Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,435.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Joan Chittister, OSB, is most eloquent in describing Republican "protect the fetus, neglect the child" policy.

I do not believe that just because you’re opposed to abortion, that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed. And why would I think that you don’t? Because you don’t want any tax money to go there.

That’s not pro-life. That’s pro-birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Make birth control unavailable + defunding or cutting programs babies and children need?

Does not compute.
Your comments are both offensive and without basis in reality. Every time a new Republican becomes president we hear claims about cuts on the elderly and the kids... but those programs only grow. It never happens, probably never will and if it does you know darn well that it will be replaced with something that might actually work. Do you REALLY THINK that republicans care more for the unborn than the born? That makes no sense... the heart for the unborn is BECAUSE of the love of life for ALL.

I hate politics!

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The Bishops have repeatedly denounced PP and the USCCB calls for its defunding on their website.

Abortion is one of, if not the, biggest political non-negotiable issues for a faithful Catholic. And that's straight from Pope Benedict himself when he was head of the CDF.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Bishops have repeatedly denounced PP and the USCCB calls for its defunding on their website.

Abortion is one of, if not the, biggest political non-negotiable issues for a faithful Catholic. And that's straight from Pope Benedict himself when he was head of the CDF.
Well said.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,435.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Defunding Planned Parenthood costs the government $500 million a year--and since none of that money ever went to abortion I guess (but with the current Congress, fat chance) it will go to fund those same services at other places.

Maybe more children will be born. I'm so glad that in 2014, after arguing with Congress for months over a farm bill, President Obama signed a bill that only cut $8.7 billion over 10 years from food stamps ($90 per month for each food stamp family). If those nice pro-life Congressmen had their way, they would have cut between $20.5 and $39 billion...

And yet, how much fanfare did we hear from the Republican Congressmen? Gosh, we sure wished we could have cut $39 billion, but we couldn't get away with it...

President Obama signs $8.7 billion food stamp cut into law

Well, I'm glad Republicans are still willing to provide for the children of the future as chintzily as they are providing for the children of today.

Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟934,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Defunding Planned Parenthood costs the government $500 million a year--and since none of that money ever went to abortion I guess (but with the current Congress, fat chance) it will go to fund those same services at other places.

Maybe more children will be born. I'm so glad that in 2014, after arguing with Congress for months over a farm bill, President Obama signed a bill that only cut $8.7 billion over 10 years from food stamps ($90 per month for each food stamp family). If those nice pro-life Congressmen had their way, they would have cut between $20.5 and $39 billion...

And yet, how much fanfare did we hear from the Republican Congressmen? Gosh, we sure wished we could have cut $39 billion, but we couldn't get away with it...

President Obama signs $8.7 billion food stamp cut into law

Well, I'm glad Republicans are still willing to provide for the children of the future as chintzily as they are providing for the children of today.
Defunding planned parenthood SAVES the government 500 million a year. And no matter how often you say it, federal money sent to PP does go toward abortions.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,435.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Let's test that out in real life.

Example: My daughter gets internet service from a cable company, but doesn't buy a TV plan because she feels she gets enough entertainment from netflix, you tube, etc.

Now you could say, "She pays money to a cable company, so the cable company is using it for television service for other people." But they're not...it's just more propaganda and fake news.

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There is no reason for tax dollars to go to PP until they stop providing abortions. They do some good work, but that is all overshadowed by the fact that they kill children. Stop killing children and I'll campaign for Federal funding. Until then I will continue to call upon my representatives to shift Federal funding for healthcare to support other providers.

• Agree
Reactions: Tallguy88
Upvote 0