Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Another day to slog through.

Annie is inconsolable and begging me to take the pain away somehow.
Katie won't get out of bed.
Kelsey crying alone in her room.
The boys? Two are oddly, weirdly detached to a level I've never seen, and the youngest one is out partying with his friends every night from what I've heard.

Oh, and did I mention that I was getting $650 from my ex's military pension? And that goes away immediately upon his death. So things were VERY tight up 'til now. Things will be impossible from here on out. We've looked at our budget and anything we could cut out would only be a drop in the bucket. We need prayer for a miracle, a much better job for my husband (who has health issues for any of you who remember that) or a money tree to quickly grow in our backyard.

Funeral is on Saturday.

Are you able to go stay with Annie, Dori? Or is she able to come stay with you and your hubby for a bit? I'm praying that you can be a soft shoulder for her to cry on through this.

Is there another program from the military that kicks in upon death....some sort of spousal death benefit?

Praying for the details.....and all the bits and pieces to be worked out.

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The boys? Two are oddly, weirdly detached to a level I've never seen, and the youngest one is out partying with his friends every night from what I've heard.

Oh, and did I mention that I was getting $650 from my ex's military pension? And that goes away immediately upon his death. So things were VERY tight up 'til now. Things will be impossible from here on out. We've looked at our budget and anything we could cut out would only be a drop in the bucket. We need prayer for a miracle, a much better job for my husband (who has health issues for any of you who remember that) or a money tree to quickly grow in our backyard.

Funeral is on Saturday.

You are going to have to be there for your children...their father died..your children have just lost their father..thats it in a nutshell..if it affects you and yoru husband "financially" I think TBH is nothing compared to what they(your children) are experiencing..Try to be strong for thier loss....I think you are needed..God give you strength to be their the way you should be for your childrens suffering..

Dallas

Upvote 0

dorig59

Senior Veteran
May 18, 2008
Missouri
✟18,873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Don't know how I gave you the idea that I was complaining about going to the funeral but I was not. I threw that statement about the money in, not related to the funeral. We have made plans to go to the funeral & I will be with my children. It's gonna be a very hard day.

Upvote 0

Lilymay

Veteran
Oct 23, 2006
USA
✟13,176.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Dori, I am so sorry to hear of your family's loss. I pray for comfort for your children and you in your grief. We all grieve differently but from what you shared it sounds like two of your sons are detaching so they don't feel the pain and the other one is detaching from the pain in his partying... so I pray upon them a way to grieve in a "healthy" way... also for your daughters.

I also pray for a strengthening for you, for your personal grief, for the strength you need to be there for your children, and I ask for a blessing upon you financially.

(((DORI)))

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just heard that my kid's father died a few hours ago at the age of 55 from a motorcycle accident. The repercussions of this will be huge and horrible. I ask for prayer for my six children, ranging in age from 18 - 28.

And by the way, that motorcycle is a symbol of what broke up our 22 year marriage. I always told him this would happen.

My prayers and condolences, Dori. :prayer:

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dori my dear!!!! What a shock!!!

I have been trying to think of something to say that will help you and your six children. I hope that your children will get some comfort from their heavenly Father.

Psalm 34:18
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit
Psalm 46:1-2
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea.
Psalm 71:20-21
Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. You will increase my honor and comfort me once again.
Isaiah 41:10
'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'

May God hold you and your children close to Him.

Su hermano
Stan

AMEN!

Upvote 0

chaz345

Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Funeral is on Saturday.
Dori, I'm sorry for what you are going through. I have one comment about the finances though. NOTHING is impossible with God. Speaking from experience, make the small drop in a bucket changes and watch Him work miracles. A couple of years ago we were faced with an impossible financial situation, the needed outgo simply exceeded the income and there was nothing to cut that would make up the whole difference. Not even 10% of it. We cut everything we could, sold a bunch of stuff as we could to get by and somehow, it worked. I'm quite sure if we went back and looked, the numbers on paper still wouldn't match up, but everything is current and we're making is financially. So to reiterate, even though it looks to you like you can't make the cuts you need to to make the numbers work, cut what you can, make the first step and He WILL provide.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dorig59

Senior Veteran
May 18, 2008
Missouri
✟18,873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Chaz, thank you so much for that encouragement. Funny enough, I have felt that what you just said will be true. It's scary though. Husband & I have been making large payments on our mortgage & had planned a big chunk of it would be paid off next summer, then 3 months later my car, and after that the remaining medical bills we have. So none of that is going to happen, but I'll just be happy to survive. The only remaining problem will be that we always have to pay taxes because I'm self-employed. We will have no way whatsoever to set money aside, but again we'll see what God will do. Gosh I'm so undeserving of His wonderful grace.

