and dangerous) way to study the word to jump to conclusions based on your lack of understanding. All truth is revealed to us by the Holy Spirit. If we trust in the Lord with all of our heart and lean not on our own understanding, He will reveal that truth to us. If we assume we can figure it out ourselves and make unfounded assumptions (like Genesis contradicts itself for instance) then your understanding of the word of God will be corrupt.

You're assuming that Scripture is hard for me to understand. You're assuming I am jumping to conclusions. You're assuming my understanding is corrupt.

If you read my bio, you'll find that I am working toward my PhD in theology along with a MA in ancient history. I pray every single day, and that includes having truths revealed to me. Understanding the Bible comes natural to me; some say I have a gift. I am able to break things down and explain them in a way that makes sense.

Yes there are contradictions in the Bible, especially the KJV. In Genesis 1, plants are created before Adam. In Genesis 2, Adam is created before plants. There's really no way around it. That is just 1 of hundreds found within the Bible. Don't try and spin it...you won't convince me of anything.

So now we have a conundrum. You use a traditional interpretation (which is widely KJV based) while I combine reason/logic with an understanding of Hebrew/Greek. We both pray for guidance and revelation of truth. Now what? Obviously one of us is wrong...and my interpretation makes perfect sense, explains things clearly, and I don't have to put a spin job on a story to make it work.

Just saying...

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wrong again !! She appears in Isaiah 34 : 14 In the Jerusalem Bible, The Darby Translation, and the New Revised Standard Version. Furthermore she appears 5 times in the Talmud, 1 time in the Gilgamesh epic, and once in the Dead Sea Scrolls.

It is referring to a "screech owl" which is not a woman but a nocturnal animal.

Isaiah 34:14 The wild beasts of the desert shall also meet with the wild beasts of the island, and the satyr shall cry to his fellow; the screech owl also shall rest there, and find for herself a place of rest.

There is no mention in the bible of "lilith", the supposed first wife of Adam which we know is an invention of Jewish mythology.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're assuming that Scripture is hard for me to understand. You're assuming I am jumping to conclusions. You're assuming my understanding is corrupt.

I do not take Genesis literally.

Not much else to say here.

If you read my bio, you'll find that I am working toward my PhD in theology along with a MA in ancient history. I pray every single day, and that includes having truths revealed to me. Understanding the Bible comes natural to me; some say I have a gift. I am able to break things down and explain them in a way that makes sense.

A degree doesn't help you understand the bible. You could have all of the degrees in the world and have a poorer understanding of scripture than a 8 year old child. It's the Holy Spirit who helps us understand the bible, and without His direction, you won't understand it. There are many teachers out there whom many would swear are wonderful teachers of the word, but they are false teachers who teach a false gospel. It doesn't matter what men say about you; the only question is whether you are being directed and energized by the Holy Spirit in your study of the word.

Yes there are contradictions in the Bible, especially the KJV. In Genesis 1, plants are created before Adam. In Genesis 2, Adam is created before plants. There's really no way around it. That is just 1 of hundreds found within the Bible. Don't try and spin it...you won't convince me of anything.

Are you saying that you think that God planting the garden of Eden in Genesis 2:8 contradicts God creating the plants on the third day? I fail to see the contradiction:

Genesis 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
Genesis 2:6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Genesis 2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

It clearly says the plants were there before He created man, then He created man and specifically planted a garden in Eden. Where is the contradiction?

So now we have a conundrum. You use a traditional interpretation (which is widely KJV based) while I combine reason/logic with an understanding of Hebrew/Greek. We both pray for guidance and revelation of truth. Now what? Obviously one of us is wrong...and my interpretation makes perfect sense, explains things clearly, and I don't have to put a spin job on a story to make it work.

Just saying...

My interpretation is not based on anyones teaching, or a specific version of the bible; my interpretation is directed by the Holy Spirit. Without the direction of the Holy Spirit you cannot understand the scripture no matter how intelligent you believe you are.

Your interpretation does not make perfect sense, and you do have to twist quite a bit of scripture and undermine redemptive history to make your interpretation of Genesis work. Your interpretation of Genesis is clearly informed by your belief in theistic evolution and not grounded in truth. You are letting the world interpret the scripture instead of using the scripture interpret the world. You also call yourself a Deist. How can you be a Deist and a Christian at the same time? A Deist believes that God does not interact with the world so how could He have given us His only begotten Son?

Upvote 0

GenetoJean

Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Delaware
Visit site
✟18,940.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Are you saying that you think that God planting the garden of Eden in Genesis 2:8 contradicts God creating the plants on the third day? I fail to see the contradiction:

Genesis 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
Genesis 2:6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Genesis 2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

It clearly says the plants were there before He created man, then He created man and specifically planted a garden in Eden. Where is the contradiction?

Genesis 1:11-12 God created plants.
Genesis 1:20-25 God creats animals.
Genesis 1:27 God created man.
Genesis 1 Plants were created first, then animals, then man.

Genesis 2:7-8 God creats man from dust and puts him in Eden
Genesis 2:9 God makes plants grow
Genesis 2:19 God creates animals
Genesis 2 Man first, then plants, then animals.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 1:20-25 God creats animals.
Genesis 1 Plants were created first, then animals, then man.

Genesis 2:7-8 God creats man from dust and puts him in Eden
Genesis 2:9 God makes plants grow
Genesis 2:19 God creates animals
Genesis 2 Man first, then plants, then animals.

The plants were already there before He created man. Do you see any man created before this verse? It specifically says there was no man there, but the plants were there. In Genesis 2:7 we see God creating man:

Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul

So, no, the plants were not there before man. What we see is that God, after creating all of the plants, specifically "planted" the Garden of Eden:

The trees that are growing are the trees in the Garden of Eden as we see in the next verse:

Genesis 2:9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

We see the same thing happening in Genesis 2:19

Genesis 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

The animals, as the plants, are created in the context of the garden. So here is the true timeline:

Genesis 1:20-25 God creates animals.

