Dec 26, 2015
Here and now
✟19,720.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
dhs_0.jpg

Amid the chaos of the 2009 holiday travel season, jihadists planned to slaughter 290 innocent travelers on a Christmas Day flight from the Netherlands to Detroit, Michigan. Twenty-three-year old Nigerian Muslim Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab intended to detonate Northwest Airlines Flight 253, but the explosives in his underwear malfunctioned and brave passengers subdued him until he could be arrested. The graphic and traumatic defeat they planned for the United States failed, that time.

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
The United States Department of Homeland Security is only thirteen years old. I wonder how he worked for them two years before they were formed. Those tiny little lies are just what Philip Haney has been doing for years and because of those little inconsistencies, no one in DHS has taken him seriously for quite some time now..

I never received any memo to delete or change info about terrorist contacts in 2009. I also retired from DHS but I’m not blacklisted or crying because I messed up and dropped the ball and trying to blame someone else for my mistakes. I Retained my security clearance, he did not.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
The DHS, established in 2002, is a combination of twenty two different federal departments and agencies into a unified, integrated cabinet agency. This is something I guarantee Philip Haney knows.
From the article…

“Haney worked at the Department of Homeland Security for 15 years.”

Reactions: stage five
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The United States Department of Homeland Security is only thirteen years old. I wonder how he worked for them two years before they were formed. Those tiny little lies are just what Philip Haney has been doing for years and because of those little inconsistencies, no one in DHS has taken him seriously for quite some time now..

I never received any memo to delete or change info about terrorist contacts in 2009. I also retired from DHS but I’m not blacklisted or crying because I messed up and dropped the ball and trying to blame someone else for my mistakes. I Retained my security clearance, he did not.

OK, sounds good, except why should I expect you to receive the same scrub order?

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
OK, sounds good, except why should I expect you to receive the same scrub order?
Scrubbing Muslims with terror ties? You think only one person keeps track of that?
2009-2010 I was in Bahrain. Some of what I did involved Muslims with terror ties.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Scrubbing Muslims with terror ties? You think only one person keeps track of that?
2009-2010 I was in Bahrain. Some of what I did involved Muslims with terror ties.
I not only think that not only one keeps track, I also do not think only two do, but I still have no reason to believe you would be included. In fact, it sounds like the kind of order that would be given to trusted insiders, not patriots.

I'm sure you know more about than I, and except for this one detail, I would assign you more credibility.

I believe in the existence of a "deep state" or "cabal" within and across many overt states, formed by "global elites", but I think Obama is getting scapegoated for deep state policies he's forced to execute.

So I won't be disappointed if you tar and tinfoil hat me for that and choose to ignore me, but I certainly appreciate you speaking up.

Upvote 0

myownmynativeland

Jan 10, 2016
USA
✟8,565.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Well so you say. We should believe you because?

Upvote 0

Blondepudding

Who Sprinkled You With Grumpy Dust?
Dec 26, 2015
Here and now
✟19,720.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
From the article…

“Haney worked at the Department of Homeland Security for 15 years.”
Yes, I know. I posted the article so you may be assured I read it.

What you appear to ignore is this fact:The DHS, is a combination of twenty two different federal departments and agencies into a unified, integrated cabinet agency.

Mr. Haney worked for U.S Customs and Border Protection prior to that agency being one of the 22 that combined to become the unified integrated cabinet agency that is the DHS.

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The graphic and traumatic defeat they planned for the United States failed, that time.
No one should be surprised that the present administration of the USA favors terrorists over anti-terrorists. Only a major change in the government and a rescinding of all the anti-American executive orders of the POTUS will restore sanity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No one should be surprised that the present administration of the USA favors terrorists over anti-terrorists. Only a major change in the government and a rescinding of all the anti-American executive orders of the POTUS will restore sanity.
No it won't. We have to rescue government from corporate interests so that it will no longer be the truth that:

We have the best government money can buy.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I not only think that not only one keeps track, I also do not think only two do, but I still have no reason to believe you would be included. In fact, it sounds like the kind of order that would be given to trusted insiders, not patriots.

I'm sure you know more about than I, and except for this one detail, I would assign you more credibility.

I believe in the existence of a "deep state" or "cabal" within and across many overt states, formed by "global elites", but I think Obama is getting scapegoated for deep state policies he's forced to execute.

So I won't be disappointed if you tar and tinfoil hat me for that and choose to ignore me, but I certainly appreciate you speaking up.

I know, Jews that Arabic speakers should not be trusted if they also speak French.

And a guy on the front lines is much less believable than a guy at the port of Atlanta (Atlanta airport).

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

What you appear to ignore is this fact:The DHS, is a combination of twenty two different federal departments and agencies into a unified, integrated cabinet agency.

