Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
A parent's first priority must be the welfare of their own child.

That is simply how it is.

I agree with that but as a parent you must bring those who harm your children such as what my daughter endured to justice and to be sure that he doesn't do it to another child.

This monster must pay for his crime. My daughter doesn't even have to go into a court room and can do it closed circuit.

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It is said that what you ask in His name you shall receive. I asked for protection for my children in His name and didn't get what I asked. My trial of faith doesn't need to include my children being harmed in any way shape or form, especially when I prayed for their protection.

If this is the God that I am supposed to serve, I may need to start to reconsider serving Him.
I am so sorry, and I can honestly say the pain is deep, and there is no answer for it.

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Or like the guy who prayed there would never be a flood so he didn't acknowledge it when he was drowning as that would be a bad confession and his faith was great enough to save him.

Like the man who heard a flood was coming and said

"I'm not afraid, I have faith that God will deliver me"

His neighbors came and offered him a ride to higher ground. He said. "I'm not afraid, I have faith that God will deliver me"

The waters rose and a man in a row boat came by and offered him a lift. He replied. "I'm not afraid, I have faith that God will deliver me"

The waters rose still and he was trapped on the roof of his home. A helicopter came and he said "I'm not afraid, I have faith that God will deliver me"

Eventually he drowned and upon meeting Jesus he asked why God didn't save him.

Jesus replied, I sent your neighbors, a boat and a helicopter, what more did you want?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A parent's first priority must be the welfare of their own child.

That is simply how it is.

You are 150% wrong. You want what's best for the child, then remove the predator from street. I can't tell you how many night my daughter woke screaming because she thought he was in the house.

What kind of message are you sending the child? It's not your fault, but the monster is going free and unpunished.

The perpetrator in my daughters case is still behind bars and that brings her peace and closure. She still fears for when he gets out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boidae
Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
You are 150% wrong. You want what's best for the child, then remove the predator from street. I can't tell you how many night my daughter woke screaming because she thought hevwascin the house.

What kind of message are you sending the child? It's not your fault, but the monster is going free and unpunished.

The perpetrator in my daughters case is still behind bars and that brings her peace and closure. She still fears for when he gets out.

QFT

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree with that but as a parent you must bring those who harm your children such as what my daughter endured to justice and to be sure that he doesn't do it to another child.

This monster must pay for his crime. My daughter doesn't even have to go into a court room and can do it closed circuit.

In many jurisdictions you as the dad can go and report the incident to the police. You can explain the situation with the mom and they will conduct a full investigation. Two things here:

First it will put this slime bag in the sights of the police - they will go and question him. He might just confess.

second, the mom cannot retaliate against you because you re acting on behalf go the safety of your daughter.

I am praying for you and your family. Don't pay attention to misguided people who would say things that are not scriptural. It's like those well intentioned, but misguided people who tell the sick that if they only had enough faith, they would be made well. Sad that it is still happening.

This is what I have come to learn:

Jesus is our Lord and Savior, but He is not the god of this world, the devil is. Because we live in a fallen world, evil happens. Unregenerate mankind is capable of all manner of evil as they follow the god of this world. They desperately need Jesus.

What happened to your daughter and mine was the results of a fallen state of a man. It wasn't your lack of faith, it wasn't that God didn't answer your prayers. It happened because a man made a decision to take pleasure in molesting our daughters. That's the plain and simple truth.

It hurts our children, ourselves and our spiritual lives. How we react to it will impact our lives forever. We can return evil for evil, or seek justice and restoration. God will and has already made the path for the latter.

I'll be honest, when I first found out about it, I loaded a weapon and waited for the person. I sat just outside his home in the middle of the darkness, waiting for him to come home. It would have been easy. i would have found relief in the action, but it would have given him yet another victim - my daughter again. She would lose me.

My Brother - weep if you need to, but stay close to God! He loves you and your family more than you will ever know. You can and will get through this and be even stronger at the end.

I'm with you in prayer!

Reactions: Ajax 777
Upvote 0

Ajax 777

God is the Truth, not an opinion.
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2005
✟117,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In many jurisdictions you as the dad can go and report the incident to the police. You can explain the situation with the mom and they will conduct a full investigation. Two things here:

First it will put this slime bag in the sights of the police - they will go and question him. He might just confess.

second, the mom cannot retaliate against you because you re acting on behalf go the safety of your daughter.

I am praying for you and your family. Don't pay attention to misguided people who would say things that are not scriptural. It's like those well intentioned, but misguided people who tell the sick that if they only had enough faith, they would be made well. Sad that it is still happening.

This is what I have come to learn:

Jesus is our Lord and Savior, but He is not the god of this world, the devil is. Because we live in a fallen world, evil happens. Unregenerate mankind is capable of all manner of evil as they follow the god of this world. They desperately need Jesus.

What happened to your daughter and mine was the results of a fallen state of a man. It wasn't your lack of faith, it wasn't that God didn't answer your prayers. It happened because a man made a decision to take pleasure in molesting our daughters. That's the plain and simple truth.

It hurts our children, ourselves and our spiritual lives. How we react to it will impact our lives forever. We can return evil for evil, or seek justice and restoration. God will and has already made the path for the latter.

I'll be honest, when I first found out about it, I loaded a weapon and waited for the person. I sat just outside his home in the middle of the darkness, waiting for him to come home. It would have been easy. i would have found relief in the action, but it would have given him yet another victim - my daughter again. She would lose me.

My Brother - weep if you need to, but stay close to God! He loves you and your family more than you will ever know. You can and will get through this and be even stronger at the end.

I'm with you in prayer!

Joe, I admit that I have in times past felt and shown a degree of contempt for some of the things you've said — but with this post, you have just earned my respect.

I repent of my error, sir.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

I am sorry that happened, and it is ok question things. frog.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Like the man who heard a flood was coming and said

"I'm not afraid, I have faith that God will deliver me"

His neighbors came and offered him a ride to higher ground. He said. "I'm not afraid, I have faith that God will deliver me"

The waters rose and a man in a row boat came by and offered him a lift. He replied. "I'm not afraid, I have faith that God will deliver me"

The waters rose still and he was trapped on the roof of his home. A helicopter came and he said "I'm not afraid, I have faith that God will deliver me"

Eventually he drowned and upon meeting Jesus he asked why God didn't save him.

Jesus replied, I sent your neighbors, a boat and a helicopter, what more did you want?
That is so true, my dad once told that to me, and I always remembered it

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Joe, I admit that I have in times past felt and shown a degree of contempt for some of the things you've said — but with this post, you have just earned my respect.

I repent of my error, sir.

I am truly humbled by your post. I know I can be blunt and at times abrasive, so you might not be in error at all.

Thank you for your kindness

Reactions: Ajax 777
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Look Michael, I am in a really bad place right now and have been since I found out about my daughter. No amount of He will restore or renew or whatever will help me right now.

I am in the grieving process and am still in the anger stage about it. Certainly doesn't help when I found out that charges will not be pressed by my daughter's mother.

My faith is in the gutter currently and will be for some time.
I know..but i can only imagine.and wish such a difficult journey on no one.but a journey it is.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
My ex doesn't even let our kid go to a married friendly woman who has kids alone for fysiotherapy since he had a woman approaching him as a kid who wanted to take him with her to get raped. I had that too, but I thought this was maybe a bit too much, lol she was very offended, but there are idiots everywhere. I never let them go alone somewhere. For the rest I have no choice but to believe God for protection since having weapons is illegal here and my 7 year old is stronger than me.
Lots of things can be used as a weapon. A baseball bat, a kitchen knife, a rock, a tire iron, a can of hairspray and a lighter...there are lots of things that can be used when necessary.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lots of things can be used as a weapon. A baseball bat, a kitchen knife, a rock, a tire iron, a can of hairspray and a match...there are lots of things that can be used when necessary.
even god ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
living in the holy Spirit , experiencing his presence , his guidance ,(he only says what they father is saying.) being baptized in the holy Spirit./walking in ,having ,learning of ,knowing and using the differing "gifts" of the Holy Spirit ..

essentially that is the base over riding topic of this entire forum .every topic in this forum should be swayed by this central theme of how everything revolves around living in ,listening to and obeying (for our good and the good of all others in the Love of God ) the Holy Spirit .. for in him we live and move and have our being -it is essentially the purpose of this entire forum section to discuss such things and how we apply our lives to life IN him. .
and within that perspective we must always be open to the leading of the Holy Spirit rather then the leading of the flesh .

