BeutifultoGod

Mar 5, 2016
USA
✟8,495.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Has anyone been to one? How was your experience there? Does anyone know one in the Chicago area or suburbs?

The reason why I am asking because I really need some help. My mind feels tormented and I am suffering with somethings. I am looking for help but I cannot find any and most people do not know about deliverance. I want a in person deliverance minister because there are some strongholds I need help with and my faith in Christ. It can be hard to read my bible, pray, worship, work, sleep and I am always so tired. Plus I suffer with self-esteem issues, fear, panic attacks and depression. It is only getting worse. I need someone strong in the Lord to help me and I am willing to get the help I need. I just need someone to listen. Please I pray someone can help me. I have no car or drivers license and my family thinks I am crazy. I want my peace of mind back and joy. I want to enjoy life and not only that have a true intimate relationship with Christ and know the truth. I have prayed and prayed and I am still going through the same stuff. Enough is enough. I want my life back.
I was never really taught about demons or the spiritual world and how they torment people. I believe they do. I guess from me sinning and things like that I have made myself worse. Even when I pray I still feel condemned and guilty. Like God is still mad at me. Please do not tell me to read and pray because like I said it is hard to do and it is hard to hear from God.
Thanks for listening. :) I would really love some help please. My money is kinda low too but whatever can happen can happen.

Reactions: Razare

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Because it violates forum rules, we cannot do "online deliverance" or provide instructions for a DIY job. So the following is not related to the demon issue you mentioned.
However, I used to suffer from depression and intense inner torment. One thing that really helped me get away from that was to see blame as a false premise for thinking and feeling, I'll leave out my scriptural reasoning at your request. When I look at God I remember the beginning, everything was perfect but when problems started to arise ... we began to blame one another and everything but ourselves ... shortly after we just couldn't see God or that perfect world anymore so then we blamed ourselves and each other for "not being good enough" when it was blame as a mentality that distorted our vision of the creation.
This takes a while but, my recommendation is to cut down on the blame and self condemnation and work on the discipline of being merciful to yourself.
I'll remember you when I pray. Bless.

Reactions: BeutifultoGod
Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
First understand that God is not mad at you. He loves you very, very much.

Next lets deal with the basic issue of this. Are you sure that your are saved or do you have doubts about that.

The only way anyone that has doubts, and the devil will put those thoughts of doubt in every person's mind that gets saved/born again.

The only way anyone that has doubts will get past those doubts is by having written assurance they can read and see for themselves that they are saved/born again.

That assurance only comes from what is written in the Bible. This is what is written.

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. KJV

Notice the last four words, "thou shalt be saved".

If any person does what this scripture says the scripture says that they are saved. Not may be, not could be, not some are saved.

If any person does what the scripture says they are saved and you are not an exception.

Should you have doubts there then read that verse over and over realizing that God does not lie, His word is truth, and you will come to the place that those doubts will be overcome.

Next let talk a little about thoughts. Thoughts are the major way that the devil and his bunch use to influence people.

Because most Christians don't know that they are easily hindered, held back, slowed down and even defeated, just with thoughts.

By the way when I use the word "Christian", I am speaking about a person who is saved/born again as defined in Rom 10:9.

Every thought that comes into your head is not your thoughts. You did not originate them, especially those that are designed to make you think less of yourself than you should.

Those thoughts that pull you down in one way or another, that attempt to strip hope away,

Those thoughts that bring fear and escalate into panic attacks.

Those thoughts that will continue when not stopped which lead to depression.

Start paying attention to the thoughts that you have from a new platform.

That platform being one on which you stand having authority over what thoughts are allowed to be received and what thoughts that will be immediately rejected.

Any and every thought that tears down, puts down, condemns, brings fear, depresses you, etc., immediately reject as a thought that is not yours, will not be received, thought about, an cast it out of your thinking.

If you are receiving this and it begins to help, we can continue talking.

Let me know.

Meantime also understand that you are valuable and precious, not worthless. Ask me how I know and I will tell you.:)

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟249,501.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
There is one on one deliverance ministry which is different to exorcism, and group deliverance ministry. There is local deliverance ministry and itinerant pastor ministry.

It can be done by a para church or church. Like ELLEL Ministries or Elijah House.

I think if I were you, I'd think about my symptoms the patterns, and name them. Use some psychology. And instead of deliverance ministry, I'd opt for the promises in the Bible, about believing in Jesus for salvation, and the oil of joy for mourning, and a great one, the anointing breaks the yoke of bondage, and about receiving living water, and regarding the power in the blood of Jesus. Work up a hunger for impartation of the blood the Holy Spirit... freedom, healing, health and happiness. The truth will set you free, and whom the son sets free is free indeed.

