Dear American readers... Have you been shot today?

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,146,892.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
saw this quote from Trump talking about law and order
“You can go to war zones in countries that we are fighting and it is safer than living in some of our inner cities that are run by the Democrats,” Trump said. The Republican nominee also promised if elected, “we’ll get rid of the crime. You’ll be able to walk down the street without getting shot. Now, you walk down the street, you get shot.”

:doh:

Reactions: Armoured

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I live a stone's throw from south LA (aka South Central). Ghetto birds and sirens are common. I have never been shot. It doesn't compare in the least to the images coming out of Syria or other troubled spots in the world.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's just the usual garden variety hyperbole. Just wait until the "Civilization as we know it will end if my opponent is elected" hype begins. :eek:

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,203,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's just classic fear-mongering that politicians do.

This isn't much different than the style of rhetoric some democrats use on the topic of guns to be honest.

Anyone else remember that whole fiasco a couple weeks back coming from democratic politicians about how "Republicans don't want to stop terrorists from buying guns!!!" ?

Although, I will grab another coffee and wait and see how *some democrats on CF respond to this...

When the topic is Gun Control, *some democrats seem to vocalize the position that "people are getting shot left and right, that's why we need gun control"...yet, now that Donny Boy has essentially agreed with that notion by suggesting that people in America are getting shot left and right, it makes me wonder if they'll agree with him, or write it off as blatant exaggeration & non-factual political rhetoric, thus negated their previous position.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Street shootings are an organic part of the drug trade. 'Stop the killing' and you seriously impact the flow of drugs, which is unthinkable to the many liberal people who use those drugs. These liberal people aren't dumb. They know if Trump is elected he might shut the whole drug thing down in short order (he can do that), while Hillary will do nothing of the sort. Score one for Hillary. :sigh:

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
saw this quote from Trump talking about law and order
“You can go to war zones in countries that we are fighting and it is safer than living in some of our inner cities that are run by the Democrats,” Trump said. The Republican nominee also promised if elected, “we’ll get rid of the crime. You’ll be able to walk down the street without getting shot. Now, you walk down the street, you get shot.”

:doh:

And this is the same man who once so arrogantly stated, "I could shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters.'

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,188.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
It's just the usual garden variety hyperbole. Just wait until the "Civilization as we know it will end if my opponent is elected" hype begins. :eek:
That one has been going on from the democrats since months ago.

Not saying they are wrong, mind.

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Street shootings are an organic part of the drug trade. 'Stop the killing' and you seriously impact the flow of drugs, which is unthinkable to the many liberal people who use those drugs. These liberal people aren't dumb. They know if Trump is elected he might shut the whole drug thing down in short order (he can do that), while Hillary will do nothing of the sort. Score one for Hillary. :sigh:
Nope, the street killing is a result of the war on drugs, that unwinnable war that is perpetuated by politicians needing a boogie man. Trump will not end the drug trade or the war on said trade any more than Hillary. BTW I have been a aquainted with many drug users in the course of my life and they in my experience fall politically about 50/50 between liberal and conservative although there are a few I have known that are other politically.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

How will trump be able to shut down the whole drug trade in short order?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟903,569.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

Have a lot of experience as an enforcer do you?

Reactions: aieyiamfu
Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Because he gets along with drug dealers and they love him so they are gonna do what he says, and everybody is going to be happy.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Easy.

Trump gets a Federal Court ruling on R.I.C.O. that would allow it to be applied to drug gangs.

The R.I.C.O. law is amended to include any person involved in the gang drug trade, not just the 'kingpins', right down to the lowest street 'lookout'.

Local and Federal drug task forces have largely identified all active members of most major gangs.

All that is needed is a single drug sale on the street, by a gang member, to impose the racketeering law against the whole gang.

This would effectively stop the shootings, and the drug sales by those gangs.

These gangs also supply drugs wholesale to many independent dealers that operate on college campuses, work places, etc. They too would be shut down.

Gentlemen, this is not rocket science. When I need a tool, that doesn't exist, I make one. :cool:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This experience gave you a lot of insight into killing being required for the drug trade?

Killing is required by drug gangs to obtain and/or protect their territories, to intimidate, and to avenge offenses.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Because he gets along with drug dealers and they love him so they are gonna do what he says, and everybody is going to be happy.

Trump said something interesting recently, that Hillary would never say.

Trump: "Where I come from (the business world), if something is broken you fix it. If something doesn't work, you replace it."

How simple yet how profound.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟903,569.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Killing is required by drug gangs to obtain and/or protect their territories, to intimidate, and to avenge offenses.
So from where did you receive your insight into the details of the drug trade?

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Nope, the street killing is a result of the war on drugs, that unwinnable war that is perpetuated by politicians needing a boogie man. Trump will not end the drug trade or the war on said trade any more than Hillary. BTW I have been a aquainted with many drug users in the course of my life and they in my experience fall politically about 50/50 between liberal and conservative although there are a few I have known that are other politically.

No. Street killings are the result of the failure to win the war on drugs. Whether deliberate or not is another topic.

Drug users, by reason of their lawless and irresponsible behavior I deem as liberals (lawless/without restraint is one definition of liberal).

Upvote 0