I recall the testimony of a lady in Israel who had recently arrives there during a troubled time . sirens sounded and people were running every which way and the lord said to her .. "stand still" ..so she stood still and remained safe as bombs fell a short distance away .
another day the sirens sounded .. so she again stood still.. and the lord said to her .. "do not stay here ..run! " so she ran - and was safe .
we are supposed to me mindful of the lord at all times ,he is alive in us and we are to do his will and go where he pleases and if it please the lord that we live then praise God and if it please the lord that we be struck down for the sake of the Gospel , then praise God because he is able to raise us up again ..so we need not be so concerned for this life .

Job makes that almost unfathomable(to the natural flesh) statement saying " though he slay me , yet will in trust in him .
with the lord there is always the bigger picture .. "trust " does not have to see it - faith just knows its there .

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
living in the holy Spirit , experiencing his presence , his guidance ,(he only says what they father is saying.) being baptized in the holy Spirit./walking in ,having ,learning of ,knowing and using the differing "gifts" of the Holy Spirit ..

essentially that is the base over riding topic of this entire forum .every topic in this forum should be swayed by this central theme of how everything revolves around living in ,listening to and obeying (for our good and the good of all others in the Love of God ) the Holy Spirit .. for in him we live and move and have our being -it is essentially the purpose of this entire forum section to discuss such things and how we apply our lives to life IN him. .
and within that perspective we must always be open to the leading of the Holy Spirit rather then the leading of the flesh .

I recall the testimony of a lady in Israel who had recently arrives there during a troubled time . sirens sounded and people were running every which way and the lord said to her .. "stand still" ..so she stood still and remained safe as bombs fell a short distance away .
another day the sirens sounded .. so she again stood still.. and the lord said to her .. "do not stay here ..run! " so she ran - and was safe .
we are supposed to me mindful of the lord at all times ,he is alive in us and we are to do his will and go where he pleases and if it please the lord that we live then praise God and if it please the lord that we be struck down for the sake of the Gospel , then praise God because he is able to raise us up again ..so we need not be so concerned for this life .

Job makes that almost unfathomable(to the natural flesh) statement saying " though he slay me , yet will in trust in him .
with the lord there is always the bigger picture .. "trust " does not have to see it - faith just knows its there .

Hi to the two dads here and Alithis,
I hate being the intended victim of a murder attempt at age 11 or so. I hate all yhe other horrors that I have had to live through and see others through. I am 67 now, and still have that Band of Brothers connection that all nice victims of violence have. Also, I really hate my 50+ years of Civilian combat roles.
I was inducted, against my will, into being a soldier for life, from that one single incident. Others followed, but it only takes one, to be turned into a Reluctant Warrior for life. Till this day, like all other Band of Brothers types, I act to protect others from being harmed like I was, and only later after it is all over, realize I acted without regard for my personal safety. Rather, the intended victim, of the perpetrator is all I saw at the time.
It has taken Soldiers and Policemen years to show me what I am. It will take those same kinds of people to show both your daughters, what and who they are now. And, it did take God to allow me to be somewhat normal, with undamaged people, though a reluctant warrior always.
I do not like, being inducted by God into His service that early in life, but it was not my choice that I know of. Rather, I like how He uses me to protect others. Sometimes I just do this: I let the new warriors know how the old warriors handled being warriors. The way the old warriors handled being warriors, is they talked to warriors like themselves on a regular basis. It only works, when one warrior talks to another warrior. And, they told me that no one knows why that works. It does though. I don't know why. And it makes, zero difference, in what trauma what caused your being drafted as a soldier. You only have to have seen or experienced significant trauma, were nice to start and wish to stay that way, to become a reluctant warrior. Thus there are many people to talk to or listen to, whenever you feel upset.
LOVE,
...Mary., .... .

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single

I agree. The knowledge of what one can use as a weapon if needed can be brought back to one's attention by the Holy Spirit. You're making it sound like anyone who thinks of what they can use and they're prepared is in the flesh. It never hurts to be prepared and if the Lord intervenes and tells you do something else instead, then that's what you do.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree. The knowledge of what one can use as a weapon if needed can be brought back to one's attention by the Holy Spirit. You're making it sound like anyone who thinks of what they can use and they're prepared is in the flesh. It never hurts to be prepared and if the Lord intervenes and tells you do something else instead, then that's what you do.
Are you american ?

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Agreed, and you also know who can be in truck stops on the road, and it's good you're prepared. Your life counts too, and no reason that some low life, who is living on a sphere lower than a dirty wild animal, should attack you, you have value, he does not.

Upvote 0