We hear testimonies of burdens being lifted as in a river of Jesus' blood or living water and floating away.

The anointing can make us stronger with laughter or come upon the spirit and break off the yoke of bondage.

Living water can set people free from depression, I heard one such testimony.

You can be set free one symptom at a time or all at once.

God can give you words of knowledge from intercessors laying on hands. And give you personal guidance and promises. And you can get them at home in prayer after you receive that gift.

I think Elijah House may have a branch in your area.

Upvote 0

Leon C. Essex

Oct 6, 2015
✟8,349.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The reason why I am asking because I really need some help. My mind feels tormented and I am suffering with somethings. I am looking for help but I cannot find any and most people do not know about deliverance. I want a in person deliverance minister because there are some strongholds I need help with and my faith in Christ. It can be hard to read my bible, pray, worship, work, sleep and I am always so tired. Plus I suffer with self-esteem issues, fear, panic attacks and depression. It is only getting worse. I need someone strong in the Lord to help me and I am willing to get the help I need. I just need someone to listen. Please I pray someone can help me. I have no car or drivers license and my family thinks I am crazy. I want my peace of mind back and joy. I want to enjoy life and not only that have a true intimate relationship with Christ and know the truth. I have prayed and prayed and I am still going through the same stuff. Enough is enough. I want my life back.
I was never really taught about demons or the spiritual world and how they torment people. I believe they do. I guess from me sinning and things like that I have made myself worse. Even when I pray I still feel condemned and guilty. Like God is still mad at me. Please do not tell me to read and pray because like I said it is hard to do and it is hard to hear from God.
Thanks for listening. :) I would really love some help please. My money is kinda low too but whatever can happen can happen.

I'm really sorry to hear about those issues. Those kinds of things often have a terrible impact on people - Christians and non-Christians alike. From my own struggles, I have come to the conclusion that God will either intervene directly, or he will enable me to cope with such difficulties. For myself, I see my capacity to overcome as a function of my relationship with God: he may sometimes allow me to live with whatever 'thorn in the flesh', but his grace is more than sufficient!

You mention deliverance. Perhaps a prudent starting point, would be to explore the validity and usefulness of deliverance ministry . Is it something that could actually help you? Does it really have a genuine scriptural mandate….or are the origins of deliverance much more recent? Of course, exorcism itself is biblical – there are numerous accounts of people having demons removed. With the exception of the disciples’ failure, all seem to have been instantaneous. Also with a single exception, no-one is recorded as ever asking one of these entities to identify itself by name – and even then, no explanation is given for Christ’s enquiry. Nor is there the slightest suggestion that any of Christ’s followers ever needed exorcism. After all, one could hardly expect the Holy Spirit of God to effectively cohabit with a demon inside a human host. All that said, if deliverance ministry was merely the rare but immediate expulsion of demons – who were (for want of a better expression) possessing non-Christian victims – then it would indeed have a biblical precedent.

But deliverance ministry is not like that at all. It is mostly carried out on professing Christians – and it is carried out on an industrial scale. There can be few (if any) areas of life or endeavour in which demons have not been blamed for exerting a malign influence….and practitioners of ‘deliverance ministry’ are only too happy to cast out the culprits. Unlike in our biblical accounts, the vast majority of their clients will actually be Christians – who may just have some besetting issue or another. They are unlikely to exhibit any symptom which a reasonable person might assume indicated demonization. Naturally, those practitioners who recognise there is a credibility gap with their ministry – both in terms of the symptoms afflicting their client base, and the fact that those same clients are drawn from people who should only have the Holy Spirit living within them – offer us the concept of oppression rather than possession, in an attempt to bridge that gap.

Is there any scriptural support for the idea of demonic oppression? Well, not much – and none at all which would necessitate a deliverance ministry. The closest we come to ‘oppression’ in the bible, would be Saul in the OT, and Paul’s ‘messenger of Satan’ in the new. In both cases, God was entirely happy with the respective situations – no deliverance required!

