Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Try watching it before commenting... I personally challenge you to!
I scanned through the video as the gentleman was too slow for me. I stopped at about a 1/3 of the way through. When he started saying that the 70 weeks are finished, and then began he his reasoning why beginning with to finish the transgression = what was the transgression, that was enough for me.

The gentleman is wrong about finishing the transgression, what that means. He is interpreting that to mean that the pharisess and sadducees were going to complete the history of their fathers killing the prophets.

But that is not the finishing of the transgression. The transgression was them rejecting Jesus as the messiah. Which is is still the case today.

The finishing of the transgression is when Jerusalem welcomes Jesus by saying blessed is he comes in the name of the Lord, at Jesus's second coming.

I didn't listen any further because the speaker is too slow to get to the points for me. I am assuming he is a preterist.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The gentleman is wrong about finishing the transgression, what that means. He is interpreting that to mean that the pharisess and sadducees were going to complete the history of their fathers killing the prophets.

But that is not the finishing of the transgression. The transgression was them rejecting Jesus as the messiah. Which is is still the case today.

What scripture teaches this?

The finishing of the transgression is when Jerusalem welcomes Jesus by saying blessed is he comes in the name of the Lord, at Jesus's second coming.

Again, what scripture teaches this?

I didn't listen any further because the speaker is too slow to get to the points for me. I am assuming he is a preterist.

All Christians are preterist. we only vary by degree.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What scripture teaches this?
It is verified by Ezekiel 39, after Gog/Magog, and 7 year later after the time of the Antichrist and the battle of Armageddon feast in Ezekiel 39:17-20. With Jesus having returned and reigning here on earth in
in verse 21, Jesus says.... in verse 23 and 24, identifies the transgression caused them to be slain by the sword, which the persecution of the Jews for the past 2000 years among the nations is unarguable.

17 And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord God; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to my sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, even a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood.
18 Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth, of rams, of lambs, and of goats, of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan.
19 And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of my sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.
20 Thus ye shall be filled at my table with horses and chariots, with mighty men, and with all men of war, saith the Lord God.
21 And I will set my glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see my judgment that I have executed, and my hand that I have laid upon them.
22 So the house of Israel shall know that I am the Lord their God from that day and forward.
23 And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity: because they trespassed against me, therefore hid I my face from them, and gave them into the hand of their enemies: so fell they all by the sword.
24 According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them, and hid my face from them. (Jesus wanted to keep them from being persecuted, but they refused him as their King, crucifying him, and then rejecting Him resurrected to be the Savior from their sins, removing their sins. Which was the transgression that sent them into 2000 years of exile and persecution. Which it will not end until Jesus returns. Ending the 70 weeks.)

Matthew 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Again, what scripture teaches this?
Matthew 23:39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

All Christians are preterist. we only vary by degree.
I think you know what is meant between them who are preterists and them who are futurists..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

random person

1 COR. 10:11; HEB. 1:2; HEB. 9:26,28; 1 PET. 1:20
Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Daniel 9 has more than one determined part.

desolations - determined

70 weeks determined

The 70 weeks is not the time of the desolations determined
that ends in verse 26.

Verse 26 shows what?
unto the end of the war
-desolations are determined

After this part ends, the 70 weeks will pick up again and
get to its final week.

The 70th week was not suspended, as it is in 2014 today it roughly estimates to be the 352th week. Roughly.

The abomination of desolation occurred in 70AD

erémósis

erḗmōsis (from 2049 /erēmóō, "lay waste, make destitute, barren") – desolation (desecration) that results from being cut off (isolated).

Strong's Greek: 2050. ἐρήμωσις (erémósis) -- a making desolate

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The 70th week was not suspended, as it is in 2014 today it roughly estimates to be the 352th week. Roughly.

The abomination of desolation occurred in 70AD

erémósis

erḗmōsis (from 2049 /erēmóō, "lay waste, make destitute, barren") – desolation (desecration) that results from being cut off (isolated).

Strong's Greek: 2050. ἐρήμωσις (erémósis) -- a making desolate

So according to you, there was a gap between Christs death, and 70ad?

Upvote 0

random person

1 COR. 10:11; HEB. 1:2; HEB. 9:26,28; 1 PET. 1:20
Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

No, both occurred during the 70th week.

Not before the 70th week because that would the 69th week.

Not after the 70th week because that would be the 71st week.