Upvote 0

dorig59

Senior Veteran
May 18, 2008
Missouri
✟18,873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And thank you to all you precious friends who are praying & encouraging me. Lily, you're an absolute doll, Big Daddy, Mrs Luther, and my friend Stan, you're all precious.

And remember too you guys that this is not my husband. It's my ex-husband and the reason so upset is for the sake of my children. this is very very bad for them. Gosh two of my boys in particular were very close with him. And the girls.......ah, it's just too awful for them. Ok, I feel kinda bad too, but for the man he was for 22 years before things went bad at the end. That horrible motorcycle. I knew it.

Upvote 0

dorig59

Senior Veteran
May 18, 2008
Missouri
✟18,873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I forgot to mention MK! I'm sorry, MK. No, the pension ends when he dies. I'm going to ask Annie if she wants to come home with me for awhile, for as long as she wants & I'm going to tell her that her boyfriend can come too. We'll see.

Upvote 0

sdmsanjose

Jun 19, 2006
Arizona
✟23,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reply by Dori
I forgot to mention MK! I'm sorry, MK. No, the pension ends when he dies. I'm going to ask Annie if she wants to come home with me for awhile, for as long as she wants & I'm going to tell her that her boyfriend can come too. We'll see.

Dori
I pray that this tragedy bring you and your children even closer. Also, I am optimistic that Annie and you will bond even more now that you are both suffering together. Suffering sucks but sometimes through suffering we get to some of the deepest parts of our heart.

Your compassion for you’re your little Annie is admirable. Don’t let anybody tell you that what you are doing is wrong. My son and his girlfriend have been here with us since 2008. I have had people tell me that I am an enabler for sin. My answer to them was, where were you when my son was sick, hungry, and in bondage? They were no where to be found. I said I am going to let God decide if I am an enabler of sin. Besides God has shown His compassion to two undeservging people for years Those two are me and my son and those Pharisees have shown nothing but their judgment of me and my son.

My son is a product of AMAZING GRACE. He was a wretch like me, was lost but now found, was blind but now he sees, fear gripped our hearts but God’s grace gave us relief. My son was in great danger and God’s grace kept him safe, and then God led him home to me!

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
that saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
was blind, but now I see.
T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
the hour I first believed.
Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

God is teaching me and my son how to love and it could be that Annie and maybe the other children will see how mama Dori loves. I do not condone sin but I try not to let it get in the way of love, which God said was the greatest. God accepted me when I was a sinner and I will accept my son and let God do the work on any sins in my adult son.

Dori, you have the humbleness that is so sweet to God. In addition you are so appreciative of God gift of grace. It is time likes these that you see the true spirit of a true sister. I am sad that you and your children have to be in such pain but it is at times like this that you become either bitter of better and you have already showed you are BETTER. How do I come to this conclusion? By what you said below even though your children’s pain is tearing you apart.

Quote of Dori
"Gosh I'm so undeserving of His wonderful grace."

If my son and I were to ever identify as being a woman it would be the woman mentioned below in Luke. By the way, Luke is such a warm and Godly name wouldn’t you say Dori?
LUKE 7
36 And one of the Pharisees desired him that he would eat with him. And he went into the Pharisee's house, and sat down to meat.
</SPAN>
37 And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment,

38 And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.

39 Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw it, he spake within himself, saying, This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth him: for she is a sinner.

40 And Jesus answering said unto him, Simon, I have somewhat to say unto thee. And he saith, Master, say on.

41 There was a certain creditor which had two debtors: the one owed five hundred pence, and the other fifty.

42 And when they had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love him most?
43 Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave most. And he said unto him, Thou hast rightly judged.
44 And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head.
45 Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet.
46 My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment.

47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.
48 And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.

News Flash!!
Stan is no longer speechless!

Upvote 0

dorig59

Senior Veteran
May 18, 2008
Missouri
✟18,873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Stan, you ALWAYS make me smile! Thank you so much for your kind words, observations, and Scriptures. I loooove where you were referring to your son & said where were you when he was sick, hungry, and in bondage. I know exactly what you're saying. And yes, I do love the name Luke, haha! I just knew that name would be right for him, my darling kindhearted boy. When Luke was a teenager & was able to have a real job after school, on payday, before he would come home he would go to the store & spend his entire paycheck on candy, toys, & trinkets for his younger siblings! Usually spent the entire paycheck on them! So when they'd see him coming I'd hear footsteps running from everywhere, "yay, Luke is home!!!" And he'd come in with all his packages. Today Luke spent the day at a funeral home at age 28 preparing everything for his dad's funeral on Saturday, attending to all the many details. And he will spend the next several months going through his dad's house, figuring out all the many things that will need to be tended to, putting his own life on hold. My precious boy. His voice is so sad now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sdmsanjose

