United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The company is celebrating its 75th anniversary

First free donuts, then free pancakes, now free ice cream: Dairy Queen is saying goodbye to winter with its Free Cone Day four days before the official start of spring.

Dairy Queen Offering Free Ice Cream March 16

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There's one place I'm not going that day. Can you imagine the stampede......

Yeah, I'm with you there...

I'm more the type that would prefer to walk in somewhere and pay $10 to get my food immediately rather than stand in a 45-minute line for some free giveaway.

I remember the Papa John's in our area was doing some sort of 23-cent pizza thing for Lebron James...line around the block of people waiting to get their pizza, only for half of the line to be told hours later "sorry, we're out of ingredients so we're shutting down for the evening".

It's one thing to run a sale on a side item...maybe encourage people to come in with the hopes that they'll buy something else...something like a "half priced fries" promo or something like that...but some of these ridiculous giveaways seem far to extreme for the business owner to see a return on investment.

Upvote 0

USCGrad90

Seeker
Mar 19, 2013
Greenwood, South Carolina, USA
✟15,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The Dairy Queen in my town is run-down and in need of refurbishment. I have not been there in a few years, as the last time I went, the service was poor, food was bad, bathrooms were disgusting, and the AC was out. Not sure if all franchises are like this, but I haven't seen too many new ones popping up.

Upvote 0