Did Anti-Catholics make this up?

CanIHunt

Oct 1, 2013
✟8,008.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am reading a website that says the line below from Vatican II proves Catholic's worship Mary and are in violation of the scripture. I see no example of this in my online searches of Vatican II text. When i google this phrase, I only find links to Anti-Catholic pages. Can someone help me figure out if this is actually in the text of Vatican II?

Vatican Council II, p. 420, find this

" . . . when she [Mary] is the subject of preaching and worship she prompts the faithful to come to her Son . . .

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟572,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am reading a website that says the line below from Vatican II proves Catholic's worship Mary and are in violation of the scripture. I see no example of this in my online searches of Vatican II text. When i google this phrase, I only find links to Anti-Catholic pages. Can someone help me figure out if this is actually in the text of Vatican II?

Vatican Council II, p. 420, find this

" . . . when she [Mary] is the subject of preaching and worship she prompts the faithful to come to her Son . . .

I found it in Lumen Gentium, paragraph 65.

Dogmatic Constitution on the Church - Lumen Gentium

The pertinent sentence is translated into English on this official site as,

"For Mary, who since her entry into salvation history unites in herself and re-echoes the greatest teachings of the faith as she is proclaimed and venerated, calls the faithful to her Son and His sacrifice and to the love of the Father."

Upvote 0