Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Any fans of David Meece out there?

Just come across some more recent albums - the last one I have was way back in the 90s Once in a lifetime - I also had two tapes of his - Learning to Trust and Candle in the Rain.

Great albums, and songs, music, and testimony of God's grace and patience

Can remember listening to Learning to Trust, not having heard any of his stuff and not knowing what to expect, and the first song called When I was seventeen - and being quite blown away by the intro - with the drums, guitars and vocals.

Whole album I remember to be a real blessing.

Last edited:

markb77

Nov 20, 2011
✟16,859.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
He was one of the bigger names in the early years of CCM. His second album, Everybody Needs a Little Help featured "I Can't Believe It's True", which was somewhat of a pop crossover hit in some areas of the country, mainly due to its' Bee Gees influnced vocals (the Bee Gees were big at the time). Meece is a very talented songwriter, and had a bunch of good ones through the years - "All The Time", "We Are The Reason", "Everybody Needs a Little Help", etc. He was also a top notch live performer and storyteller, usually doing solo gigs with only a piano for accompanment. By the mid-80s, he had kind of drifted into AOR flavored "easy" listening styled stuff, but has still continued to make albums through the years. Most of his later albums are available on CD, but not much of his better, earlier work has been released digitally.

Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I didn't realise he had recorded so many albums. Was listening to a few more recent songs.

No other hope,
I will be waiting

which I thought were pretty good.

I can hear the Bee Gees influences in his vocals a little still.

Meece was a classical pianist taught by Andre Previn I recall reading.

Its a pity the early albums haven't got a CD release.

Last edited:
Upvote 0