Day-age theory... God not bound to "time" the way we think of it, but possibly in "events"...

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I am considering the the possibility of my "Day-age theory" that is that God is not bound by time, in the typical way we think of time, but, his days and time intervals could be measured by "events"... Take humanity for example, most will admit that were moving much faster than we ever have, some even say that time is going by faster and faster it seems... What do they mean by this by this saying...?

Well, consider that what used to happen in the way of advancement and events, what used to take millennia, started taking centuries, what used to take centuries, started taking decades, what used to take decades, is now happening in years... This may be what they mean... God's days from the very beginning of the universe could be very similar, God, not being bound by time, as we measure and think of time, but he could measure them by "events"...

It also could happen that what used to take years, could start happening in months, and what used to take months, could start happening in a day, what used to take days, hours, hours, minutes, minutes, seconds, seconds, ect, ect...

It all leads to God's concept of time could be this way, and the day's spoken of in Genesis could be like this...

God Bless!

MasonP

Sep 11, 2016
United Kingdom
✟16,015.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I am considering the the possibility of my "Day-age theory" that is that God is not bound by time, in the typical way we think of time, but, his days and time intervals could be measured by "events"... Take humanity for example, most will admit that were moving much faster than we ever have, some even say that time is going by faster and faster it seems... What do they mean by this by this saying...?

Well, consider that what used to happen in the way of advancement and events, what used to take millennia, started taking centuries, what used to take centuries, started taking decades, what used to take decades, is now happening in years... This may be what they mean... God's days from the very beginning of the universe could be very similar, God, not being bound by time, as we measure and think of time, but he could measure them by "events"...

It also could happen that what used to take years, could start happening in months, and what used to take months, could start happening in a day, what used to take days, hours, hours, minutes, minutes, seconds, seconds, ect, ect...

It all leads to God's concept of time could be this way, and the day's spoken of in Genesis could be like this...

God Bless!
Time is a human concept.

Every God is bound only by the imaginations of it's believers, believers in every God believe that their God is the only God.

• Agree
Reactions: SteveB28
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Time is a human concept.

Every God is bound only by the imaginations of it's believers, believers in every God believe that their God is the only God.
Perhaps, God the Son, that is God of the OT, the one that has to learn, is bound by the "imaginations/thoughts" of all humans, but not The Father who is teaching him...

You might want to see this...

http://www.christianforums.com/threads/why-do-you-hate-god.7967766/

Oh, polytheism is wrong, well not exactly wrong, but is worshiping fallen angels, or demons, because the only real true God is "one" and is not divided by, or of, anything that man knows,.possesses, or can know... For Holy angels do not accept worship, only demons or fallen angels do, cause Holy angels know it's wrong...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

MasonP

Sep 11, 2016
United Kingdom
✟16,015.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Why would you think I hate a God I don't believe in? do you hate Allah or Buddha?
I don't hate anyone, I don't like and don't approve of what the demons behind Allah and Buddha are doing, but I don't hate them, I actually love them and have compassion and pity for them...

Why don't you believe in God? Can you give me a good reason please...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

MasonP

Sep 11, 2016
United Kingdom
✟16,015.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I don't hate anyone, I don't like and don't approve of what the demons behind Allah and Buddha are doing, but I don't hate them, I actually love them and have compassion and pity for them...
Then why did you think I hated your God when I don't even think it exists?
Why don't you believe in God? Can you give me a good reason please...?
For the same reason you don't believe in all the other Gods, they don't exist, I just add yours to that list.
Gods are figments of people's imaginations, every nation and population in the world has a God, only now in the 21st century will the worlds Gods start to die out, it's just a matter of time before each of them go the way of Zeus and Apollo and all the other long forgotten Gods.

I used this in another thread here perhaps it might help you to understand, please read what church leaders have to say.
http://www.churchleaders.com/pastor...ose-look-at-church-attendance-in-america.html

• Agree
Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

God Bless!

Genesis opening chapter isn't written in the language style you suggest. If a day was a long period of time then there would be no need to bracket days with evening and morning. Evening and morning are terms used to express a normal day.
Secondly the 10 commandments also establishes a creation day as one of our days.

You enter into a slopery slope when you change the natural meaning of the bible to force it to conform to a set of beliefs that contradict scripture.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Genesis opening chapter isn't written in the language style you suggest. If a day was a long period of time then there would be no need to bracket days with evening and morning. Evening and morning are terms used to express a normal day.
Secondly the 10 commandments also establishes a creation day as one of our days.

You enter into a slopery slope when you change the natural meaning of the bible to force it to conform to a set of beliefs that contradict scripture.
What is a evening and morning to a God? What do they represent to him, do you think they are literal? Or, do you suppose they were used to explain something more about him by using terms that we could understand and comprehend that were "like" or "likened" to something else to/about God...?

Tell me from scripture, how I am contradicting scripture please, I can show you scripture to support it, if you wish...

The classic interpretations, especially the literal, are wrong... And if they don't change and become and grow into what is right, they'll die, the entire religion or belief system will die... Is that what you want...?

Many things in the Bible are terms we know that are "likened" to something else, that are only "like" something about God, but not "exact" and definitely not "literal" most of the time... You really think, as great as God is, that he could be understood "exactly" or in a literal, exact way, in the terms that we currently know and understand...? You really think that, really...?