Jun 19, 2006
Arizona
✟23,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reply by Dori
Stan, you ALWAYS make me smile! Thank you so much for your kind words, observations, and Scriptures. I loooove where you were referring to your son & said where were you when he was sick, hungry, and in bondage. I know exactly what you're saying. And yes, I do love the name Luke, haha! I just knew that name would be right for him, my darling kindhearted boy. When Luke was a teenager & was able to have a real job after school, on payday, before he would come home he would go to the store & spend his entire paycheck on candy, toys, & trinkets for his younger siblings! Usually spent the entire paycheck on them! So when they'd see him coming I'd hear footsteps running from everywhere, "yay, Luke is home!!!" And he'd come in with all his packages. Today Luke spent the day at a funeral home at age 28 preparing everything for his dad's funeral on Saturday, attending to all the many details. And he will spend the next several months going through his dad's house, figuring out all the many things that will need to be tended to, putting his own life on hold. My precious boy. His voice is so sad now.

American Meaning:
The name Luke is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Luke is: Light.

People with this name have a deep inner desire to lead, organize, supervise, and to achieve status, power and wealth.

When my Niece Tiffany was asking for names for her unborn son I said Luke. She jumped up and said that is it! Tiffany’s son is named Luke.

Upvote 0

chaz345

Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's scary though.

It is. In my case it is my opinion that the financial "just barely enough just in time" season that He put us through was about stretching and growing my trust in Him. He was taking me to a place where trusting Him or completely and totally freaking out were my only two options. To a degree it worked too. Had a month here where we couldn't pay our rent because of vehicle problems, we were selling a vehicle and it just wouldn't sell and our rent was 3 weeks past due. In the past I would have freaked out, been a complete wreck, not sleeping, the works. As it was though it was barely a blip on the stress radar.

Obviously I'm not saying to take a do nothing "God will provide" stance that I sometimes see in some people. It's about balance. Doing what you can to help the situation, even if it seems to be only a tiny fraction, then trusting the He's got your back.

Same approach applies to your kids too of course. You do what you can, which may not seem like much, and trust that He's got them.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
American Meaning:
The name Luke is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Luke is: Light.
People with this name have a deep inner desire to lead, organize, supervise, and to achieve status, power and wealth.

When my Niece Tiffany was asking for names for her unborn son I said Luke. She jumped up and said that is it! Tiffany&#8217;s son is named Luke.

Thanks, Stan. Good to know. My youngest son's name is Luke. Although at the time it was because we were doing a Bible study on the book of Luke.

And, secretly, I get to whisper "Luke, I am your father" in my cheesy Darth Vader voice imitation any time I want. ^_^

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is. In my case it is my opinion that the financial "just barely enough just in time" season that He put us through was about stretching and growing my trust in Him. He was taking me to a place where trusting Him or completely and totally freaking out were my only two options. To a degree it worked too. Had a month here where we couldn't pay our rent because of vehicle problems, we were selling a vehicle and it just wouldn't sell and our rent was 3 weeks past due. In the past I would have freaked out, been a complete wreck, not sleeping, the works. As it was though it was barely a blip on the stress radar.

Obviously I'm not saying to take a do nothing "God will provide" stance that I sometimes see in some people. It's about balance. Doing what you can to help the situation, even if it seems to be only a tiny fraction, then trusting the He's got your back.

Same approach applies to your kids too of course. You do what you can, which may not seem like much, and trust that He's got them.

I can Amen to that! Through 2 periods of unemployment and unreliable and inconsistant child support from my wife's ex, I have been faithful to tithe and God has been faithful to provide. We were never late on our mortgage and somehow food was on our table. I now have a job where I'm making more than I've ever made in my life. A job which I love to do. And God gets the glory... :bow:

Upvote 0

Naomanos

Jan 27, 2011
✟8,437.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks, Stan. Good to know. My youngest son's name is Luke. Although at the time it was because we were doing a Bible study on the book of Luke.

And, secretly, I get to whisper "Luke, I am your father" in my cheesy Darth Vader voice imitation any time I want. ^_^

Not to burst your bubble or anything, but in that quote, there is no Luke. It's just "I am your father!"

Sorry, huge Star Wars fan and up until recently I didn't even know that. I always said it just as you do...lol.

Upvote 0