That whole area of deliverance ministry for Christians appears to be a relatively modern phenomena, and it is difficult to find a single verse of scripture to support it. We are asked to believe three things: first, that God will engage in joint occupancy with a demon – despite his holiness. Second, that God was entirely willing for countless generations of Christians to be handicapped or crippled by demonic activity, for the want of revealing a process to rectify that – a situation which prevailed right up until he relented in the 20th Century when gave us Christian deliverance! Thirdly, that God would somehow not even hint at the need for deliverance in his word, which - if true – would be of paramount importance to his church. I cannot believe any of those things, not least because they are inconsistent with the revealed nature of God.

I don’t want to get into speculation about the motives of deliverance practitioners. I’m sure many of them genuinely believe this stuff, despite the lack of scriptural mandate. I guess they take on board things from books, conferences and teachers, rather than check it out with the source. One of the many problems caused by deliverance ministry, is that it so often becomes a substitute for repentance. I personally know of a lady who has been receiving this ‘ministry’ for a number of years, when she actually just needs to stop sinning. But of course, if the devil is making her do it – then she can carry on until his agent is expelled from her life.

I think some of the confusion arises from misunderstandings over ‘spiritual warfare’, which has been somewhat hijacked by the deliverance lobby. (Other manifestations of their version, may include casting demons out of inanimate objects, and “spiritual mapping”: both of these rituals have been extrapolated from tiny snippets of scripture, that have been misunderstood and misapplied.) But young Christians are sometimes not encouraged or empowered to lift the shield of faith to protect themselves against ‘the flaming arrows’ – they are told (effectively) that the arrows have already hit them, and must be removed. My personal perception, is that the lack of serious bible-study and discipleship have allowed such ideas to take root.

Eisegesis is hardly unique, and this not the first time a raft of rituals has been launched upon it. Misinterpretation is not the unforgivable sin, even for those whose motivation may be questionable. But deliverance ministry for Christians may indeed sometimes become a substitute or repentance, and may also work against a better understanding of concepts like “ the armour of God”. Does it mitigate against Christians seeking and finding God's amazing grace in their suffering - as Paul the apostle did? It may also be fair to say that any attempt to influence the spiritual realm by the employment of rituals which lack a scriptural mandate may be properly considered as superstition….even if such rituals may have a biblical precedent for other uses. As a brief example, the exorcism of the Gaderene demoniac has no connection with a modern Christian who struggles with tobacco addiction: the problem is not remotely similar, and nor is the solution.

And so I guess the questions become, has God really left us Christians at the mercy of demons, until we employ some word formula to remove them? Do we have to supplement the Holy Spirit and the armour of God with rituals, to free ourselves from oppression? Are our issues even slightly reminiscent of those suffered by biblical characters who had demons cast out, and – if not – why should the solution be similar? And if oppression (for which ‘casting-out’ was appropriate) was unknown in biblical times, why is it an industrial strength issue now?

I hope you find the answers you seek, and relief for the problems you mentioned.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Has anyone been to one? How was your experience there? Does anyone know one in the Chicago area or suburbs?

sometimes we have to ask the obvious questions to clarify things ..

have you repented to god (changed your mind and thinking to turn toward god and walk in obedience agreeing with his word and showing you do by how you live ) have you been baptised into the death of chrsit in FAITH that he might raise you up again a new creature IN HIM ?

there is no delivernce ministry in scriptures . deliverance in all form begins with being delivered from our SIN .that's what we are saved from .
its not too much point seeking delivernce without first seeking salvation from sin..for all delivernce begins and ends in Christ JEsus

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟154,100.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Bible says (James) "Submit to God; resist the devil, and he will flee from you." Many of us go through times when we feel like the devil is attacking us, and when we feel unworthy of God's ear. What helps is to know God's promises, and to take a stand against spiritual and psychological attacks, but we must believe those promises in order to do that. Biblical faith is an unwavering trust in what God says. For example, God says:
"I will never leave you" - trust that God is always with you no matter what.
"I will cleanse you from your sin" - trust God that Christ's death on the cross makes you right with God and clears your conscience.

A low self-esteem is influenced by other people putting you down in your past, but it actually comes from you trying to make yourself look better. It is self-defeating, because it only produces a failure to make yourself look good in your own eyes. What will make your self-esteem a non-issue is to get your identity in Christ. We are "accepted in the beloved" (Eph. 1:3-6).

When you are resting in the fact of your acceptance in Christ, then you have confidence to say to that old accuser "be gone!" and he will flee, because you know the power of God is with you.

