• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Dealing with past Regrets & Failings

songz777

Spouse first strengthens your marriage
Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Coming To Terms With Past Failings
(also posted in single section)

I was greatly encouraged by my readings in Genesis. God is the God of BRAND NEW STARTS and He is the gracious God who will still greatly bless and use us inspite of our past failings. We need to come to terms with them and believe that God our Friend is with us and for us not against us.
We all have regrets and have made mistakes
Perhaps married the wrong person and now there is a divorce, and your left wondering who would ever want you now? (Ive read posts about dear ones like this) Or how could God ever use you after what you have done in the past? Or may be you are a struggling single mum, regreting the past and wondering if God would ever use you now?
You may feel that you have messed up your life. HAVENT WE ALL
I have regrets and failings that grieve me. But the great thing is no matter what you have done in the past God will still USE YOU BIG TIME and He will STILL BLESS so much.
You see Abraham and Sarah messed up and they had a child out of Gods divine plan. I am sure they both regreted it BUT God said DONT WORRY your MISTAKES wont hinder my purpose in your life. Your mistakes only DELAY them! David failed God badely in adultery and yet God used HIm MIGHTILY!
Samson was wayward and slept with different woman and yet God used Him MIGHTILY! God dearly loves us and He will use YOU & I big time. Try not to allow the enemy to say, "Thats it you have blown it now" Dont give up, the Lord is with you, just admit your failings, just be open and honest with Him. He will put you back on TRACK again and use you may be even more than before!
When I fail I mourne deeply but I am forgiven totally and He surrounds me in His arms of love as if I had never done any wrong.
Be encouraged, Be strong, your future has just begun.
Bless you John

tj0316

Jan 23, 2005
Ellwood City, PA
✟168.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Politics
US-Republican
Great encouraging post John. I to messed up in my past as an addict and lost everything I had but I now know that I have been recreated in Christ and God no longer remembers my past so why should I?
Romans 8:1 There is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus.
I am the head and not the tail!!!
I am what the Bible says I am and can do what the Bible says I can do which is all things through Christ!!
I am the redeemed of the Lord!!
I am a royal priesthood!!
If God is for me who can be against me?
He that is in me is greater than he that is in the world!!
Prov 24:14 I have a future and a reward and my hope and expectations will not be cut off.
Our thought life and words have so much to do with our present and future. They lay the pavement on the road ahead of us. We must learn to speak positive words and keep positive thoughts if we are going to be more than concourers in this life.
God bless you,
TJ

Upvote 0