Manhattan, KS
✟188,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bro, I can tell you from personal experience to just keep your eyes, heart, and mind trained and COMPLETELY FOCUSED on Christ. The second you feel like you are okay, is the second you are must vulnerable. Always keep your weakness in the forefront of your thoughts, for if you do this, you will always trust, depend, and rely upon Jesus. I'm praying for you man! Awesome testimony!

Upvote 0

dcalling

Jan 31, 2014
✟107,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
is this even possible? I once watched a YouTube video of a guy who is gay, angry at his family (they are Christians), became a drug dealer, later got caught, then found he got aids, but some how found god again and became a pastor. He repented his sins but never mentioned if he is still gay or not.

just wondering if it is a natural condition that can be reversed.

Upvote 0

FriendOfJesus916

Continuing to be Remade
Dec 14, 2013
✟7,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
is this even possible? I once watched a YouTube video of a guy who is gay, angry at his family (they are Christians), became a drug dealer, later got caught, then found he got aids, but some how found god again and became a pastor. He repented his sins but never mentioned if he is still gay or not.

just wondering if it is a natural condition that can be reversed.
It is possible to remain abstinent and refuse your urges but it isn't possible to lose the attraction without a miracle of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was just re-delivered from Homosexuality. I was clean for two years and fell from grace, but now I'm back and I'm returning to my old faith of pentecostalism.

praise God he is so good . keep beleiving ..keep being honest before the lord

i ws delivered from sexual immorality and lust and inappropriate content addiction..

FULLY wonderfully absolutely by the power of the lord JEsus and his spiirt at work in me as i learned to simply trust him and obey the Holy Spirt .
it went from an all consuming torment ..to a place of absolute peace free from the power of the sin of sexual immorality -it is what JESUS CAME TO DO :clap::clap: set us FREE ..not leave us wallowing in struggle making excuses for ourselves .

SOME people think lust toward the same sex is some how worse or more difficult to over come .. that is rubbish .it is all sexual immorality and JESUS came to set us free from sin and the death it results in.

God bless you for sharing .. don't ever stop walking forward by obedience to the Holy Spirit ..into the promise of life in Christ that you have obtained by faith and HE (not us) now desires to make that new life manifest in you.. :D:D

Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Praise God, Jeremy!

Remember, grace is used in multiple ways in the New Testament. Sometimes it means the unmerited favor, the ability to go boldly to Father God's throne to receive mercy in our time of failure and need.

Other times, however, it's Paul uses it to express an "enabling power" God will bestow upon anyone who asks for it. This will empower you to overcome temptations to sin with same sex activity.

Lastly, I encourage you not to grow weary in the battle. It's not a sin when Satan brings a same-sex attraction to your mind, but if you don't take it captive it can become sin. Fight the good fight, call upon Father God for the enabling grace power to overcome the sin and help keep your heart pure before Him, and praise God all the time for the work He is doing in you.

Welcome back to the fold, brother! :groupray:

Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
SOME people think lust toward the same sex is some how worse or more difficult to over come .. that is rubbish .it is all sexual immorality and JESUS came to set us free from sin and the death it results in.

Yes, this is a good point. We all have our race to run. God's ways are all the same for all of us, whether we're attracted to the opposite or the same sex.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was just re-delivered from Homosexuality. I was clean for two years and fell from grace, but now I'm back and I'm returning to my old faith of pentecostalism.

Wow! :clap::clap: Your old nature died with Christ, He set me free from immorality too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums