Midwest
✟78,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
  • Let's examine the Mormon concept of damnation.
  • if men will not repent, believe in Christ’s name, be baptized, and endure to end, they must be damned: 2 Ne. 9:24 . ( 3 Ne. 11:34 ; Morm. 9:23 ; Ether 4:18 . )
  • if man obeys evil spirit and dies in sins, he drinketh damnation to his soul: Mosiah 2:33 . (Mosiah 3:25 . )
  • men bring damnation to their souls except they humble themselves: Mosiah 3:18 .
  • to be delivered up to devil is damnation: Mosiah 16:11 .
  • if men have been evil, they shall reap damnation of their souls: Alma 9:28 .
  • Alma2 was racked with pains of damned soul: Alma 36:16 .
  • they who have done evil shall have everlasting death: Hel. 12:26 .
  • lds.org
Now let's look up some LDS scriptures.

Book of Mormon, Jacob Chapter 3
11 O my brethren, hearken unto my words; arouse the faculties of your souls; shake yourselves that ye may awake from the slumber of death; and loose yourselves from the pains of hell that ye may not become angels to the devil, to be cast into that lake of fire and brimstone which is the second death.

Doctrine and Covenants 63
17 Wherefore, I, the Lord, have said that the fearful, and the unbelieving, and all liars, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie, and the whoremonger, and the sorcerer, shall have their part in that lake which burneth with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

18 Verily I say, that they shall not have part in the first resurrection.

Alma 12
16 And now behold, I say unto you then cometh a death, even a second death, which is a spiritual death; then is a time that whosoever dieth in his sins, as to a temporal death, shall also die a spiritual death; yea, he shall die as to things pertaining unto righteousness.

17 Then is the time when their torments shall be as a lakeof fire and brimstone, whose flame ascendeth up forever and ever; and then is the time that they shall be chained down to an everlasting destruction, according to the power and captivity of Satan, he having subjected them according to his will.

18 Then, I say unto you, they shall be as though there had been no redemption made; for they cannot be redeemed according to God’s justice; and they cannot die, seeing there is no more corruption...

32 Therefore God gave unto them commandments, after having made known unto them the plan of redemption, that they should not do evil, the penalty thereof being a second death, which was an everlasting death as to things pertaining unto righteousness; for on such the plan of redemption could have no power, for the works of justice could not be destroyed, according to the supreme goodness of God.

• Jacob 3:11. “The Second Death”

• The second death is also referred to as spiritual death. The Guide to the Scriptures explains that spiritual death is “separation from God and his influences.” The spiritual death or second death Jacob referred to “occurs following the death of the mortal body. Both resurrected beings and the devil and his angels will be judged. Those who have willfully rebelled against the light and truth of the gospel will suffer spiritual death. … (Alma 12:16; Hel. 14:16–19; D&C 76:36–38)” (Guide to the Scriptures, “Death, Spiritual”).
    Book of Mormon Student Manual, Chapter 15
D&C 63:17. What Does It Mean to Burn with Fire and Brimstone?
Elder Bruce R. McConkie explained that brimstone is “sulfur, an easily melted, very inflammable mineral which burns with a blue flame and emits a suffocating odor. …

“The nature of burning brimstone is such that it perfectly symbolized to the prophetic mind the eternal torment of the damned. Accordingly we read that the wicked are ‘tormented with fire and brimstone’ (Rev. 14:9–11; 19:20; 20:10), or in other words that ‘their torment is as a lake of fire and brimstone, whose flame ascendeth up forever and ever and has no end.’ (2 Ne. 9:16; Alma 12:17.) This burning scene, a horrifying ‘lake of fire and brimstone,’ symbolizes ‘endless torment’ (2 Ne. 9:19, 26; 28:23; Jac. 6:10; Alma 14:14; D. & C. 76:36); those who find place therein are subject to the second death.” (Mormon Doctrine, pp. 280–81.)
Doctrine and Covenants Student Manual, Section 63

Mormon heaven consists of three kingdoms of glory. Remember they say there are three different gods.

Doctrine and Covenants 76
81 And again, we saw the glory of the telestial, which glory is that of the lesser, even as the glory of the stars differs from that of the glory of the moon in the firmament...

98 And the glory of the telestial is one, even as the glory of the stars is one; for as one star differs from another star in glory, even so differs one from another in glory in the telestial world;

99 For these are they who are of Paul, and of Apollos, and of Cephas.

100 These are they who say they are some of one and some of another—some of Christ and some of John, and some of Moses, and some of Elias, and some of Esaias, and some of Isaiah, and some of Enoch;

101 But received not the gospel, neither the testimony of Jesus, neither the prophets, neither the everlasting covenant.

102 Last of all, these all are they who will not be gathered with the saints, to be caught up unto the church of the Firstborn, and received into the cloud.

103 These are they who are liars, and sorcerers, and
adulterers, and whoremongers, and whosoever loves and makes a lie.

104 These are they who suffer the wrath of God on earth.

105 These are they who suffer the vengeance of eternal fire.

106 These are they who are cast down to hell and suffer the wrath of Almighty God, until the fulness of times, when Christ shall have subdued all enemies under his feet, and shall have perfected his work;

107 When he shall deliver up the kingdom, and present it unto the Father, spotless, saying: I have overcome and have trodden the wine-press alone, even the wine-press of the fierceness of the wrath of Almighty God.

108 Then shall he be crowned with the crown of his glory, to sit on the throne of his power to reign forever and ever.

109 But behold, and lo, we saw the glory and the inhabitants of the telestial world, that they were as innumerable as the stars in the firmament of heaven, or as the sand upon the seashore;

110 And heard the voice of the Lord saying: These all shall bow the knee, and every tongue shall confess to him who sits upon the throne forever and ever;

111 For they shall be judged according to their works, and every man shall receive according to his own works, his own dominion, in the mansions which are prepared;

112 And they shall be servants of the Most High; but where God and Christ dwell they cannot come, worlds without end.

113 This is the end of the vision which we saw, which we were commanded to write while we were yet in the Spirit.

114 But great and marvelous are the works of the Lord, and the mysteries of his kingdom which he showed unto us, which surpass all understanding in glory, and in might, and in dominion;

115 Which he commanded us we should not write while we were yet in the Spirit, and are not lawful for man to utter;

NOTE: 105 These are they who suffer the vengeance of eternal fire.

"Eternal fire" is temporary.
Remember they go to a kingdom of glory.

That certainly contradicts the Bible!

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Do you believe God created a lake of fire where people who don't believe like you are burned for ever and ever?

People should be born again not agree with some poster on the internet.

Do you think people can earn their way out of hell and go to a kingdom of glory? Are they still damned?

Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Do you think people can earn their way out of hell and go to a kingdom of glory? Are they still damned?
No such place as hell. Hell is placed in the kingdom or one of gods many mansions and being damned so you cannot progress or you are damned. You didn't answer the question either

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
No such place as hell. Hell is placed in the kingdom or one of gods many mansions and being damned so you cannot progress or you are damned. You didn't answer the question either

1 Nephi 15
35 And there is a place prepared, yea, even that awful hell of which I have spoken, and the devil is the preparator of it; wherefore the final state of the souls of men is to dwell in the kingdom of God, or to be cast out because of that justice of which I have spoken.
---
Latter-day revelation speaks of hell in at least two senses. First, it is the temporary abode in the spirit world for those who were disobedient in mortality. In this sense, hell has an end. The spirits there will be taught the gospel, and sometime following their repentance they will be resurrected to a degree of glory of which they are worthy.

Those who will not repent, but are nevertheless not sons of perdition, will remain in hell throughout the Millennium. After these thousand years of torment, they will be resurrected to a telestial glory (D&C 76:81–86; 88:100–101).
lds.org

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

So you do believe God created a hell to put people in so he can torture them eternally.

You can tell when someone has made a god in his own image, he hates everyone you do.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
So you do believe God created a hell to put people in so he can torture them eternally.

You can tell when someone has made a god in his own image, he hates everyone you do.

I don't hate anyone. If I did, I'd ask God to remove that hate.

Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1 Nephi 15
35 And there is a place prepared, yea, even that awful hell of which I have spoken, and the devil is the preparator of it; wherefore the final state of the souls of men is to dwell in the kingdom of God, or to be cast out because of thatjustice of which I have spoken.
---
Latter-day revelation speaks of hell in at least two senses. First, it is the temporary abode in the spirit world for those who were disobedient in mortality. In this sense, hell has an end. The spirits there will be taught the gospel, and sometime following their repentance they will be resurrected to a degree of glory of which they are worthy.

Those who will not repent, but are nevertheless not sons of perdition, will remain in hell throughout the Millennium. After these thousand years of torment, they will be resurrected to a telestial glory (D&C 76:81–86; 88:100–101).
lds.org
It is to help you understand that the hell you were speaking of is outer darkness where the devil will be with those who were kicked out of heaven and those that are sins of perdition. The terristial and the teleistial are where people will be damned but also receive some glory

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In my fathers house are many mansions

It's not a divided kingdom. God already transferred those who believe in HIS SON, out of the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of LIGHT in HIS SON whom HE loves.

Look into it.
(Colossians 1:13)

If the STRONG MAN has come, the house is made clean...

Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's not a divided kingdom. God already transferred those who believe in HIS SON, out of the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of LIGHT in HIS SON whom HE loves.

Look into it.

If the STRONG MAN has come, the house is made clean...
In my fathers house are MANY mansions

Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
To really understand our position you have to add in D&C 19

4 And surely every man must repent or suffer, for I, God, am endless.

5 Wherefore, I revoke not the judgments which I shall pass, but woes shall go forth, weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth, yea, to those who are found on my lefthand.

6 Nevertheless, it is not written that there shall be no end to this torment, but it is written endless torment.

7 Again, it is written eternal damnation; wherefore it is more express than other scriptures, that it might work upon the hearts of the children of men, altogether for my name’s glory.

10 For, behold, the mystery of godliness, how great is it! For, behold, I am endless, and the punishment which is given from my hand is endless punishment, for Endless is my name. Wherefore—

The word endless is being used as a noun rather than as an adjective.

The punishment give last until the last farthing is paid and not forever. Then each person is rewarded according to the good they have done. This is where the three different kingdoms come into play.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In my fathers house are MANY mansions

Look into it.

If the STRONG MAN has come, the house is

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
THE SON does not pray for the world but for only those whom THE FATHER has given HIM out of the world...

And HE prays also for those who will believe in HIM by HIS WITNESSES testimony

HE does not ask that the FATHER take them out of the world...but that HE keep them from the evil one.

(Reference John 17)

Two kingdoms are being built up.

And only ONE GARMENT is needed for the KINGDOM of THE SON.

If one doesn't have THAT GARMENT, one can't come to the wedding feast...for the FATHER has prepared a wedding for HIS SON....and HIS SON alone will present back to HIS FATHER, HIS BRIDE...which is....HIS BODY...

(Reference the parable of the wedding feast...
Reference Matthew 22)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
THE SON does not pray for the world but for only those whom THE FATHER has given HIM out of the world...

HE does not ask that the FATHER take them out of the world...but that HE keep them from the evil one.

(Reference John 17)

If one doesn't have THAT GARMENT, one can't come to the wedding feast...for the FATHER has prepared a wedding for HIS SON....and HIS SON alone will present back to HIS FATHER, HIS BRIDE...which is....HIS BODY...

Reference Matthew 22)

(Reference John 17)

Reference Matthew 22)
There are those who have turned so far away from light that there is only darkness in them. These are those who blasphem against the Holy Ghost. This is who Christ is speaking of.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are those who have turned so far away from light that there is only darkness in them. These are those who blasphem against the Holy Ghost. This is who Christ is speaking of.
He is talking to all those who will not come to HIM

For just as HE said I did not come to bring peace but division

The division is now clearly marked

CHRIST said to those who believed in HIM:
You can not follow ME now but you will later (John 13)

And yet to those who did not believe HE said:

you can not follow ME Where I am going you can not come. And if you do not believe I AM HE, he shall die in your sins (John 8)

• Winner
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He is talking to all those who will not come to HIM

For just as HE said I did not come to bring peace but division

The division is now clearly marked

CHRIST said to those who believed in HIM:
You can not follow ME now but you will later (John 13)

And yet to those who did not believe HE said:

you can not follow ME Where I am going you can not come. And if you do not believe I AM HE, he shall die in your sins (John 8)
Those that refuse to have faith in Christ and love themselves more than God. These are they that will only obtain the lowest degrees of glory in the telesial kingdom. That is the kingdom we live in now and the same kingdom that Adam and eve were driven into for the Garden after the fall. Those that become sons of perdition are those that once held perfect light and knowledge of Christ through the power of the Holy Ghost but then was deceived by Satan and denied that light and truth. When I say by the power of the Holy Ghost I mean to say that He Holy Ghost has the power to make it possible to be in the presence of God and Christ and not die. When a person has been on the presence of the God by the power of the Holy Ghost and then denies that light they cannot be forgiven in this life or in the world to come. The atonement does not cover this sin.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Hatred is something God removes when He makes us new creatures.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
To really understand our position you have to add in D&C 19

4 And surely every man must repent or suffer, for I, God, am endless.

5 Wherefore, I revoke not the judgments which I shall pass, but woes shall go forth, weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth, yea, to those who are found on my lefthand.

6 Nevertheless, it is not written that there shall be no end to this torment, but it is written endless torment.

7 Again, it is written eternal damnation; wherefore it is more express than other scriptures, that it might work upon the hearts of the children of men, altogether for my name’s glory.

10 For, behold, the mystery of godliness, how great is it! For, behold, I am endless, and the punishment which is given from my hand is endless punishment, for Endless is my name. Wherefore—

The word endless is being used as a noun rather than as an adjective.

The punishment give last until the last farthing is paid and not forever. Then each person is rewarded according to the good they have done. This is where the three different kingdoms come into play.

Endless is never a noun. It is always an adjective. Use an English dictionary.

Upvote 0