Aug 27, 2014
✟429,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
To be clear, "others" was in reference to the U.S NOT seeing how their actions have caused a mess that's out of their control (even as they may have tried to control it in the beginning and actually at times guide the process so that it's beneficial to the U.S while still in some way giving the impress that we fully wanted to stop something) - be it one way or another. We benefit by not going after ISIS in a hard manner immediately, as it allows the U.S to have more of a pretext for going into the situation hard-core and looking like it was "necessary" when the truth of the matter is that it could have been averted a long time ago.

Oh, okay. Sorry, that wasn't clear to me from your wording. We agree on this too.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Oh, okay. Sorry, that wasn't clear to me from your wording. We agree on this too.
Cool to know - and glad we're on the same page with things.:)

Upvote 0

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Any talk of training and arming a "moderate" muslim militia is an oxymoron. Moderates don't go into foreign countries, receive training by infidels in order to go kill their fellow co-religionists. Instead these guys are all radicals with ulterior motives, many of those motives were promised to these moderates by the very infidels arming them; as motivation to recruit them in the first place. Amazing how they all started out as moderates and became radicals. Even more amazing is how some radicals were designated as terrorist groups then were demoted to being moderates when we decided to make them our allies.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No worries and cool to know we're on the same page.

Upvote 0

Dewi Sant

May 21, 2015
UK
✟62,741.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
I just saw this in my Facebook feed. Couldn't get the whole thing in a screenshot, but what I could get says it all. The Arabic says

"Daesh (ISIS) opens 'Spoils of Christians' market in response to the angry reactions to the burning of Kasasbeh (Jordanian fighter pilot Lt. Mouath Kasasbeh).

MOSUL- The terrorist organization Daesh (ISIS) has opened a special market in Mosul for the sale of goods looted from the homes of Christians in the city, which also includes some items looted from churches there."

Isn't it something? The reaction of the Jordanians, who are mostly Muslims and rightly angry at Daesh's disgusting violence, draws retribution upon Mosul's now obliterated Christian community. Words really can't express the vileness and insanity of these ISIS people. Lord have mercy.

The photo shows multiple shirts of the same design in possibly various sizes.
Either this is the resale of shop goods from a store formerly owned by Christians, or the story has been created to win sympathy. The latter would be bad journalism but even still, it may be a necessary evil for bringing support.

Any Arabic speakers on this forum?
I could copy the text into translate but it would take me a while as I have forgotten how to type Arabic characters.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I am an Arabic speaker, though it is not my native language. The story was originally reported by the Assyrian International News Agency (AINA), which did not feature that picture (it featured a picture of a Christian home in Mosul tagged with "N", along with a short summary of ISIS activities against Christians). That picture was featured in the story as picked up and posted two days after AINA by the British website "Christian today" (which I've never heard of). AINA's offices are based in the West, though it is founded and staffed by Assyrians from the region, who maintain contacts with local Assyrians in their home countries. That's how they get their news in the first place.

I do not think the picture itself is reason to doubt what local residents are saying has happened. Perhaps the picture does not belong with the news story (after all, it was not originally there), but the implications of the story are disturbing nonetheless.

Upvote 0

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It seems in the last few days King Abdullah of Jordan is doing what he promised in eradicating ISIS, after the Jordanian pilot was burned alive. In a few days under Jordanian lead a dent has been made

Thats the good news. The bad news is moat thought the numerous western nations with much more firepower than Jordan were already doing that. This is why many posters are saying we trained ISIS and are still even protecting them. How is it under Jordan more progress has been made in ridding ISIS than the past 2 months with America, Canada, France, Australia all saying they will do something?

Upvote 0

inconsequential

goat who dreamed he was a sheep
Mar 28, 2010
✟9,552.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
We can't suppress these people because we, as a culture, are unwilling to do what is necessary to suppress them. We can't defeat them because we are unwilling to do what is necessary to defeat them. We stirred them up, we empowered them and now we have to deal with them.

We whine and protest their treatment at Gitmo after they kill our people and behead innocents on Internet videos. These people dont understand things like nobility and chivalry, only savagery and brutality. Until we are willing to drone-strike their families, torture them mercilessly for information on their plans and feed them alive to starving pigs, we should shut up and take our medicine.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It was Westerm interference/meddling in those countries that created the problem in the first place.
There was an excellent chart I came across showing the ways that things in the Middle East have shifted so much..

ChristianityMiddleEast.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums