• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Dealing with drugs.

TheMainException

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2004
In my universe
✟19,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I would turn her into the police if I were that mother...it's a hard thing to do...but it could save her child's life.........I know nothing else....I don't have children...but the hardest thing to do is sometimes the best thing. I believe strongly in tough love. I have been taught it well...and now understand the reasoning behind it. I can't explain it...it has to be learned...but tough loved works. I pray that things go well for you, your friend, and her daugther....Drugs are for no one...and someday...we will feel like we are on drugs...both those in heaven, and those in hell...for those in hell....the worst acid trip ever...for those in heaven...the best dose of ecstasy ever....until then though...I won't be touching drugs...and I hope no one else wants to anylonger...but I don't see that hapening any time soon. I have given my advice...I cannot give anything else to you but my love...please...tell her about God...tell her about Jesus and his love...and tell her that no matter what...he loves everyone....like crazy. I love you and I love those you love....Lauren

Upvote 0

madison1101

Senior Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟5,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
When my son was 19 he started shooting heroin. He lived with me and I gave him an ultimatum. Rehab or homelessness. He chose rehab, and started to attemp to get clean. 9 months later, he was arrested for possession. He called me to bail him out. I let him sit in prison and someone else bailed him out. He's been in rehab again.

Your friend should give no money to the daughter. If the daughter lives with her, she should tell her rehab or the street, and then follow through with it. Enabling is no help.

Alanon or NarAnon can help your friend, if she wants to be helped.

Prayer also helps, but when dealing with addicts, a kick in the pants goes a long way.

I work in a treatment facility, so I speak from both sides of it.

Upvote 0