• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Depression with psychosis

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So I just got put on a new medication for the hallucinations I have. I hope they help. Schitzophrenia runs into the family but I am not there yet, so hopefully it doesn't go there!!! But, if it does at least I am on top of things. I am keeping a good eye on everything.

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
so far, I feel a little better, but still am seeing things. Ill see cars behind me that aren't there when I look back. It will be an empty road. I will see shadows run past me, and I will see hands on the door going down, one of these at church, like claws. It has just gotten weird. but the meds are still new and she wants to raise me up once it gets in my system. It just scares me sometimes, but God has got me through so much so He will help me with this new trial. I pray for you too detachment.

Upvote 0

Jacob Jilg

Feb 19, 2015
Nebraska
✟8,016.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I tried to get my new doctor to put me back on Wellbutrin for the lethargy, stifled creativity, sedation, weight gain (pretty much depression) that I get from my anti-psychotic shot (Invega Sustenna 117m) and he was against it.

When I was on Wellbutrin it helped me to quit smoking and lose a bunch of weight, but the new doctor is pretty much worried about my sleep patterns.

It also didn't help that my support worker leaked what I told her about waking up still dreaming and seeing a person standing at the head of my bed with a knife a few weeks ago. I've tried to keep symptoms secret ever since I've learned that I get in trouble with certain doctors go overkill with the meds if they find out I'm having the slightest bit of trouble.

Wellbutrin would probably make the hallucinations worse because it promotes dopamine while the shot block it. Sometimes a med isn't always the answer.

I had a doctor, who was really just a nurse practitioner, which is allowed to prescribe meds. And in every appointment the two things he always told me I needed was daily vitamins and spirituality. He told me prayer helps his patients more than one might expect. Only doctor who ever told me that.

I guess that's on topic.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
thanks ya'll the doctor put me on abilify. I am out now so seeing a few strange things but I should be getting more meds in a few days. Im on samples now, so it is hard to see when Im low since they are in a box. :p

I saw a hand and arm on the back of this girl's head and no one was there, and I kept hearing the door at the bottom of the stairs being knocked on so I ran down without my shoes to answer it and no one was there. grrrrr. Im learning to laugh about it. What else can I do? just glad the meds help because it does get a bit creepy after awhile. it is "corner of the eye" things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

muarader64

Oct 24, 2008
✟7,746.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I use to have symptoms as such.....seeing black shadowy figures fighting on my TV screen out of the corner of my eye and hearing loud "SNAPS"(like, electricity sounds) that would startle me, coming from different objects ........I was also put on abilify by a prior psychiatrist.....and eventually, those things stopped. Of course other, new, worse things popped up in it's place, but I'm doing OK now........currently still on abilify and sertraline. May God help us all.

Upvote 0