Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Time is an invented human concept to measure the progress of life. To measure how many times the sun rotates around the earth. "Time" does not really exist.

It exists, we just don't have a good understanding of it.
Likely it started at the Fall of man and everything was
eternal until that point. Time is a measurement of the
deterioration of creation after man turned from God.

Upvote 0

EternalDragon

Counselor
Jul 31, 2013
✟21,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
There is a verse in Revelation that says "I was there at the Creation of God" which is Jesus speaking.

It's Jesus' way of saying "I created God" or "God manifested because of Me".

You have to remember that God has no meaning without Wisdom, so if Jesus is saying "I created God" He is saying "I have the Wisdom you need, to understand God".

Also, you should not think God is any less real because He was created by someone else, that is the power of Jesus that even something that exists only in the imagination can become real, with a life of its own.

You are misquoting scripture again. The "Amen" were the beginning of the the creation of God. It does not mean that God was created. It is talking about God creating things. (Notice the commas.)

Rev. 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

Jesus never claimed to have created God. Scripture says Jesus made everything that was made. As described in Genesis. This does not include God or himself or the holy spirit. Only the things mentioned in the creation week.

John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wondered about this often. I should know this and this title sounds like a rather dumb question, but I am not so sure. Did He create Himself? What were His origins?

He exists outside of time. So there was no "before", a process, or an "after".

Upvote 0

Skala

I'm a Saint. Not because of me, but because of Him
Mar 15, 2011
✟27,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I wondered about this often. I should know this and this title sounds like a rather dumb question, but I am not so sure. Did He create Himself? What were His origins?

It should go without saying, but the idea that a being that doesn't yet exist (since he hasn't yet created himself) can create himself is logically absurd.

That's like asking if a dying, unconscious person gave himself CPR in order to resuscitate himself.

God has always existed. That's part of what makes him holy. He is the exact opposite of creation. He's the uncreated. He is completely self sufficient within himself. He himself is the standard and origin of all things.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
At some point, what always was, was manifest.
That's it.
Everything else is an illusion created by the Devil.

The Devil destroys or twists things that have been made.
He is unable to create.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

God is not created; one of his attributes is that he can't not be. He himself is the source of all being.

Peter Kreeft explains it pretty well in his lecture on proofs of God's existence. You're interested in the First Cause argument, which starts at about 8 minutes in.

Upvote 0