Genesis 2:5 Plants were already there
Genesis 2:7-8 God creates man from dust and puts him in Eden
Genesis 2:9 God makes plants grow (in Eden)
Genesis 2:19 God creates animals (in Eden for Adam to name)

Plants, animals, man..and then plants and animals in Eden

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GenetoJean

Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Delaware
Visit site
✟18,940.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

The plants were already there before He created man. Do you see any man created before this verse? It specifically says there was no man there, but the plants were there. In Genesis 2:7 we see God creating man:

Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul

So, no, the plants were not there before man. What we see is that God, after creating all of the plants, specifically "planted" the Garden of Eden:

The trees that are growing are the trees in the Garden of Eden as we see in the next verse:

Genesis 2:9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

We see the same thing happening in Genesis 2:19

Genesis 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

The animals, as the plants, are created in the context of the garden. So here is the true timeline:

Genesis 1:20-25 God creates animals.

Genesis 2:5 Plants were already there
Genesis 2:7-8 God creates man from dust and puts him in Eden
Genesis 2:9 God makes plants grow (in Eden)
Genesis 2:19 God creates animals (in Eden for Adam to name)

Plants, animals, man..and then plants and animals in Eden

Ok, so plants and animals came to eden after man but before man outside of Eden. Ok. makes sense to me; I, at least, will stop using that. Thank you.

I still dont see in the Bible where God didn't create more people than Adam.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, so plants and animals came to eden after man but before man outside of Eden. Ok. makes sense to me; I, at least, will stop using that. Thank you.

You're welcome

I still dont see in the Bible where God didn't create more people than Adam.

The scripture says Adam is the first man:

1 Corinthians 15:45

And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

It also says all people came from one man:

Acts 17:26 And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place,

Or as it says in the KJV, one blood. If we are all of one blood and came from one man, it means we're all related to eachother. If there were other men created we couldn't be all related.

We also see that death came through the sin of Adam:

1Corinthians 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

1Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

That all die proves that all came from Adam, because death and sin came through Adam

Upvote 0

intojoy

Jun 26, 2013
✟2,069.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Tainted Scrolls said:
So I grew up in a non denominational church and that is still what I consider my faith to be...I don't know if this question falls under our beliefs but I like to ask the question anyway. I run a youtube show but do not get a lot of hits and this is why I bring it here.

PLEASE keep in mind that I am breaking everything down on a chapter by chapter basis, I did not take into account anything that was written after GEN ch.2 and these videos are not posted to be FACT, they are posted to bring up questions.

These are a few points I went over.

Genesis Chapter 2: Did God Create more than just Adam and Eve in the Beginning? - YouTube

So what do you guys think? You can discuss it here or on the youtube comments either way is fine with me.

Dumb question simple answer - no.

Upvote 0

JHM

Sep 19, 2007
✟8,273.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is referring to a "screech owl" which is not a woman but a nocturnal animal.

Isaiah 34:14 The wild beasts of the desert shall also meet with the wild beasts of the island, and the satyr shall cry to his fellow; the screech owl also shall rest there, and find for herself a place of rest.

There is no mention in the bible of "lilith", the supposed first wife of Adam which we know is an invention of Jewish mythology.

It seems that you prefer to read the least accurate translation of the Bible available. That is your perogative, though there is a price to be paid for doing so, which soon enough you will be confronted with.

Upvote 0

Vanguard PCD

Jan 27, 2013
Alabama, USA
✟16,492.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
A degree doesn't help you understand the bible.

Uhm, yes it does, especially when you study apologetics, hermeneutics, etc., and combine those with the study of ancient history, philosophy, language, etc. To say it does not help is simply absurd.

My interpretation is not based on anyones teaching, or a specific version of the bible; my interpretation is directed by the Holy Spirit.

So you can say whatever you want. How convenient. The Bible warns of false prophets. Be careful when treading on that type of ground. Occult leaders emerge claiming the same thing.

Your interpretation of Genesis is clearly informed by your belief in theistic evolution and not grounded in truth. You are letting the world interpret the scripture instead of using the scripture interpret the world. You also call yourself a Deist. How can you be a Deist and a Christian at the same time? A Deist believes that God does not interact with the world so how could He have given us His only begotten Son?

I do believe in evolution, but one that is governed by the laws of nature that God created. No, creation was not a literal 1 week period. No I do not take the Genesis account literally. The world does not interpret Scripture for me. I do my own studies, thank you very much. Furthermore I call myself a Progressive Christian Deist.

1. I believe that we have free will, and it is on that basis that God does not set us up for any type of predestination. We make our own choices, good or bad. Can He influence the world? Absolutely. Does He interfere with any choice that is made? Absolutely not. Why do bad things happen to good people? Because someone chose to do something bad, plain and simple. Jesus was sent as our savior, but that does not interfere with free will. People still have to make the CHOICE to accept and follow Him.

2. I am a Christian in that I accepted Jesus as my savior, long ago.

3. To expand on deism, it is my belief that God created the laws of nature, and the world/cosmos runs according to those laws. God does not have to be sitting at the helm, governing every little thing. In short, He invented the auto pilot.

I too, am guided by the Holy Spirit. However, I do use specific translations (NASB, YLT = top 2), I am a scholar and theologian, and my views are supported biblically, once you get past centuries of tradition and skewed KJV biases. I study both Hebrew and Greek. Every single English translation is no where near the accuracy of the source language. I also study history, and don't think for one second that parts of the Bible are not culturally or politically motivated.

:preach:

Upvote 0