But during the 70th week.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, both occurred during the 70th week.

Not before the 70th week because that would the 69th week.

Not after the 70th week because that would be the 71st week.

But during the 70th week.

If the abomination happens during the 70th week, and Christ was crucified at the end of the 69th week, then you are saying the abomination happened 30 years before 70ad.

That is impossible, a week is only 7 years.

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It seems like you might right Shocker, but I can explain a few things.

1, The final week is, by anyone (any positions) read, unusual. Do you know any wars that are a tidy 3.5 years? When I see what is involved in that final week, I have no problem thinking of it as the entire generation from 33-66. It is the critical generation of Israel, says Hebrews over and over.

2, In two places Jesus and Paul said Israel was desolated or ruined by God's judgement before it (the DofJ) took place. Mt 23 and 1 Thess 2. They don't seem to be a bit concerned that this is "outside" of the 70th week, or before it.

3, there is not much chronological precision in general in how 1st century people used Dan 9.

A. Caiaphas knew, in a prophetic declaration, that it would be better for 1 person to perish for the nation than the whole nation. Jn 11, 18. That sounds like it could happen any time, uttered in 33AD. The whole Sanhedrin was already worried that this would happen. They hoped that sacrificing Jesus would show their allegiance to Roman administration. But the paradox of that was that Barabbas was already cited for insurrection. But crowds are mad.

B. Josephus knew that a rebel leader would ruin Israel and that the time was close to fulfillment. He was a trained priest and was referring to Dan 8's 'rebellion that desolates' which becomes the AthatDs in the next chapter. He was likely referring to John of Gischala.

C. What is important to Jesus in Mt 24 is that the scene at the temple signal to his followers that time was up and they should keep safe by leaving. The Roman occupation of the temple (69) is much too late for that. The signal was earlier--when the rebels took over the temple as their fort, even assassinating the standing high priest (67).

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seems like you might right Shocker

The Bible is right, it has nothing to do with me or what I think.

His theory is wrong because the Bible teaches us something different than what he is proposing.

Again, has nothing to do with me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If the abomination happens during the 70th week, and Christ was crucified at the end of the 69th week

Christ was Crucified AFTER the 69th week had already ended, as prophesied:

"and AFTER 62 Weeks Messiah shall be cut off"

He was not Crucified "at the end of the 69th week".

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christ was Crucified AFTER the 69th week had already ended, as prophesied:

"and AFTER 62 Weeks Messiah shall be cut off"

He was not Crucified "at the end of the 69th week".

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

70 weeks = 490 years.

Dan 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

7 weeks and three score and two weeks = 69

Dan 9:26 "Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. And its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined.

After three score and two weeks = 62 weeks.

restore and to build Jerusalem = 7 weeks

Total elapsed time 69 weeks.

Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Daniels 70th week.

Parousia, just let God be true, you aren't arguing with me, you are arguing with God.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

yes. According to everyone who can count, there is a 40 year gap between 30AD and 70AD
(A Biblical Generation, which of course you say is merely coincidence)

However, nowhere in Daniels 70 weeks prophesy is the destruction of the city and sanctuary required to take place DURING the 70th week... only that it takes place after the 69th week had ended... No requirement as to how long after.

Christ in His 3.5 year earthly ministry and subsequent 3.5 year ministry of the Apostles to the Jews Exclusively fulfilled ALL 6 conditions that the 70 week determination was given to accomplish. ALL OF THEM.

You argue with God when you say Christ did not fulfill them.

Now, Are you claiming "the destruction of the city and sanctuary" in Daniel's prophesy is future? That the 70 Ad destruction of the City and Sanctuary was a different destruction than the one that was originally prophesied by Daniel and later confirmed by Christ in the olivet?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You ask me how far it is from Seattle to New York City. I say 70 miles. So you hop along for the ride... 70 miles goes by and No NYC... 100 miles goes by and no NYC... 1000 miles goes by and no NYC... finally, after 3000 miles we get there... you turn to me and say "i thought you said it was only 70 miles?' I then say "it is only 70 miles... but there is a 2730 mile gap between the 69th and 70th Mile" ....

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
yes. According to everyone who can count, there is a 40 year gap between 30AD and 70AD

So then according to your theory, there is a gap between the 69th week (messiah is cut off)

And the 70th week

(abomination that you believe took place in 66ad)

Correct?

Upvote 0