Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Our commission as Christians is to raise others up into the love of Christ NOT lower others down into the fear of death
And so what fear of death did our Lord God allude to? Just imaginary or real?
Besides I do not fear my death and Jesus told us we should not. Instead we should fear what He describes MIGHT await us after our death UNLESS we inherit the Inheritance that man won for us all. And if that inheritance is a free gift, why should we attempt to view it as forced on us all?
But back to topic. What kind of Good would there be in forcing someone we claim to love to love us in return? Is that kind of love we would want?

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
2KnowHim said:
Do you really believe that man can resist The Will of God? Much less His Love? If you do then you and I know a different God. Or you have never Truly experienced either one, which is my guess. But you've been taught both by men.

You already diverted this thread to off-topic discussion on hell in response to a post from me without any of what I posted as response to previous posts being addressed by any, when what I wrote in it, that had your diverting post to argue against it with a position on it that you stated, was just using scripture for it with that very same wording in it, it shouldn't have elicited any response like that.

As far as I know for what is said here it may be so. It is believable that Yahweh God permits evil from us and our kind, and makes known that there can be redemption from that to be restored rightly to God, and there is on the other hand your belief that God, who has all the divine will being irresistible, is creating evil.

Upvote 0

2KnowHim

Dying to Live
Feb 18, 2007
✟9,953.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You already diverted this thread to off-topic discussion on hell in response to a post from me without any of what I posted as response to previous posts being addressed by any, when what I wrote in it, that had your diverting post to argue against it with a position on it that you stated, was just using scripture for it with that very same wording in it, it shouldn't have elicited any response like that.

You are the one who diverted the topic by bringing in eternal torment for those who do not have faith, which by the way is not what that says in the Greek. I simply said that the wages of sin is death not eternal torment, making a point that Christ paid that price with His own life.

As far as I know for what is said here it may be so. It is believable that Yahweh God permits evil from us and our kind, and makes known that there can be redemption from that to be restored rightly to God, and there is on the other hand your belief that God, who has all the divine will being irresistible, is creating evil.

Then you also as Dr. Bubba must reconcile the scripture that says God creates evil, and this word in the Heb. is Ra. which is not calamity as some would see it, but means evil.

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
He also says:
Deu 32:39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

Upvote 0

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Hillsage, 2knowhim and others in defense of Universal Reconciliation (UR), have argued that God created evil.

I have defended the traditional orthodox view that God is All Good and maintain that one cannot say that God is All Good and believe He creates the opposite. Certainly evil is a part of our reality, but it directly caused by the acts of God's creatures rather than God Himself. The only thing one can say God did in that regard is to give those creatures (angels and us) the freedom to love Him or not. It would be the not loving All Good which brings evil from purely a potential to reality.

God did not himself create anything originally in an evil state, but rather, appointed for certain things that he created originally in a state of righteousness to then become evil. The certain things became evil because a certain COMMAND was given, both to angels and man, and angels BROKE their command and abandoned their abode (as it is said somewhere in the new testatment), and man also broke their command to not eat of the forbidden fruit. So in breaking their respective COMMANDS, they were then made evil, and from them has stemmed the evil that has befallen the world.

Upvote 0

2KnowHim

Dying to Live
Feb 18, 2007
✟9,953.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God did not himself create anything originally in an evil state, but rather, appointed for certain things that he created originally in a state of righteousness to then become evil. The certain things became evil because a certain COMMAND was given, both to angels and man, and angels BROKE their command and abandoned their abode (as it is said somewhere in the new testatment), and man also broke their command to not eat of the forbidden fruit. So in breaking their respective COMMANDS, they were then made evil, and from them has stemmed the evil that has befallen the world.

Righteousness does NOT become evil, Christ Jesus is The Righteousness of God.

Upvote 0

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Righteousness does NOT become evil, Christ Jesus is The Righteousness of God.

Hence why I said "certain things" became evil. Clearly Jesus Christ never sinned, and also a host of holy angels have remained faithful.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
I did not declare my self a winner of anything. Google FAIL on the internet. The point in saying that was not that I had won anything, but that you had failed to make my a point by grossly distorting the orthodox view in order to attack what you had created. King of like a knight attaching windmills. Attacking a windmill is a not making a rebuttal, it is a FAIL.
What you are referring to is called a "straw man".
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...tfvbwUw1l86uxmwHw&sig2=nuixSllwA0tFYkA6hdlO-w

Upvote 0