When Jesus spoke, how many times did he "The kingdom of God, or God, or a "thing" something we can't currently, exactly know, is "Like" this or that...? Did he mean "exactly" like, or not...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

MasonP

Sep 11, 2016
United Kingdom
✟16,015.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You have got that exactly right, your God is not bound by time or anything else for that matter, your God is bound only by the limits of your imagination, what you want your God to do your God will do (unless you ask for the impossible things like giving amputees their limbs back), either instantly or in a day, the choice is all yours, given enough medical treatments and medicine your God can sometimes even cure the sick.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You have got that exactly right, your God is not bound by time or anything else for that matter, your God is bound only by the limits of your imagination, what you want your God to do your God will do (unless you ask for the impossible things like giving amputees their limbs back), either instantly or in a day, the choice is all yours, given enough medical treatments and medicine your God can sometimes even cure the sick.

You sound like Ishmael.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Then why did you think I hated your God when I don't even think it exists?For the same reason you don't believe in all the other Gods, they don't exist, I just add yours to that list.
Gods are figments of people's imaginations, every nation and population in the world has a God, only now in the 21st century will the worlds Gods start to die out, it's just a matter of time before each of them go the way of Zeus and Apollo and all the other long forgotten Gods.

I used this in another thread here perhaps it might help you to understand, please read what church leaders have to say.
http://www.churchleaders.com/pastor...ose-look-at-church-attendance-in-america.html
Consider this line of thought then: What is man's consciousness...? His unconsciousness...? His subconscious? What are his dreams and where do they come from...? The source of his higher thoughts...? His imagination, from which he draws inspiration... What makes us capable of stretching ourselves mentally, (however I say spiritually)... Or be able to think so much beyond what we actually are or should be able to think of, conceive of, behold, or comprehend...?

I said that to get you thinking about the possibility of us "making" our own god by this, or choosing our place with a god already occupying it, and that this "essence" we have, goes "beyond" death itself, and "lives on" afterward... But, I don't believe we create or become gods per-say... I do believe we choose our God, among gods that occupy places in, to your minds, perhaps, but, to me, it's more than just your mind, but your spirit in you...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MasonP

Sep 11, 2016
United Kingdom
✟16,015.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Consider this line of thought then: What is man's consciousness...? His unconsciousness...? His subconscious? What are his dreams and where do they come from...? The source of his higher thoughts...? His imagination, from which he draws inspiration... What makes us capable of stretching ourselves mentally, (however I say spiritually)... Or be able to think so much beyond what we actually are or should be able to think of, conceive of, behold, or comprehend...?
It's called our 'imagination'.
I said that to get you thinking about the possibility of us "making" our own god by this, or choosing our place with a god already occupying it, and that this "essence" we have, goes "beyond" death itself, and "lives on" afterward... But, I don't believe we create or become gods per-say... I do believe we choose our God, among gods that occupy places in, to you minds, perhaps, but, to me, it's more than just your mind, but your spirit in you...
That is called a 'delusion'.
You think you are too important to be just another animal so you make out that you have a 'personal relationship' with the creator of everything and the creator is concerned about you.

Upvote 0

In situ

in vivo veritas
May 20, 2013
Amsterdam
✟15,712.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I am considering the the possibility of my "Day-age theory" that is that God is not bound by time, in the typical way we think of time, but, his days and time intervals could be measured by "events"...

I suspect there is a question i all this (about evolution?), however I am not able to pinpoint it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

In situ

in vivo veritas
May 20, 2013
Amsterdam
✟15,712.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Consider this line of thought then: What is man's consciousness...? His unconsciousness...? His subconscious?

If you ask me, the purpose of our brain process is to simulate the future, in order for us to prepare for it. That is to predict what will come next. What thoughts are, well that answer might not be as sexy as you might wish it to be; thoughts are discharges of electro-chemical signals between brain cells. The evidence for this claims is based on the observation that brain activity correspond to thoughts. I am not going into details here, but sufficient to say is that everyone experience it when we go to sleep.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

In situ

in vivo veritas
May 20, 2013
Amsterdam
✟15,712.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
You think you are too important to be just another animal so you make out that you have a 'personal relationship' with the creator of everything and the creator is concerned about you.

People are of course important, even if we are animals. Just because we realize we are animals does not change anything on any fundamental planes. However, it give us a tool to better understand ourselves and who we are (and maybe if you believe in God what your relation with God is).

Creationists tries to take away that thinking tool from other Christans, and that I find very sad. It leads to a very artificial and narrow minded view on who and what God might be.

Upvote 0

In situ

in vivo veritas
May 20, 2013
Amsterdam
✟15,712.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Genesis opening chapter isn't written in the language style you suggest. If a day was a long period of time then there would be no need to bracket days with evening and morning.

One can always argue that Earth rotated slower, or assert other non-testable ad hoc hypotheses to support whatever idea one have about Genesis. The bottom line is this; the Bible is not a book about how the planets, stars and human came to be but how man should live and relate themselves to God. Genesis message is simple "God created everything!", how God did it, in what order it was made, or how long it took is not the point nor important.

We have science, not the Bible, to try figure out that "not important" part....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One can always argue that Earth rotated slower, or assert other non-testable ad hoc hypotheses to support whatever idea one have about Genesis. The bottom line is this; the Bible is not a book about how the planets, stars and human came to be but how man should live and relate themselves to God. Genesis message is simple "God created everything!", how God did it, in what order it was made, or how long it took is not the point nor important.

We have science, not the Bible, to try figure out that "not important" part....

You would be partially incorrect....all though "God created everything!" is in Genesis and is true, Genesis contains more than that. Genesis tells us how long it took. You can disagree...but Genesis says six days. Even the 10 commandments say six days.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

The days were measured by events. The bible tells us the events were evening and morning.

Upvote 0