Midwest
✟78,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Those that refuse to have faith in Christ and love themselves more than God. These are they that will only obtain the lowest degrees of glory in the telesial kingdom.

Are you saying the Bible is wrong?

John 3
3Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

John 3
36He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
John 3
36He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
Actually, LDS theology completely agrees with this verse: a person believes in Christ (an action they take) has eternal life. A person who refuses to believe (an action on their part) shall not see your life.

It is your theology (where faith as no roll in salvation) that contradicts this verse.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Is the Mormon god's name Elohim or Endless?

D&C 19
10 For, behold, the mystery of godliness, how great is it! For, behold, I am endless, and the punishment which is given from my hand is endless* punishment, for Endless is my name.

*adjective (describes the type of punishment); punishment is the noun being described regardless of the god's name.

endless:
having or seeming to have no end or limit.

Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Is the Mormon god's name Elohim or Endless?

D&C 19
10 For, behold, the mystery of godliness, how great is it! For, behold, I am endless, and the punishment which is given from my hand is endless* punishment, for Endless is my name.

*adjective (describes the type of punishment); punishment is the noun being described regardless of the god's name.

endless:
having or seeming to have no end or limit.
How many names does Jesus have

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I guess you don't want to answer my question. God's name isn't the topic of the thread, you know.

Revelation 14
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I guess you don't want to answer my question. God's name isn't the topic of the thread, you know.

Revelation 14
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves dteachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves dteachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Amen! JESUS IS LORD!

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Actually, LDS theology completely agrees with this verse: a person believes in Christ (an action they take) has eternal life. A person who refuses to believe (an action on their part) shall not see your life.

It is your theology (where faith as no roll in salvation) that contradicts this verse.

Faith is a gift from God that enables us to obey Him.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

In Mormonism, eternal life is only for those who obey the commandments.

D&C 130
20 There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated—

21 And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated.

Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, everyone will receive this gift[immortality]. Eternal life, or exaltation, is to live in God's presence and to continue as families (see D&C 131:1–4). Like immortality, this gift is made possible through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. However, to inherit eternal life requires our “obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel” (Articles of Faith 1:3).
Eternal Life | Exaltation - Living in God's Presence

D&C 130
19 And if a person gains more knowledge and intelligence in this life through his diligence and obedience than another, he will have so much the advantage in the world to come.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Revelation 21
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Those who fall into the above category will not be in God's Kingdom because they die the second death. The wages of sin is death.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
Revelation 21
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Those who fall into the above category will not be in God's Kingdom because they die the second death. The wages of sin is death.
Relevance...?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
In my fathers house are MANY mansions

At least two of the Mormon mansions(kingdoms of glory) are for the damned?

The word "damned" in Mormonism means they are not in God's presence, and they can't advance to His Presence.

Revelation 3
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
In order to avoid damnation, a Mormon has to obey all the laws and ordinances of the Mormon church. Remember, the damned cannot progress to live in God's presence.

D&C 132
15 Therefore, if a man marry him a wife in the world, and he marry her not by me nor by my word, and he covenant with her so long as he is in the world and she with him, their covenant and marriage are not of force when they are dead, and when they are out of the world; therefore, they are not bound by any law when they are out of the world.

16 Therefore, when they are out of the world they neither marry nor are given in marriage; but are appointed angels in heaven, which angels are ministering servants, to minister for those who are worthy of a far more, and an exceeding, and an eternal weight of glory.

17 For these angels did not abide my law; therefore, they cannot be enlarged, but remain separately and singly, without exaltation, in their saved condition, to all eternity; and from henceforth are not gods, but are angels of God forever and ever...

So verse 17, says they are "saved."

25 Broad is the gate, and wide the way that leadeth to the deaths; and many there are that go in thereat, because they receive me not, neither do they abide in my law.

27 The blasphemy against the Holy Ghost, which shall not be forgiven in the world nor out of the world, is in that ye commit murder wherein ye shed innocent blood, and assent unto my death, after ye have received my new and everlasting covenant, saith the Lord God; and he that abideth not this law can in nowise enter into my glory, but shall be damned, saith the Lord.

28 I am the Lord thy God, and will give unto thee the law of my Holy Priesthood, as was ordained by me and my Father before the world was.
Doctrine and Covenants 132
(Please use the link and read the entire chapter.)

Upvote 0