Mr. Haney worked for U.S Customs and Border Protection prior to that agency being one of the 22 that combined to become the unified integrated cabinet agency that is the DHS.
That still adds up to a mis-statement, which is significantly different than "a little lie".
Thank you for clarity.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

Oh, I know. And I was there when Tom Ridge handed out the cute little brass DHS pins.

qxrims.jpg

210lg0m.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Some people with DHS play partisan politics and some actually care about and defend the United States of America. I do not care for Obama and I did not care for Bush. What I did care about was keeping 320 million people safe and I contributed a little in doing so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know, Jews that Arabic speakers should not be trusted if they also speak French.

And a guy on the front lines is much less believable than a guy at the port of Atlanta (Atlanta airport).
Sorry... I am not equipped to decipher this.
Please spell it out for me. I trust you have information important to us all.

Reactions: Blondepudding
Upvote 0

Blondepudding

Dec 26, 2015
Here and now
✟19,720.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
A DHS whistleblower’s shocking letter to Congress
In an open letter to members of Congress, retired DHS employee Philip Haney says that, under pressure from the Department of State, his superiors closed down his work on terrorist outfits with which the San Bernardino murderers — Sayed Farook and Tashfeen Malif — were affiliated. According to Haney, if this work had not been shut down, the Sen Bernardino killings might have been prevented.

15 December, 2015

An Open Letter to Members of Congress:

In the aftermath of the most devastating and lethal jihadist attack in the United States since 9/11, Americans are rightly angry their government will not face the problem of Islamic terrorism honestly. I know this first hand.

During my 13 years at the Department of Homeland Security, I worked tirelessly to identify and prevent terrorism in the United States. As a recognized “founding member” of DHS, it was among my responsibilities to raise concern, not only about the individuals primed for imminent attack, but about the networks and ideological support that makes those terrorist attacks possible.

I investigated numerous groups such as the Deobandi Movement, Tablighi Jamaat, and al Huda as their members traveled into and out of the United States in the course of my work. Many were traveling on the visa waiver program, which minimizes the checks and balances due to agreements with the countries involved. But the scrutiny we were authorized to apply was having results. This investigation could possibly have prevented the San Bernardino jihadist attack by identifying its perpetrators, Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik, based on their associations with these groups.

Almost a year into this investigation, it was halted by the State Department and the DHS Office of Civil Rights and Civil Liberties. They not only stopped us from connecting more dots, the records of our targets were deleted from the shared DHS database. The combination of Farook’s involvement with the Dar Al Uloom Al Islamiyah Mosque and Malik’s attendance at al Huda would have indicated, at minimum, an urgent need for comprehensive screening. Instead, Malik was able to avoid serious vetting upon entering the United States on a fiancé visa and more than a dozen Americans are dead as a result.

The investigation was not stopped because it was ineffective, it was stopped because the Administration told us the civil rights of the foreign nationals we were investigating could be violated. When did foreign nationals gain civil rights in the United States, especially when they are associated with groups we already know are involved in terrorist activity? Based on what I have seen in the Department of Homeland Security, I no longer have the confidence this administration can adequately vet or screen refugees or immigrants from Islamic countries.

I took my story to the American people last week. Remarkably this week, DHS’ former acting under secretary for intelligence and analysis, John Cohen, told ABC News that under the direction of DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson, potential immigrants’ social media activity was off limits to those responsible for screening.

Just as they did when they halted my investigation in 2012 which could have provided key intelligence and potentially saved over a dozen lives DHS described a potential “civil liberties backlash” if the law enforcement officals tasked with keeping our country secure did the checks on potential travelers, immigrants and refugees. Parents checking on someone their child may be dating look at social media, but our law enforcement officials can’t?

This administration has a deadly blind spot when it comes to Islamic terrorism. It is not willing to allow proper vetting and screening of refugees or immigrants from Islamic countries; Congress must take action to defend the security of the American people.

I understand the desire to welcome as many immigrants and refugees as possible, especially those fleeing dangerous conflict zones. However, this administration has handcuffed law enforcement officials tasked with vetting these individuals appropriately and that places the American people in danger.

Philip B. Haney DHS, Customs & Border Protection Officer (ret).

(Emphasis added)

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Sorry... I am not equipped to decipher this.
Please spell it out for me. I trust you have information important to us all.

I received no orders to conceal or hide data from Obama or anyone in the Department of Homeland Security. If anything we were told to find more. Mr. Hanley was at the Atlanta airport looking for drugs, smuggled animals and smuggled plants/foodstuffs. He was still doing a customs job. I was in Bahrain examining information taken from dhows (boats) in the Persian Gulf.

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

Blondepudding

Dec 26, 2015
Here and now
✟19,720.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
That still adds up to a mis-statement, which is significantly different than "a little lie".
Thank you for clarity.
It is not a mis-statement nor a little lie. And I hope readers here consider that despite allegations there is no credibility to attempt to impugn the career of Mr. Haney.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is not a mis-statement nor a little lie.
If the dept did not exist, he only worked for a component of what became the DHS.
It was apparently not a little lie, but was obviously (to me ) at least a mis-statement, I will conclude with charity towards the author and subject.

Upvote 0