Death - the last enemy to be destroyed - and creation

• Thread starter ThetaSquadronLeader
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

ThetaSquadronLeader

Greetings everyone. This is my first post and incidently my first thread on this forum. Just to give a little background information on myself, I believe that God created everything in six literal days about 6 000 years ago as recorded in the historical chronological account of Genesis 1, and re-stated in more detail with reference to man in Genesis 2 as this sets up for the Fall in Genesis 3. Now, I believe that the first man - Adam - sinned against God when he ate of the forbidden fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil and through this sin death was pronounced on the whole creation (see Romans 5:12 for example).

Anyway, the above is just to give you a bit of an idea as to where I am coming from and my beliefs.

My question, however, that I want to address is:

Isn't the Bible contradictory if God in effect used millions of years of suffering and death to create things considering that in 1 Corinthians 15:26 death is defined as "the last enemy to be destroyed."
I was just wondering as to how the evolutionist position on this forum would deal with this question that I've been pondering about for a few days now. Thanks for anyone who wishes to respond, but please address the question and not my views at this time. :)

Assyrian

Basically pulling an Obama (Thanks Calminian!)
Mar 31, 2006
Wales
✟27,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The first thing to say is that Romans 5:12 says nothing about animal death and seem to limit the death that spread to people, only to those who sin, death spread to all men because all sinned.

I realise YECs see death being the last enemy as a problem for TE, but they need to ask themselves the question of how and when death became God's enemy.

But anyway, welcome to the forum Theta, I hope you enjoy your time here.

Blessings, Assyrian

Upvote 0

jereth

Apr 13, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
✟8,426.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF, ThetaSquadronLeader, and for making your views known. Your question is an important one. This was the biggest question that I personally had back when I was a YEC (roughly 7 years ago).

I suggest you peruse the following thread-
http://www.christianforums.com/t2956165-the-wages-of-sin.html

The views of TEs are quite adequately explained there, I think. If you have further questions, by all means ask.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.