• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

DID and God

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
We have DID and we have many questions for God about it. Hope it is OK to ask about stuff here to. We wonder what God will think of us because of the trauma that caused our DID and C PTSD. It is hard feeling so dirty from stuff that happened to us.

As I understand it, we are not responsible for what happened to us. It is not our fault, and therefore God does not blame us for it. He loves us.

We may feel dirty; he does not see us that way.

Reactions: KayJoy
Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I see. I always wondered if I had that vs transgender, but I have no missing time.

There is not always missing time. But you would need to be properly assessed; it is in the nature of DID to hide itself; most people who have it will not realise.

Reactions: KayJoy
Upvote 0

Inthesafeplace

Jun 20, 2015
✟7,859.00
Marital Status
Single
May I ask what makes you think you are transgender (not trying to challenge, just want to know)?
I'm asking because some people with DID have alters that are of the opposite sex so that could contribute to the transgender thing for some people. That's just an idea. Correct me if I'm wrong. God isn't disgusted. He knows all the details of what happened. It's not your fault. What happened to you doesn't defile you that God would get grossed out. The thing that grosses God out is the injustice. Even then, he knows why. God is love and love wouldn't find a survivor disgusting. Sometimes it's hard to get our hearts to believe this. Ask God to show you what he thinks of you, but I really suggest checking the bible out because that shows God's character. In the bible God does rebuke some people, but remember, "A bruised reed shall he not break..." Isaiah 42:3. He is going to be gentle with you because of what's happened. Sometimes we all need to be told what's up, but that's usually when we have hardened out hearts and have willfully chosen to not listen to God that he really says something one might find harsh. Jesus called the Pharisees a broad of vipers because they lead the people away from God to legalism and refused to repent after being warned several times. He isn't going to call you something harsh. He isn't going to crush fragile glass

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums