Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
I can't help but to point out the irony...

*SPOILER ALERT, EXTREMELY CLARIFYING STATEMENT TO COME*
(Given that several persons, that claims to have understanding in the matter, have stated equivalently about you (with the exception of the range statement (which, you know, you extend into infinity)))

Ok. So if that is a misstatement of fact, then I assume you mean that the opposite would be correct.
I.e. you claim that:
We have heard from Electric Universe theorists what would power such gigantic circuits if they did exist.

Do you think it would be within my range of knowledge to take part of the calculations for the expected energy consumption of a star to "power such gigantic circuits"?
(If not a general, a specific would do)

If yes, could I see it?

I respectfully suggest that you missed the point entirely. *Only* (as in strictly) in a Juergen's solar model scenario (externally powered suns) would any specific amount of power be "required" to exist in various circuits in spacetime. In both Alfven's solar model, and in Birkeland's solar model, the suns themselves produce the energy they consume *locally*. In other words there is no 'power requirement' related to various and specific circuits in spacetime in either a Birkeland or an Alfven electric sun model. It's only a Juergen's solar model that scenario that we *might be able* to make various predictions about the amount of current that is required to flow through any given circuit in spacetime, because only a Juergen's solar model requires *external* currents to power various suns.

Birkeland's cathode solar model (as well as Alfven's model) is *internally* powered, and it generates it's own energy locally. Nothing needs to 'power' our sun from the outside, it does that *internally* just like the standard solar model. Since every sun is a *generator* of electricity according to Birkeland, it's not possible to predict any *required* amount of *external* current that must "power" it from a non local source.

Birkeland already gave Brigman a hint as to the power sources of an electric universe. Bridgman's ignorance of that answer is no reason for him to claim that no such answer was ever offered by the EU community. The answer Bridgman seeks was offered as far back as Birkeland himself. Apparently he hasn't gotten that far in Birkeland's book yet. :(

Every single one of Bridgman's claims/criticisms *revolves* around the Juergen's solar model, and he shows absolutely no sign of understanding either of the other two major "electric sun" theories. He keep whipping on a *single* concept, and ignoring the other two *major/earlier* electric sun models entirely. Juergen's model is actually the "Johnny come lately" of electric sun models. It gained some "popularity" during the "missing neutrino days". Those days are *long* gone!

IMO Bridgman's hater mentality forces him to *dumb down* the entire electric universe set of beliefs into *one specific* set of beliefs that he personally chooses for himself. There is no such homogeneity within the EU/PC community. In fact he's not even leveling any valid complaints that would actually apply to either Birkeland's cathode sun or Alfven's electric sun theories. He's constantly bashing away at an already outdated solar theory that isn't even a "given" in PC/EU theory as though that one solar model is '"gospel".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Elendur

Gamer and mathematician
Feb 27, 2012
Sweden - Umeå
✟17,952.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Engaged
I respectfully suggest that you missed the point entirely.
Well it wouldn't be the first and hopefully not the last.

*Only* (as in strictly) in a Juergen's solar model scenario (externally powered suns) would any specific amount of power be "required" to exist in various circuits in spacetime. In both Alfven's solar model, and in Birkeland's solar model, the suns themselves produce the energy they consume *locally*. In other words there is no 'power requirement' related to various and specific circuits in spacetime in either a Birkeland or an Alfven electric sun model. It's only a Juergen's solar model that scenario that we *might be able* to make various predictions about the amount of current that is required to flow through any given circuit in spacetime, because only a Juergen's solar model requires *external* currents to power various suns.
You write that the stars consume energy "*locally*" (according to the two latter mentioned models), yet you state that there is no " 'power requirement' ".
I don't get it.
That first part is included in my question (or do you mean something different with the term *locally*?), while the latter seems plain weird.

Birkeland's cathode solar model (as well as Alfven's model) is *internally* powered, and it generates it's own energy locally. Nothing needs to 'power' our sun from the outside, it does that *internally* just like the standard solar model. Since every sun is a *generator* of electricity according to Birkeland, it's not possible to predict any *required* amount of *external* current that must "power" it from a non local source.
So.
The stars generate the energy to maintain those giant circuits? (As I implicitly stated in my question)
Yet it's not possible to calculate the energy required to produce/maintain them because it's powered from inside the stars?
I don't get it.
Aren't there calculations that predicts the total energy gain from the fusion happening withing the core of the star?
Aren't there calculations that predicts the total energy emitted as photons from the star?

Why is it not possible to produce a calculation for the gigantic circuit?

Birkeland already gave Brigman a hint as to the power sources of an electric universe. Bridgman's ignorance of that answer is no reason for him to claim that no such answer was ever offered by the EU community. The answer Bridgman seeks was offered as far back as Birkeland himself. Apparently he hasn't gotten that far in Birkeland's book yet. :(

Every single one of Bridgman's claims/criticisms *revolves* around the Juergen's solar model, and he shows absolutely no sign of understanding either of the other two major "electric sun" theories. He keep whipping on a *single* concept, and ignoring the other two *major/earlier* electric sun models entirely. Juergen's model is actually the "Johnny come lately" of electric sun models. It gained some "popularity" during the "missing neutrino days". Those days are *long* gone!

IMO Bridgman's hater mentality forces him to *dumb down* the entire electric universe set of beliefs into *one specific* set of beliefs that he personally chooses for himself. There is no such homogeneity within the EU/PC community. In fact he's not even leveling any valid complaints that would actually apply to either Birkeland's cathode sun or Alfven's electric sun theories. He's constantly bashing away at an already outdated solar theory that isn't even a "given" in PC/EU theory as though that one solar model is '"gospel".
Ok.

But why I'm asking is that I work by the assumptions:
Those gigantic circuits exist and are maintained. (Which you haven't denied)
Those gigantic circuits require energy to maintain. (Which you haven't denied, at least not explicitly, which I wouldn't mind if you went into more detail about)

Therefore there is an energy from somewhere that is required to maintain those gigantic circuits.

My question(-s):
Do you think it would be within my range of knowledge to take part of the calculations for the expected energy consumption of a star to "power such gigantic circuits"?
(If not a general, a specific would do)

If yes, could I see it?
I've bolded the text that indicates that I was careful to implicitly state the star as the source of the energy.

Or is it something more fundamental I've missed?

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
You write that the stars consume energy "*locally*" (according to the two latter mentioned models), yet you state that there is no " 'power requirement' ".
I don't get it.
That first part is included in my question (or do you mean something different with the term *locally*?), while the latter seems plain weird.

Hmmm, I'm obviously not conveying my point very well. Let me try again.

According to Birkeland's EU/PC solar model (as well as Alfven's model), our local sun produces *it's own* power, just like the standard solar model produces it's *own* power. This is a *different claim* from a Juergen's solar model that requires an *external* power source.

If we include the standard model along with the three primary EU/PC solar models, only one of the four solar models under discussion even *makes* any prediction about the flow of energy *into* the sun. Only one could make any firm prediction as to the amount of *inflowing energy* that would need to flow into a galaxy or flow into a sun in order to 'light it up'. All the other three solar models under consideration assume that the power source of a sun is inside the sun and the sun doesn't require any external power source.

Using Juergen's model to calculate circuit loops in an attempt to falsify all EU solar models is a bit like using that same calculation to attempt to falsify the *standard* model. In fact Alfven's model is *identical* to the standard model from the surface down to the core. There is no "external power' required in the standard model, nor in Alfven's model. While Alfvens model does predict the existence of circuits in spacetime, unlike Juergen's model, it can't make definitive estimates as to the size of the current flow.

Because Jeurgen's *required* external power to flow into each sun, it *is* possible to make some ballpark predictions related to circuit density. That's simply not the case in any other solar model.

So.
The stars generate the energy to maintain those giant circuits? (As I implicitly stated in my question)
Yet it's not possible to calculate the energy required to produce/maintain them because it's powered from inside the stars?
I don't get it.
There simply isn't the same requirement for external *circuit* energy in the other EU/PC solar models. Those 'circuits' flowing into and out of the galaxy don't need to provide all the power to every sun. Whatever energy exist in the circuits, is simply there because the suns have *excess energy* to share.

Whereas Jeurgen's *needs* external circuit energy to make the stars in a galaxy shine, Birkeland does not. They shine on their own account in Birkeland's model, just like in the standard model. Just as the standard model can't "predict' a minimum amount circuit energy that might be flowing in various circuits, Alfven's model can't make such predictions either.

Aren't there calculations that predicts the total energy gain from the fusion happening withing the core of the star?
Sure. None of those calculations tell us much about energy densities in various plasma filaments *outside* of the solar system.

Aren't there calculations that predicts the total energy emitted as photons from the star?
Yes, but that power is generated *inside* the sun in all but one model. Only one model *necessitates* a high circuit energy density *must* exist. The other models don't need external circuit energy, and they may not use it.

How would you do that for the standard model?

But why I'm asking is that I work by the assumptions:
Those gigantic circuits exist and are maintained. (Which you haven't denied)
Why would any model need to deny that they exist?

Those gigantic circuits require energy to maintain. (Which you haven't denied, at least not explicitly, which I wouldn't mind if you went into more detail about)
Yes, indeed they do. Since however there is no *necessity* to power anything inside a given galaxy from *outside* of that galaxy, there's no clear and obvious current density that is *required* to flow into a galaxy in any other EU/PC solar model, nor in the standard solar model.

Since the standard solar model is *self contained* in terms of energy production, it therefore *doesn't need* any external energy to flow into the sun. It therefore cannot make *strong predictions* about how much circuit energy might be in various circuits.

Therefore there is an energy from somewhere that is required to maintain those gigantic circuits.
It's simply the cumulative excess energy from every sun. Whatever that excess amount of energy happens to be, it happens to be.

My question(-s):

I've bolded the text that indicates that I was careful to implicitly state the star as the source of the energy.

Or is it something more fundamental I've missed?
The fundamental difference between Juergen's model and the standard model is the *power source*. Whereas Juergen's model *must* get energy though that circuitry, the standard solar model doesn't have such a circuit energy requirement to start with. The same is true in the other two primary EU/PC solar models, as well as almost all the other less popular brands of EU/PC solar theories. Only *one* EU/PC solar model could or would make any strong predictions about the circuit energy *requirements* of a galaxy. The rest don't make such predictions in the first place because there is no *need* for a specific amount of current to flow into a galaxy to power every star. One other model came time mind, Brant's "wireless" cathode version. It too 'might' need a certain amount of current density to flow into each galaxy, but it's unclear to me how *much* energy that would be.

In short, the energy in those circuits is simply excess energy from various *solar* sources in a Birkeland or Alfven solar model. In Juergen's model however, those same circuits must provide *all* (or the bulk of) the energy of a galaxy. Juergen's model is the only solar model that has unique power requirements associated with that circuit energy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Try it this way:

The reason that Peratt *expected* higher energy densities to exist inside those circuits than I do is because Peratt was using a completely different solar model than I use. A galaxy full of Juergen's stars needs *lots of power* to flow into every galaxy. On the other hand, a galaxy made of Birkeland cathode suns has no such need for external circuit energy to make stars shine. Juergen's model *necessitates* a much higher current density into and out of every galaxy.

Upvote 0

Elendur

Gamer and mathematician
Feb 27, 2012
Sweden - Umeå
✟17,952.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Engaged
Michael, it seems that I may have found somewhere where there's been a misunderstanding.
I don't know how you answer posts, but if you don't read through the post thoroughly before writing the answer you might benefit from that this time, as the latter part of the post might contain something that is more important than the rest.
(I most often read the post as I answer, not before, which is kind of obvious with how I separate posts)

After you answer this post I'll try to make some kind of catch-up, to see if there are any questions that will remain (where I'll try to formulate them as best as I can), or if new ones crop up.

Hmmm, I'm obviously not conveying my point very well. Let me try again.

According to Birkeland's EU/PC solar model (as well as Alfven's model), our local sun produces *it's own* power, just like the standard solar model produces it's *own* power. This is a *different claim* from a Juergen's solar model that requires an *external* power source.
Right, and you promote Birkeland's and/or Alfven's over Juergen's.

If we include the standard model along with the three primary EU/PC solar models, only one of the four solar models under discussion even *makes* any prediction about the flow of energy *into* the sun. Only one could make any firm prediction as to the amount of *inflowing energy* that would need to flow into a galaxy or flow into a sun in order to 'light it up'. All the other three solar models under consideration assume that the power source of a sun is inside the sun and the sun doesn't require any external power source.
But even though the star would be the source of the energy required, is should be possible to produce calculations for the expected energy requirement for the star.

You could even go from the other way, calculating what would be the energy requirement for any given "gigantic circuit" (no matter the source).

Using Juergen's model to calculate circuit loops in an attempt to falsify all EU solar models is a bit like using that same calculation to attempt to falsify the *standard* model. In fact Alfven's model is *identical* to the standard model from the surface down to the core. There is no "external power' required in the standard model, nor in Alfven's model. While Alfvens model does predict the existence of circuits in spacetime, unlike Juergen's model, it can't make definitive estimates as to the size of the current flow.

Because Jeurgen's *required* external power to flow into each sun, it *is* possible to make some ballpark predictions related to circuit density. That's simply not the case in any other solar model.
Am I to interpret this as the problem is that the gigantic circuits unknown density is the problem?
So given that the models themselves (with the exception of the Jeurgen model) do not predict the circuit density, shouldn't it be possible to observe the density somehow?
Or just make an analysis where the density is variable?

There simply isn't the same requirement for external *circuit* energy in the other EU/PC solar models. Those 'circuits' flowing into and out of the galaxy don't need to provide all the power to every sun. Whatever energy exist in the circuits, is simply there because the suns have *excess energy* to share.

Whereas Jeurgen's *needs* external circuit energy to make the stars in a galaxy shine, Birkeland does not. They shine on their own account in Birkeland's model, just like in the standard model. Just as the standard model can't "predict' a minimum amount circuit energy that might be flowing in various circuits, Alfven's model can't make such predictions either.
Ok.
So out of your preferred two models only one makes predictions about the energy?

Sure. None of those calculations tell us much about energy densities in various plasma filaments *outside* of the solar system.
Nor does it need to, but it helps with putting an upper bound on the energy since the star itself is the source.

Yes, but that power is generated *inside* the sun in all but one model. Only one model *necessitates* a high circuit energy density *must* exist. The other models don't need external circuit energy, and they may not use it.
Since question 1, I've been working with the internally driven models.

How would you do that for the standard model?
I don't know. You know I don't.
But how is that relevant?
Any other model is irrelevant (as each model stand on its own merit), we have the three models you've proposed (though you've kind of dismissed one of them).
The question was:

Why would any model need to deny that they exist?
I was just trying to be as explicit and transparent as possible, to allow for you to see what I'm working by and perhaps see where things went wrong (since I misunderstood).

Yes, indeed they do. Since however there is no *necessity* to power anything inside a given galaxy from *outside* of that galaxy, there's no clear and obvious current density that is *required* to flow into a galaxy in any other EU/PC solar model, nor in the standard solar model.

Since the standard solar model is *self contained* in terms of energy production, it therefore *doesn't need* any external energy to flow into the sun. It therefore cannot make *strong predictions* about how much circuit energy might be in various circuits.
I think you may be hinting at something here that I've misunderstood.

You're writing as if the structure (gigantic circuit) itself wasn't what you were referring to, as the object that would need energy to maintain.

Are you actually talking about a current going through the structure?

I've been writing about the former, not the latter.
I.e. I haven't even though about any current. I was asking about the gigantic circuit itself.

My assumption was:
Those gigantic circuits require energy to maintain.
Not:
Those gigantic circuits current require energy to maintain.

It's simply the cumulative excess energy from every sun. Whatever that excess amount of energy happens to be, it happens to be.
That doesn't really sound like what you would allow for in any other theory (to be a little provocative).

So, to summarize it a bit:
"Those three models have predicted these gigantic circuits, but we don't know how much energy they require."

The fundamental difference between Juergen's model and the standard model is the *power source*. Whereas Juergen's model *must* get energy though that circuitry, the standard solar model doesn't have such a circuit energy requirement to start with. The same is true in the other two primary EU/PC solar models, as well as almost all the other less popular brands of EU/PC solar theories. Only *one* EU/PC solar model could or would make any strong predictions about the circuit energy *requirements* of a galaxy. The rest don't make such predictions in the first place because there is no *need* for a specific amount of current to flow into a galaxy to power every star. One other model came time mind, Brant's "wireless" cathode version. It too 'might' need a certain amount of current density to flow into each galaxy, but it's unclear to me how *much* energy that would be.

In short, the energy in those circuits is simply excess energy from various *solar* sources in a Birkeland or Alfven solar model. In Juergen's model however, those same circuits must provide *all* (or the bulk of) the energy of a galaxy. Juergen's model is the only solar model that has unique power requirements associated with that circuit energy.
Here you again hint at that you've been writing about the current through the structure, not the structure itself.

Try it this way:

The reason that Peratt *expected* higher energy densities to exist inside those circuits than I do is because Peratt was using a completely different solar model than I use. A galaxy full of Juergen's stars needs *lots of power* to flow into every galaxy. On the other hand, a galaxy made of Birkeland cathode suns has no such need for external circuit energy to make stars shine. Juergen's model *necessitates* a much higher current density into and out of every galaxy.
Juergen's sounds as if we have a lot of consumers but no producer, I think (since you don't seem to like it anyway) we can skip that one and just go with the Alfven and Birkeland models.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Right, and you promote Birkeland's and/or Alfven's over Juergen's.

I'd rank them Birkeland, Alfven, Juergen's in exactly that order. I think Birkeland actually got it right from the start, since it best jives with the SDO and IRIS imagery.

But even though the star would be the source of the energy required, is should be possible to produce calculations for the expected energy requirement for the star.
Sure, but it's exactly the same calculation as the standard model, and it only needs to 'power the single sun' from the inside out. No additional or *excess* energy needs to go into the connecting circuits to power anything else. It's just like the standard model in that respect. Each sun is still it's own energy source, and the circuits between them do not *need* to carry any specific amount of current. The circuits will of course carry away any *excess* energy, but unlike in Juergen's scenario, the circuity doesn't need to supply all the power to every sun.

Juergen's model effectively turns galaxies into 'light bulb filaments' that have to be powered externally just like an ordinary incandescent bulb. The power requirements to power billions of stars would be *enormous*, even if *some* of the power is generated locally. This would require *incredible* currents to flow into the galaxy on a continuous basis.

Birkeland's model (Alfven's too) turns every sun into a mini generator, and they simply 'share' excess energy through various circuitry. In that case the circuits don't have to carry anywhere near as much current, and really we're talking circuits that carry *extra* energy that is produced in each galaxy. The circuits don't have to carry anywhere near as much current in that case.

You could even go from the other way, calculating what would be the energy requirement for any given "gigantic circuit" (no matter the source).
In Juergen's model that's true. In Birkeland's model or Alfven's model all that tells you is the same thing that number tells you in the *standard* model. It doesn't say a peep about any external circuit energy.

Am I to interpret this as the problem is that the gigantic circuits unknown density is the problem?
So given that the models themselves (with the exception of the Jeurgen model) do not predict the circuit density, shouldn't it be possible to observe the density somehow?
Sure. We can observe the current flow by observing the magnetic field strengths and extrapolating backwards using Maxwell's equations.

Or just make an analysis where the density is variable?
The key here is that the density of the current in any internally powered solar model scenario is *necessarily* going to be less than a Juergen's scenario where each sun has to be powered *through the circuitry*.

So out of your preferred two models only one makes predictions about the energy?
Actually, all you could hope to *predict* (postdict of course) is the total energy output of the sun itself. That's typically done by postdicting a fit to observed energy levels on Earth. The mainstream model really doesn't much deal with the solar wind energy. It's typically derived strictly from the amount of light and/or heat that reaches Earth.

I don't know. You know I don't.
But how is that relevant?
Any other model is irrelevant (as each model stand on its own merit), we have the three models you've proposed (though you've kind of dismissed one of them).
I basically dismiss the concept of an external power source for suns. While they may *share* energy to a degree, I see each sun as it's own mini generator that produces most of it's own energy locally.

The question was:
Unlike in Juergen's light bulb scenario, there is no way to calculate a *minimum* necessary current to flow through the circuitry in an *internally* powered solar model scenario. It wouldn't be possible to calculate such a number based on the standard solar model. It's therefore necessarily impossible to do so for Alfven's "electric sun" model (effectively the standard model), and it's likewise impossible to calculate it for *any* internally powered model, including Birkeland's cathode sun model.

The closest you *might* get in Birkeland's cathode sun scenario is to work backwards from the solar wind speeds and densities, and use Birkeland's figures about voltages and try to work from that. I suppose that it's *maybe possible* to do it, but it still wouldn't tell how much of that current *must* flow through the jets near the core of the galaxy. The best it might do it tell you the current density locally (inside our solar system itself), which is likely to be a *relatively* small number at Earth, but at least enough to power the aurora.

I think you may be hinting at something here that I've misunderstood.

You're writing as if the structure (gigantic circuit) itself wasn't what you were referring to, as the object that would need energy to maintain.

Are you actually talking about a current going through the structure?
Yes, and so was Peratt, and therefore so is Bridgman.

I've been writing about the former, not the latter.
Ah. Therein lies the confusion. :)

I.e. I haven't even though about any current. I was asking about the gigantic circuit itself.

My assumption was:
Those gigantic circuits require energy to maintain.
Not:
Those gigantic circuits current require energy to maintain.
It's really a question of how much total current must flow through the circuitry. The circuitry is clearly there. We can see Birkeland currents form around the poles of 'black holes' in the center of various galaxies. We see them form around star clusters and every galaxy clusters as well. There's no doubt they exist.

The issue is one of *total energy* that has to pass through the circuitry on a *constant* basis. An externally powered "light bulb" scenario would indeed require that circuitry carry *all* the energy (or a large part of that energy) through the various circuits. Any *internally* powered solar model will not requires *as much* current to flow through the circuits.

Peratt's expectations about microwave energy was directly related to an *externally* powered scenario, and therefore it predicts *more* current will flow through that same circuitry than any internal powered model would predict.

That doesn't really sound like what you would allow for in any other theory (to be a little provocative).
Actually I'm giving the standard model a pass too, just like any other internally powered model. I'm not imposing any expectations on the current density of the circuitry in a standard solar model scenario, so why would I do that with any other internally powered solar model? I can't impose *greater* standards on EU/PC models.

So, to summarize it a bit:
"Those three models have predicted these gigantic circuits, but we don't know how much energy they require."
I"m not sure which three you mean. The standard model, Alfven's model and Birkeland's model impose no specific requirement on the current density of the circuitry. The Juergen's model is the only one that does make such a requirement.

Bridgman's criticism *do* apply to a Juergen's model, but they *do not* apply to a Birkeland model, or to Alfven's 'electric sun' model. Bridgman however simply lumps them into *one thing* that he personally calls "Electric Universe" theory, and then he claims to falsify the whole of electric universe theory based on his criticisms about *one* specific solar model.

Bridgman isn't even apparently *aware* of the fact that there are *multiple* solar models to choose from in "electric universe theory", let alone their implications as it relates to various predictions about microwave emissions from various circuits. :(

Juergen's sounds as if we have a lot of consumers but no producer, I think (since you don't seem to like it anyway) we can skip that one and just go with the Alfven and Birkeland models.
You got it. Juergen's model treats all suns like ordinary light bulbs in your house. They are *consumers* of energy, and they have to be *powered* by some *undefined* external energy source. I have no idea what Juergen's even intended to suggest *was* the actual energy source.

Alfven's "electric sun" model is based *directly* upon the standard solar model in terms of energy production, and therefore it is it's own *generator* of electrical energy. Nothing has to flow through the circuits to produce the power, just the excess power will flow through various circuits. Birkeland's model is the same in the sense that he predicted the sun itself was the generator of the power. Birkeland didn't quite know how to describe it in modern terms. He simply used the term "transmutation of elements". In that scenario, as in the standard model scenario, no external circuit energy is *required* to power the sun, nor to power every sun of every galaxy.

Juergen's model does impose additional power requirements on the system. It's the only possible 'electric sun' model that could be falsified by Bridgman's criticisms.

What I "resent" is the fact that Bridgman *oversimplifies* the problem, and oversimplifies the meaning of "electric universe" theory. He's creating his own very *limited strawman* version of 'electric universe' theory and burning it. His ignorance of cathode sun theory is then passed directly on to others that happen to 'trust' his claims. That's annoying as pagan hades IMO.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Elendur

Gamer and mathematician
Feb 27, 2012
Sweden - Umeå
✟17,952.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Engaged
Recap (which is more detailed about my answers, I hope you don't mind that :p ):

We still have not heard from Electric Universe theorists what would power such gigantic circuits if they did exist!
You answered (in short) that it was wrong and that it was the stars themselves that powered them.

I interpreted that as if the "gigantic circuits" needed energy to be sustained, and asked to take part of the calculations for the expected energy consumption.

You wrote that I missed the points (which seems to be the case).

I split up your answer and asked more questions and tried to clarify my earlier question.

Your answer hinted that you were writing about the current in such a circuit, not the circuit itself.
Also, derived from your answer is that the current through the circuit (read any circuit) lack predictions in the proposed models.
Also, you seemed to rank Birkeland > Alfven > Juergen.

My reply included a bit more attempts at clarification (while asking a lot of questions).
Including that I picked up on the hinted reference difference between us.

You then confirm the 'order of rank' of the models.
You state that the stars " 'share' excess energy".
You confirm the misunderstanding.

That should conclude the recap, if you feel that you want to add anything (or more importantly, correct me if something is wrong), please do.
I'll chew on this to tomorrow (I think I have a modified question nr 1), but I'll see if it's as interesting to me as the original one was.

Thanks for the patience! I think I've learned something.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Recap (which is more detailed about my answers, I hope you don't mind that :p ):

You answered (in short) that it was wrong and that it was the stars themselves that powered them.

I interpreted that as if the "gigantic circuits" needed energy to be sustained, and asked to take part of the calculations for the expected energy consumption.

You wrote that I missed the points (which seems to be the case).

I split up your answer and asked more questions and tried to clarify my earlier question.

Your answer hinted that you were writing about the current in such a circuit, not the circuit itself.
Also, derived from your answer is that the current through the circuit (read any circuit) lack predictions in the proposed models.
Also, you seemed to rank Birkeland > Alfven > Juergen.

My reply included a bit more attempts at clarification (while asking a lot of questions).
Including that I picked up on the hinted reference difference between us.

You then confirm the 'order of rank' of the models.
You state that the stars " 'share' excess energy".
You confirm the misunderstanding.

That should conclude the recap, if you feel that you want to add anything (or more importantly, correct me if something is wrong), please do.
I'll chew on this to tomorrow (I think I have a modified question nr 1), but I'll see if it's as interesting to me as the original one was.

Thanks for the patience! I think I've learned something.

I'm sorry that I've been a poor communicator on this issue, but there is an important distinction that's worth discussing, so bear with me a bit longer. ;)

I'll return to that consumer/producer analogy that you used earlier because it's the key in terms of understanding the distinction in terms of solar physics. It's also the key distinction in terms of the cosmological implications and in terms of the circuit energy needs.

Juergen's solar model is a net *consumer* model in terms of solar physics. Each sun *needs* and uses external circuit energy from the universe to sustain it's 'burn'. They operate like an incandescent bulb that requires the circuit to bring energy to every sun.

Birkeland's model, Alfven's model and the standard gas model are net *producers* in terms of solar physics. They *produce* their own energy internally, and they produce a little bit extra to spare with the rest of the circuitry of the universe.

Juergen's model would *necessarily* require much more powerful currents to be located around the poles of the sun, and the galaxy because all the energy that powers every sun in the galaxy would have to come into the galaxy from an external source. Those powerful polar jets would *necessarily* have to exist around every galaxy and they would necessarily need to bring all the energy into the galaxy for use inside the galaxy. Sun's are like a resistor in the sense that energy is used locally and must be produced somewhere else.

Alfven's model and the standard model are net *producers* of energy. They don't need extra energy from the surrounding circuitry, they produce enough energy internally, and a bit extra to spare with the surrounding circuitry. The energy send into that circuitry might go toward creating (pinching together) more stars in a distant location, or it may simply heat surrounding plasmas.

In a net producer scenario none of the energy produced in a galaxy *needs* to come into the galaxy from an external source. The galaxy is a net *producer* of energy just as every sun is a net producer of energy.

Peratt's model was based on the Juergen's (consumer) solar model and it would have required there to indeed be a constant flow of energy from the universe, into the various galaxies. It would have necessarily produced much stronger Birkeland currents, much more powerful jets near the poles of galaxies, and stronger everything, including stronger magnetic fields to go with that extra current. The net results would have been relatively easy to spot (via microwaves) flows of circuit energy into and out of every single galaxy.

A net producer solar model doesn't even *require* any polar jets to exist around the poles of a particular galaxy. Depending on where the galaxy sits in relationship to the larger IGM circuitry, it may or may not have any polar jets to speak of.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
I thought I'd spend a bit more of my free time tonight dissing on Bridgman's most recent blog entry:

Filamentary structures within our galaxy

We do see filamentary structures within our own galaxy, many of which are associated with plasma motions. In many of these cases, we observe synchrotron radiation being emitted from them due to free electrons spiraling along magnetic field lines.
What? Notice how Bridgman puts the magnetic cart in front of the electric horse in that second sentence? First of all, lets start out by noting that the *plasma* (not hot gas) that we observe around the outside of the Milky Way is measured to be in the *millions* of degrees, and it's sustained at these high temperatures by *current*. There are no huge undefined (in terms of source) magnetic lines moving across vast distances of spacetime. There are however *Birkeland currents* that create *corkscrew like magnetic lines* around themselves as they traverse spacetime. The way Bridgman phrased it, there's some unnamed handwavy source of some gigantic wavy (not straight) "magnetic line" where million degree electrons (again no defined source of such high temperature electrons) just attach themselves to the wavy magnetic line. That's not how it works at all. The *driving force of the high temperature plasma filament is the E field*, just like in the plasma threads we observe in an ordinary plasma ball. The electrons don't "wind themselves around" some wiggly magnetic line in the plasma ball, the current flow the the electrode to the anode generates a magnetic field around itself that acts to pinch the plasma into moving particle columns that resemble moving tornado like filaments inside the plasma.

However, the microwave spectra are never at distinct, well-defined frequencies which would occur when electrons moving together as a well-defined current. Instead, the synchrotron emission is seen over broad range of frequencies, created by electrons moving in roughly all directions with a wide range of energy (see CalTech: Synchrotron Emission).
Well duh! The current is traversing various threads at varying rates at varying times over varying distances! Holy Cow! That's the most lame argument *ever*. We do in fact notice this *exact type of predicted emissions* in the emission spectrum! Bridgman even points us to an image of what that spectrum looks like:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-P-lq8_07iWU/UmQXyPiKvtI/AAAAAAAAAi8/EDTUXu4-1bs/s1600/cb9_f15_M.png

The upper left hand image from his own blog shows those *predicted* emissions from a *huge number* of *current carrying* filaments that flow all over and around and throughout the galaxy.

Sometimes the atoms and ions of the plasma are excited into states that emit identifiable spectral lines so we can determined additional physical characteristics of the plasma (ionization states of the atoms, temperature, density, etc).
Ya, but notice the temperature Bridgman? That plasma around the Milky Way is measure in the *millions* of degrees. Why would wandering electrons that are winding themselves around large magnetic lines (from unidentified sources no less) be radiating at a million plus degrees? *Current*!

That's the whole problem with the mainstream. They want to have some magical magnetic line just suddenly appear out of nowhere and all the electrons follow the magnetic line like rats to the pied piper's music. It absolutely does *not* work that way in real life plasmas. It works just like an ordinary plasma ball works, namely by the use of *electric* fields and *current*. The magnetic fields in the "slinky" patterns that we observe are simply *created by* the current flowing through the Birkeland current that moves from one area of spacetime to another. There are no magical magnetic lines that attracts million degree electrons. Bridgman is trying to *deny* the role of electrical energy in space. In fact the two so called "mainstream" papers he cites were decades old in the first case, and more than 8 years old in his most recent example. How about some papers describing the E fields from 2013 Mr. Bridgman, or is the best you can do published over 5 years ago?

A Multi-Wavelength View of Radio Galaxy Hercules-A - YouTube

In terms of the size and scales of the Birkeland currents compared to the size of the galaxy itself, take a gander at the other image Bridgman points us to in his blog entry. The length of the current carrying filaments is *many times larger* than the galaxy itself. In other words, the filaments electrically connect the galaxy to other "dense clouds" of current carrying plasma. Those dense clouds are fully capable of transmitting that same current over much *greater* distances without the need for such a tightly wound filament once it reaches the dense plasma lobe regions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
In actual fact, we can trace the knowledge of electromagnetic forces and plasmas in space back to the early 1900s (365 Days of Astronomy: The Electric Universe), with no assistance from the Electric Universe claimants.

And their galaxy-powering electric currents still do not exist...
This particular commentary was rather ironic IMO. The guy with the most "knowledge" in plasma physics, and how it relates to events in space, that can be traced back to the early 1900's was Kristian Birkeland and his team. Birkeland however was the original "Electric Universe" claimant. Yes indeed he knew all about how it worked in the 1900's, but Bridgman apparently remains ignorant of Birkeland's work or he would realize that galaxies don't need *powering* from the outside in all EU models.

Bridgman apparently can't even distinguish between *one* specific *solar* model in EU/PC theory and an entire *cosmology* theory called "Electric Universe Theory/Plasma Cosmology Theory". Apparently he doesn't even comprehend the fact that there are various solar models to choose from in EU/PC theory, and *internally* powered models since the early 1900's.

It took the mainstream a full *six decades* to let go of Chapman's elegant maths when satellites in space finally confirmed that Birkeland was correct and Chapman was incorrect about the flow of current around the Earth. At the rate they're going it will be *another* six decades before they realize that the sun has electrical energy flowing through it's atmosphere. Birkeland was at least 100 years ahead of Bridgman and counting in terms of his understanding of solar physics and basic plasma physics.

By the way, I can't recall any EU/PC proponent ever claiming that the *only* way filaments could form in plasma is via current. It's just the *most common* way it occurs on Earth, and in space. That whole claim was another of Bridgman's personal strawmen.

When Bridgman talks about "we" knowing something about plasma around 1900, and how it applied to spacetime, who exactly is he even talking about? The mainstream *rejected* Birkeland's work and *still* rejects the *bulk* of his work to this very day. They only grudgingly accepted his work with aurora because they were *forced* to do so after satellites in space *showed Birkeland was right*. Only then did they finally let go of Chapman's claims, and only a little.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Elendur

Gamer and mathematician
Feb 27, 2012
Sweden - Umeå
✟17,952.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Engaged
I've had some time to think this trough now.
I think that I'm pretty much unable to keep up with anything if we're to talk currents.
I probably would've had a hard time to follow any argument regarding the energy requirement to maintain a structure as well, but that would have been more interesting (giving me an incentive).

So, since my participation in this thread was based entirely on that misunderstanding, I think it's at an end now.

Thanks for the time :)

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
I've had some time to think this trough now.
I think that I'm pretty much unable to keep up with anything if we're to talk currents.
I probably would've had a hard time to follow any argument regarding the energy requirement to maintain a structure as well, but that would have been more interesting (giving me an incentive).

I hear you. Unlike an externally powered solar models, the internally powered models don't pop "nice clean and simple" numbers out of them in terms of current densities between various stars.

Overall I say that EU/PC theory is really rather mathematically *inelegant* which is why the mainstream resisted Birkeland's theories and preferred Chapman's theories for many decades. Only in the 70's did they finally *grudgingly* embrace Birkeland's maths related to aurora. EU/PC theory is just not as clean and simple as other cosmology theories in terms of the mathematical models. That tends to be turn off for math jocks. :)

So, since my participation in this thread was based entirely on that misunderstanding, I think it's at an end now.

Well, thanks anyway for another very enjoyable conversation. :) I appreciate you allowing me to explain some of the important differences between the various solar models in EU/PC theory.

Thanks for the time :)[/quote]

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Dealing with Creationism in Astronomy

Ya know,...... I don't mind it when someone takes interest in Birkeland's cathode solar model, so long as they make *some* attempt to actually comprehend it. Apparently Bridgman couldn't be bothered with such trivial details. :(

SolarCathode.png

Er, no, it's not that simple!

Apparently Bridgman cannot be bothered to actually *read* Birkeland's solar model, nor has he made any serious attempt at understanding it.

Both the electron flow and the bulk of the positively charged ion flow are *away from* the sun between the sun and the heliosphere. The movement of the electrons away from the sun, also drags positively charged particles away from the sun. Birkeland noticed what he called a "soot" accumulating on the glass sides of his experiment which led to a whole series of experiments and writings he made about *positively* charged particles also being emitting from the cathode. Today we would call that process "sputtering". Birkeland was the first scientist to predict *both* types of solar particles came from the sun, and both types of particles would exist in solar wind.

birkelandquietsun.jpg

The image above shows one of Birkeland's cathode images of a 'quiet' sun, next to SOHO 195A of a "quiet sun". Even the polar variations match in terms of energy flow.

I really don't grok why "haters" have to remain ignorant of the ideas they try to "debunk", but it seems to be the standard pattern, regardless of the topic. It would be nice if Bridgman fancies himself as the great 'crusader' against EU/PC theory that he would *at least* attempt to accurately represent the various solar models, particularly if he intends to associate them with me personally. :(

Oy Vey. Epic fail.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Mozina's "Birkeland" model: As I read more of Birkeland's work, it's becoming clear this model is more Mozina than Birkeland. The biggest flaw applicable to space weather is claim of 600 million volt potential between the Sun and the orbit of the Earth, the heliopause or somewhere ill-specified. The electric potential is reversed with respect to the Scott model. While Mr. Mozina claims this potential is not the source of the Sun's energy, he clearly has not computed the amount of power in a solar wind density plasma within a potential difference of this magnitude, and the impact it would have on the radiation environment around the Sun.
PICTURES UNIVERSE ELECTRIFIED SPACE - Prof. Birkeland of Norway Holds That Suns and Stars Are Charged Negatively. - Article - NYTimes.com

Much as I'd love to take credit for Birkeland's work, I simply can't, and I didn't try. Birkeland beat me to a cathode sun theory by a whole century!

I have *no* idea where Bridgman gets the notion of a 600 million volt potential between the sun and the Earth. There's a 600 million volt *total* potential between voltage difference between the cathode surface of the sun and what Birkeland called "space", but there are also a *number* of double layers between the cathode surface of the sun, and corona, not to mention the double layer at the heliosphere.

Birkeland's current flow model wasn't quite as simple as Bridgman imagines I'm afraid. Birkeland did *not* predict that only negative charges flowed out of the sun, and only positive ions flowed into the sun, he actually predicted that both types of charged particles would flow toward 'space', or what we would call the heliosphere today.

Keep in mind that current carrying plasma forms *double layers* both around the solar surface, and near the heliosphere. Our region of the solar system (near Earth) is but another one of several current carrying double layers that sits between the surface of the cathode and the heliosphere. Our region of the solar system is predominantly the Hydrogen double layer around the sun, whereas the chromosphere double layer is mostly composed of helium.

If Bridgman's arrows were displayed correctly, both the blue lines and also some red lines (probably less of them) should point outward from the sun until we get to the double layer at the heliosphere, at which point we see a final exchange of charged particles inside of that double layer. There will be *more* electrons flowing into the ISM, and more ions flowing into the double layer at the heliosphere, but both types of charges particles flow both into and out of the double layer at the heliosphere from both directions.

Birkeland's maths were always incredibly messy and complicated. They weren't nearly as "simple" as Chapman's maths. The mainstream latched on to the 'simple' and elegant maths by Chapman for over 6 decades until satellites in space confirmed Birkeland's aurora predictions in the 1970's.

Even still, the mainstream seeks a 'simple' mathematical solution inside of a universe filled with electrical current. Unfortunately the universe we live in simply isn't easily mathematically modeled or quantified.

Birkeland made an *whole host* of correct predictions with his cathode sun theory. He *predicted* (real laboratory predictions, not postdicted made up nonsense) the presence of *both* types of charged particles in solar wind. He predicted jets around the poles that we see today in SDO imagery. He predicted electrical discharges were the cause of solar flares which is again confirmed in satellite imagery.

Birkeland was also the first one to predict that the bulk of the mass of the universe would not be found in the stars and planets, but rather in the ions between the stars.

Virtually every one of Birkeland's predictions have been verified by satellites in space. I'd love to take credit for it of course, but it simply wasn't my idea, nor were they my personal predictions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
STILL Unanswered Questions

And there's other unanswered questions that Electric Universe supporters don't want their supporters to ask and don't want to answer themselves.

• Where is the return circuit?
  • What powers the EMF - the battery or generator needed to provide the voltages claimed? For all intents and purposes, Electric Universe supporters assume these electric fields are created by magic, or perhaps some electrical diety (see Electric Universe: Making Electric Fields).
http://www.thesurfaceofthesun.com/Alfven/Energy Source Of The Solar Wind.pdf

It's a pity that Bridgman has apparently not read any of Alfven's work on EU/PC theory, and he's so incredibly ignorant of work that's been done in these areas. In fact Bridgman never even *mentions* the 'electric sun' model that Alfven himself preferred. Oh well. I guess if Bridgman's never personally read the materials, they must not exist in his mind.

FYI, it's the mainstream that seems to assume the existence of *magic* magnetic fields. They don't even have a legitimate power source of strong magnetic field in the solar atmosphere anymore:

Weak solar convection – approximately 100 times slower than scientists had previously projected | Watts Up With That?

I mentioned this little problem to Bridgman last year, and he's still in pure denial of the problem apparently.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
Dealing with Creationism in Astronomy
...snipped idiotic comparison between creationism and the Big Bang....
...snipped fantasy about solar flares being "electrical discharges" (what ever Michael means by that today!) :D...
...snipped argument by (dead man in a speech!) authority...
...snipped lie about some not cited paper that made MR obsolete...
I will start by citing the actual blog posts by Tom Bridgman about Dungey:
Sunday, July 7, 2013 On Magnetic Reconnection and "Discharges"
There is a popular misconception, mostly among supporters of Electric Universe (EU) claims, that solar flares and similar eruptive events in plasmas are discharges much like terrestrial lightning or an arc furnace.

To support this claim, they often resort to papers by James Dungey, one of the pioneers in the study of the Earth's magnetosphere, who used the term 'discharge' when discussing one of his particular ideas of solar and magnetospheric eruptive events. The popular papers to cite in this case are

If one actually takes the time to read these papers, one finds that the framework around the process Dungey describes for his use of the term 'discharge' actually fits our modern description of magnetic reconnection! Dungey describes the event in terms of magnetic neutral points, AKA X-points!

And more evidence for MR in energetic solar events:
Sunday, July 21, 2013 (Non-) Electric Universe News for Summer 2013

The rest of the post is the usual denials from you, Michael, about electrical discharges and plasma as contained in
Actual electrical discharges are impossible in plasma, etc.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
It tells us that you think newspaper reports are scientific literature, Michael :p!

Much as you like misinterpreting Birkeland's work, e.g:
  1. Please cite where in his book Birkeland identified fission as the "original current source"
    7th July 2009
  2. Please cite where in his book Birkeland identified a discharge process between the Sun's surface and the heliosphere (about 10 billion kilometers from the Sun).
    7th July 2009
  3. Is Saturn the Sun?
    14th July 2009
  4. Question about "streams of electrons" for Michael Mozina
    14th July 2009
  5. Citation for Birkeland's prediction for the speed of the solar wind
    28 December 2009
  6. Where is the solar model that predicts the SDO images in Birkeland's book? (really a follow on to questions dating from July 2009)
    27th April 2010
  7. Are galaxies electrical discharges from magnetized iron spheres (Birkelands "nebulae model")?
    3rd May 2010
  8. Where in Birkeland's book does he state that the Sun is a metal globe?
    12th May 2010
  9. Why is the iron crust iron and not Birkeland's brass?
    14th May 2010
the facts are that this newspaper report is about Birkeland's invalid idea about the Sun being negatively charged and giving off only (according to the reporter!) particles.

Virtually every one of Birkeland's predictions have been verified by satellites in space.
That is virtually" an outright lie, Michael.
The only predictions that Birkeland got correct were:
  • the cause of aurora
  • the existence of Birkeland currents around the Earth.
Birkeland got some things wrong. Starting with that newspaper report
  • his experiments could not have created platinum or uranium using electrical discharges as he suggested.
  • planetary formation was not from positively charges particles from the Sun coalescing.
  • there is no evidence of a 600,000,000 volt potential between the Sun and the Earth.
  • The rings of Saturn are ice rings not "dustrings".
And if someone is ignorant enough to treat the analogies in his book as predications:
  • Solar activity has nothing to do with the electrical discharges around a brass ball in a (very thin) gas as in his experiment's images. These are actual electrical discharges as in:
    Actual electrical discharges are impossible in plasma, etc.
  • Saturn's rings are not electrical discharges.
  • Zodiacal light is not electrical discharges.
  • Galaxies are not electrical discharges.
And there is the implication that Birkeland thought the Sun was powered by radioactive decay ("transmutation of elements"). Excusable since fission was not fully understood and fusion had not been discovered.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
Ya know,...... I don't mind it when someone makes up a fantasy about Birkeland having a cathode solar model when he only had an invalid idea.

I do mind when they are ignorant about Birkeland's idea:
Both the electron flow and the bulk of the positively charged ion flow are *away from* the sun between the sun and the heliosphere.
There is no "electron flow" in the newspaper report, Michael :doh:!
His book is largely about electron flows.

The total ignorance in comparing a model of the Earth to the Sun is obvious to anyone, Michael.
Even Birkeland was careful to state that his comparison between the experiment images and astronomical images was an analogy.
Terrella
A terrella (latin of "little earth") is a small magnetised model ball representing the Earth, that is thought to have been invented by the English physician William Gilbert while investigating magnetism, and further developed 300 years later by the Norwegian scientist and explorer Kristian Birkeland, while investigating the aurora.
Birkeland modeled the Earth in his experiments:
  • a fairly static magnetic field +
  • a solid metallic ball +
  • a metallic outer layer of various elements and made with various roughness +
  • an "ionosphere" (a thin gas).
The Sun
  • has a fairly dynamic magnetic field
  • is a ball of plasma (none of Birkeland's electrical discharges are possible)
  • has no metallic outer layer
  • has no gaseous atmosphere - the solar atmosphere is more plasma.

Upvote 0