I say this because it is my experience. I have seen people involved in "deliverance ministry" who continue to struggle because their problem is not demons, but a failure to understand their relationship with God. Is it possible that God has you isolated from such "ministers" because He wants you to start to trust Him and His Word more? Memorizing scriptures is also very helpful.
TD:)

Upvote 0

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I think that a deliverance ministry should not be your first course of action because it may be easy to have a demon expelled by a pro but it is then up to you to be sure that the demon remains expelled and that, for many, is the hard part. There is a lot to this phase of the process; it depends on you knowing your authority as a believer, growing in the Word, remaining steadfast and single-minded in your pursuit, knowing about resisting the devil and being baptized in the Holy Spirit(Luke 11:13).

The scriptures below give an example of the process going wrong. Notice that the adverse effect can grow exponentially.

Matthew 12:43-45 EXB. 43 “When an ·evil [defiling; L unclean] spirit comes out of a person, it travels through ·dry [waterless; arid] places, looking for a place to rest, but it doesn’t find it. 44 So the spirit says, ‘I will go back to the house[the person] I left.’ When the spirit comes back, it finds the house still empty, swept clean, and ·made neat [put in order; fixed up]. 45 Then the evil spirit goes out and brings seven other spirits even more ·evil[wicked] than it is, and they go in and live there. So ·the person has even more trouble than before [the last state of that person is worse than the first]. ·It is the same way [So it will be] with ·the evil people who live today [this evil generation].”
Parallel Verse -- Luke 11:24-26

Upvote 0

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am in a deliverance ministry in Michigan, maybe 3 hours from Chicago. But you can find a closer deliverance ministry by going to this website: https://thelastreformation.com/

On their website, is a map of the world, with people all around the world who believe in deliverance. There are several in Chicago, so you would just contact one of them until you heard from someone who knows about what you need.

I have seen and learned that direct ministry in this capacity does a lot of good. People in our group do it every week and lives are changed by the power of God working through us in ministering to help others. It's amazing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tturt

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟789,115.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you know if they teach how to maintain deliverance? Question based on "When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. 44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. 45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation." Matt 12:43-45.

Upvote 0

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you know if they teach how to maintain deliverance? Question based on "When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. 44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. 45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation." Matt 12:43-45.

Here is what I learned.

You prevent that from happening by making Christ your lord. It prevents most of the come-back the devil attempts. Basically, yes, your house is swept clean and he could return, EXCEPT God is dwelling there now, so he's utterly defeated.

Now, I'm imagining you're talking about Christians who got demon oppression, and they can't make Christ their Lord, because they already have!

The basic steps:

- The basic steps are in Acts 2:38. All 3 steps need to be done. You need to repent to God, make Jesus your Lord, and be baptized in his name, and then receive the Holy Spirit with tongues and/or prophecy. People don't like tongue talking but if you want to keep demons out of your life, I can't see how some people could do without it. Sure, if you were raised Christian, and lived very well, and Christ is your lord and you were baptized, and never been exposed to demon stuff, maybe you get along fine without tongues. But had I not had tongues, I am not sure I would have remained Christian. Demons were just too strong in my life. For water baptism, read and implement Romans 6 into your life.

After Acts 2:38, there is also communion. Read and implement communion in your life. Christ is the bread of life. From communion, we receive the power of the atonement, and the power of Christ's life into us.

Then after this, there is also the 7 steps to complete freedom manual:

http://www.setfreeministries.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=9bunJZSoGhw=&tabid=127&mid=591

It has a chapter on maintaining the freedom.

Upvote 0

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One of the things I am not certain about in people who teach along these lines is the "destroy occult objects".

I am all for it, but I also don't believe they do anything to me specifically. Especially ones never actually used to do anything.

Like one guy we ministered to on the streets, had part of a dream weaver on his hat. The lady in our group pointed it out. I had seen it, I had considered it may mean the guy has mental strongholds related to native american upbringing... but it's just a picture on a hat. The picture in and of itself can do nothing. It's just a picture.

Symbolism means nothing, if the brain and spirit never latches onto it, to venerate it in our minds our hearts. Now, if you had an object actually used in false religious activities, yes, those objects can have what is essentially bad prayers on them. Those bad prayer objects should be gotten rid of, if not for your sake, just for the sake of others who could be exposed to it.

I think a lot of the time people just make too big of a deal about it. There are bikers who come to Christ, and while they were lost they got 666 tattoos on themselves. They just use the 666 tattoo as a ministry tool about how they're redeemed now in Christ.

I mean... for example, "destroy occult objects" would then include the US dollar bill. That pyramid thing, with an eye on it... it's of the devil FYI. Free mason junk is satanic secret organizations. But it's just on a dollar bill, who cares?

Upvote 0