Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Dr. White is discussing his interaction with an Arminian that maybe helpful in spotting debate tricks.

Listen here.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

jm,

I listened to half of it but it seemed to be going nowhere but to affirm Dr White's Reformed presuppositions in opposition to the inaudible lyrics in a track of trash music of which he then obtained the words and presented them.

This is hardly an interaction with an Arminian from which anyone should be able to spot debate tricks. To me it sounded more like another reason for White to trash Arminianism.

But it was not a level playing field of discussion.

Oz

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
jm,

I listened to half of it but it seemed to be going nowhere but to affirm Dr White's Reformed presuppositions in opposition to the inaudible lyrics in a track of trash music of which he then obtained the words and presented them.

This is hardly an interaction with an Arminian from which anyone should be able to spot debate tricks. To me it sounded more like another reason for White to trash Arminianism.

But it was not a level playing field of discussion.

Oz
It was awesome. :)

Reactions: PrettyboyAndy
Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
It was awesome. :)

That sounds like myopia to me. It was poorly produced (I'm a former radio producer) and Dr White was unable to make it more than a one way conversation in the half I listened to - the one way was his way. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone wanting a careful analysis of what was stated in the song.

While Dr White raised some legitimate issues, it really was a James White rant, forcing Reformed theology down our throats.

And you call that awesome? That's redefining the meaning of 'awesome'.

You didn't address the issues I raised.

Oz

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
That sounds like myopia to me. It was poorly produced (I'm a former radio producer) and Dr White was unable to make it more than a one way conversation in the half I listened to - the one way was his way. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone wanting a careful analysis of what was stated in the song.

While Dr White raised some legitimate issues, it really was a James White rant, forcing Reformed theology down our throats.

And you call that awesome? That's redefining the meaning of 'awesome'.

Oz
It was forced down your throat? That's even better. :D

jk.

Reactions: PrettyboyAndy
Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
It was forced down your throat? That's even better. :D

jk.

Can't you do better than a one-liner with no meaning?

Being forced down my throat was needed when I was 6 months old, but for adults I expect better than what James White gave.

Upvote 0

PrettyboyAndy

• Andy •
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Toronto/NY
✟93,218.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Can't you do better than a one-liner with no meaning?

Being forced down my throat was needed when I was 6 months old, but for adults I expect better than what James White gave.

He said JK, that means just kidding.

Don't forget to answer my two questions on the thread I made for us to discuss the questions you never answered

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
He said JK, that means just kidding.

Don't forget to answer my two questions on the thread I made for us to discuss the questions you never answered

And I'll say again, niggling me about it does not work.:swoon:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums