Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
http://www.wgal.com/news/13889770/detail.html

Newslink said:
ELKO, Nev. -- He might have been keeping the peace, but a Nevada sheriff's deputy may have some work to do ensuring domestic tranquility after pulling over another deputy -- who also happens to be his wife. Jail deputy and 11-year veteran Charlotte Moore was charged with driving under the influence after being pulled over by her husband, Elko County Sheriff's Deputy Mike Moore. A published report says the woman allegedly drove off before she could be given a breathalyzer test. Her deputy husband pulled her over again and called the Elko Police Department for backup. Charlotte Moore is now on paid administrative leave. The Elko Daily Free Press quoted county Undersheriff Rocky Gonzalez as saying Mike Moore was following procedure when he asked for backup. Charlotte Moore reportedly had been drinking during a downtown business group's wine walk.

EbonNelumbo

Hope is a waking dream-Aristotle
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2004
Oregon City, Oregon
Visit site
✟33,816.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Someone just got the upper hand in the divorce proceedings.

Yup.

It's very odd that the man would pull over his wife knowing what type of vehicle they drive...while what she was doing was inherently stupid, I find many alternatives which could have circumvented going to jail and possibly losing her deputy status, not to mention, the marriage.

To do this, it sounds like the man was angry and didn't wish to try to get his wife help, instead just took the "it's my job, lady" approach...

I didn't know "To Protect and Serve" came before the vows to "Honor and Cherish."

Upvote 0

MichaelFJF

Nov 13, 2002
Utah
✟12,597.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I don't care who you are, you don't drive off when you're told to take a breathalyzer test. If he pulled her over out of spite, he should be punished. If however she was drunk, he did exactly what he should have, marriage or not. Period.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

naotmaa

me!
Feb 2, 2004
✟17,057.00
Faith
Seeker
Politics
US-Democrat
wow that must have been awkward.
It's very odd that the man would pull over his wife knowing what type of vehicle they drive...while what she was doing was inherently stupid, I find many alternatives which could have circumvented going to jail and possibly losing her deputy status, not to mention, the marriage.

Well, she was driving drunk so there is a good chance she may have been driving...poorly. It wasn't only an inheritantly stupid thing to do but very dangerous. Her husband was right in pulling her over. By doing so, he protected his wife and everyone else who would be on the road.

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Yup.

To do this, it sounds like the man was angry and didn't wish to try to get his wife help, instead just took the "it's my job, lady" approach...

I didn't know "To Protect and Serve" came before the vows to "Honor and Cherish."

Wasn't she leaving a business wine meeting? If she's not a businesswoman and her husband is a cop too... What was she doing there in the first place?

Upvote 0

Foolish_Fool

Wanderer
Jun 3, 2006
Here
✟19,855.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I agree that he shouldn't cut her any slack. If he had caught her shop lifting should he just let her take the stuff and go? Being an enabler doesn't help the problem.

Granted, I wouldn't want to be him when she gets home. Learn to sleep with one eye open pal, she's never going to forget this.

Upvote 0