Blueforest

Created well and commanded to be sick
Jun 10, 2011
✟1,191.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Something doesn't make sense. If it's God's will but you ask a woman out, that's going against his will isn't it? I mean you would then be taking matters into your own hands by trying to pursue a relationship right?

If people followed that philosophy, no one would ever get married, Christian, Jew or what have you.

Upvote 0

blankCrossfire

Hebrews 4:15-16
Jun 20, 2011
✟15,744.00
Faith
Christian
If people followed that philosophy, no one would ever get married, Christian, Jew or what have you.

That's not entirely true seeing how some people just mutually come to the agreement but I understand what you're saying. My example was pretty extreme :p thanks

Upvote 0

znr

Report THIS.
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟30,220.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
I guess I'm wondering what is the point of fighting it, at times. It may sound selfish, but I have to wonder why I am doing this, if I don't get anything out of the deal.

"it"

The name of a horror movie...With a menacing clown no less.

But seriously, you say "it" referring to lust but you haven't exactly expressed in depth how your struggle plays out.

Like you were saying in another of your posts, this isn't exactly the most positive place to express your struggle...which is why I might post about cats sometimes instead of making myself vulnerable by talking about a struggle. I would have a very difficult time being explicit or vulnerable on a board like this, and that is probably very wise indeed.

Upvote 0

Blueforest

Jun 10, 2011
✟1,191.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
"it"

The name of a horror movie...With a menacing clown no less.

But seriously, you say "it" referring to lust but you haven't exactly expressed in depth how your struggle plays out.

Like you were saying in another of your posts, this isn't exactly the most positive place to express your struggle...which is why I might post about cats sometimes instead of making myself vulnerable by talking about a struggle. I would have a very difficult time being explicit or vulnerable on a board like this, and that is probably very wise indeed.

Oh sorry. Pretty standard stuff but most definitions (though that hardly makes it excusable); naked girls, inappropriate contentography, lustful fantasies. You know, the usual lust problems guys encounter.

Upvote 0

znr

Report THIS.
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟30,220.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
Oh sorry. Pretty standard stuff but most definitions (though that hardly makes it excusable); naked girls, inappropriate contentography, lustful fantasies. You know, the usual lust problems guys encounter.

You might find some direction here as far as where to start dealing with these issues but like you said, this board ... and really, your observation was pretty on the mark, sadly. They have a board here that deals with the issues you're struggling with. What about starting there?

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Seems fair to say that the greater ill excessive lust allows is not the filthiness of flesh, but is the neglect of The Spirit.

If one focuses on lust, even if in an effort to fight it...this keeps one focusing on lust.

A better approach is to focus on The Things of God's Spirit...then by default lust is put away, sentenced to die from lack of attendance.

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
<-----> Galatians 5:16+17

If we can find deep and lasting satisfaction in being in sync with The Holy Spirit's leading, then we are not futilely driven to seek consolation in things which only temporarily distract from facing the bleak and dreary state of the spiritual emptiness which dominates the unharmonious, unempowered life we live while walking out of step with The Lord.

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. <-----> Philippians 4:8

virtue - that which enables a way of behaving in which you do what is morally right and avoid things that are morally wrong

Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue
.... <-----> 2nd Peter 1:4+5

Now we may presently find it quite difficult to completely switch our attention away from the carnal/earthly/worldly unto the spiritual/heavenly/godly...but any time + energy given to the higher and holier will bring good sowing and reaping...potentially unto our becoming fully persuaded to "forsake all for Christ, His Kingdom, and The Gospel of Truth & Peace".

May The Lord Be Magnified !

wm

Upvote 0

Blueforest

Jun 10, 2011
✟1,191.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
It's true, the best way to overcome anything is to shift one's focus of it onto something else instead. Easier said than done though.

Sometimes I wonder how immoral it all is. God was incredibly lenient of people's sexual immorality in the OT. Almost everyone used of God was a polygamist or murderer even. God honors faith in Him first and foremost. I want to take anything wrong I am doing seriously, but it's hard when I read about people like David, Moses, Solomon, Abraham, Jacob and others who were clearly not moral in these areas, yet God blessed them anyway!

I cannot say I have cheated on someone else's spouse, taken multiple wives or the like in my own life. I'm not trying to minimize my shortcomings by any means either, but God seemed more concerned with people's relationship with Him than their sex lives in the Bible. This is clear.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
Standing right behind you! ;)
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes I wonder how immoral it all is. God was incredibly lenient of people's sexual immorality in the OT. Almost everyone used of God was a polygamist or murderer even. God honors faith in Him first and foremost. I want to take anything wrong I am doing seriously, but it's hard when I read about people like David, Moses, Solomon, Abraham, Jacob and others who were clearly not moral in these areas, yet God blessed them anyway!

Be very careful with this type of thinking. The pastor that lead his wife and myself into the Sex Industry followed this type of thinking. It cost him his family, his job and if he does not repent his future...What you think in your heart is what you will become.

Upvote 0