Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The guy definitely overreacted. Women bring their young sons into the bathroom all the time when I'm at work and on break. We can't leave the kids out there alone to be grabbed.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Both my husband and I have taken opposite gender kids into the bathroom with us when they were small. There's not much else you can do when you are alone in a store with your kids. The hysteria that is being built up over this is ... hysteria, basically.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Both my husband and I have taken opposite gender kids into the bathroom with us when they were small. There's not much else you can do when you are alone in a store with your kids. The hysteria that is being built up over this is ... hysteria, basically.
Yeah, we can pretty much thank the good legislators that came up with these ridiculous, unenforceable bathroom laws for all this.

Personally, I think they should be held legally responsible for any problems that arise from their ineffective legislation.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In my opinion Yes .For a start he should have thought beforehand of where he could go and should have apologised and moved his child as far as possible from the man who was embarrassed and probably Christian . Little girls should not see the private parts of adult men - full stop .
Being an idiot does not mean he was a Christian and your assumption is offensive. Anybody that has been a parent or had any real experience caring for young children would have understood the situation. Even if the pathetic moron was embarrassed, he had no reason for .aggressively reacting

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Being an idiot does not mean he was a Christian and your assumption is offensive. Anybody that has been a parent or had any real experience caring for young children would have understood the situation. Even if the pathetic moron was embarrassed, he had no reason for .aggressively reacting
Obviously the "Christian" response to a situation like this is to attack the father bringing his kids into a public restroom.

How dare he think about his kids before thinking about some random dude in the bathroom?

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,205,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In my opinion Yes .For a start he should have thought beforehand of where he could go and should have apologised and moved his child as far as possible from the man who was embarrassed and probably Christian . Little girls should not see the private parts of adult men - full stop .

Are you under the impression that seeing naked people makes one's eyes melt and head explode? Even if the guy was embarrassed ("oh no, someone saw my private parts...it's the end of the world!"), physically attacking is a gross overreaction.

Yeah, we can pretty much thank the good legislators that came up with these ridiculous, unenforceable bathroom laws for all this.

TBH, I'm not even sure that any of these new laws are the culprit in this particular news story. I think parents taking their kids in the bathroom with them is a practice that long predates any of the transgender bathroom hysteria that seems to be sweeping the nation.

I notice they haven't really released any more details about the lunatic...no name, picture, whether or not they were intoxicated, etc... Call me crazy, but I find that odd. Could their be any specific motivation for withholding info on the suspect?

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,971.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt because you don't have first hand experience, but in 30 years of using the men's bathroom, I have never seen somebody else's junk.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,257.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's pretty funny how everyone was afraid of oh no the transgender folks will rape children and are dangerous, yet for the 100 years they been doing this no real incidents, suddenly crazy people want to turn this into the next gay marriage like talking point people are assaulted left and right, and it's all those that were afraid of transgenders doing it.

Got to love these moral panicks where it's often those who claim to be moral that do all the vuolence.

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Are you under the impression that seeing naked people makes one's eyes melt and head explode? Even if the guy was embarrassed ("oh no, someone saw my private parts...it's the end of the world!"), physically attacking is a gross overreaction.

TBH, I'm not even sure that any of these new laws are the culprit in this particular news story. I think parents taking their kids in the bathroom with them is a practice that long predates any of the transgender bathroom hysteria that seems to be sweeping the nation.

I notice they haven't really released any more details about the lunatic...no name, picture, whether or not they were intoxicated, etc... Call me crazy, but I find that odd. Could their be any specific motivation for withholding info on the suspect?

This report from a local news station seems to be one of the more detailed story, including that the police have not yet released the suspects name. I also found a report from the Ogden Standard-Examiner that said the man (who is still unnamed) has been cited for Disorderly Conduct and that it is still being decided if he will face assault charges. One last note, it also mentions that Christopher Adams (the father) is 6'3" and 250 pounds.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
No, not full stop. Saying a phrase like that doesn't change reality. He's a father with a young daughter in public, and they're going to use a bathroom. Most men's bathrooms have urinals.

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,205,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This report from a local news station seems to be one of the more detailed story, including that the police have not yet released the suspects name. I also found a report from the Ogden Standard-Examiner that said the man (who is still unnamed) has been cited for Disorderly Conduct and that it is still being decided if he will face assault charges. One last note, it also mentions that Christopher Adams (the father) is 6'3" and 250 pounds.

I had seen the 6'3" 250lbs construction worker in a few other articles when I was combing the web,...that definitely explains how he was able to toss the guy like a sack of potatoes then hold him on the ground until the cops showed up lol.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,205,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's pretty funny how everyone was afraid of oh no the transgender folks will rape children and are dangerous

It's largely because people are operating with a certain preconceived image in their head when they hear "transgender".

In reality, each and every one of us has been in a bathroom with someone who's transgender without even knowing it.

IE: Janet Mock (former editor of People magazine)
5482233bf1ca6_-_janet-mock-0611-2-xl.jpg

Janet has been likely using the women's restroom for quite some time with nobody even suspecting a thing.

Or, Shawn Stinson:
shawn.jpg
upload_2016-5-28_8-45-47.jpeg

Think anyone has suspected anything when Shawn uses the men's room? doubtful

The reason for all the hysteria is because people have had this kind of image/notion planted in their head:

"Hi, my name is Georgina and I'm going to go watch your daughter change in the locker room"
4891988_f520.jpg

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,474,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt because you don't have first hand experience, but in 30 years of using the men's bathroom, I have never seen somebody else's junk.

I think I've already mentioned that I've been using men's rooms for 60+ years, and I've never seen any man's genitalia at the urinal. In the showers (gyms and military barracks bathrooms), yes. At the urinal, no.

American male etiquette demands that we protect our genitalia from sight when standing at the urinal. There is a pretty powerful "don't show--don't look" ethic going on there.

Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Interesting... before this bathroom drama ever started, a kid under seven or eight chaperoned by his or her parent to an adult bathroom was the norm, and if it is just one parent of opposite sex child, then it was definitely how it was done. There aren't many "kids" bathrooms; would they rather the grown man of a father go into a woman's bathroom to chaperone his daughter?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,474,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, not full stop. Saying a phrase like that doesn't change reality. He's a father with a young daughter in public, and they're going to use a bathroom. Most men's bathrooms have urinals.

It seems like most females (not necessarily including you, since you have not implied this) think men just naturally strut around men's rooms with privates exposed to the wind. That is very much untrue. At least in America (and I've been in some Far East restrooms as well, and this seems to ring true) we are quite guarded at the urinal. A man who swung away from the urinal before getting himself covered would meet with instant disapproval from other men in the room.

Heck, this assailant's attitude is rude proof of how guarded we are. Those of us who were fathers of little girls (some of us have testified in this thread) forced to take them into a men's room did so in full confidence that our little girls would not see any men's genitalia...because we know how guarded we males are at the urinal.

That's not even an issue in the real world of men's rooms.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It's largely because people are operating with a certain preconceived image in their head when they hear "transgender".

In reality, each and every one of us has been in a bathroom with someone who's transgender without even knowing it.

IE: Janet Mock (former editor of People magazine)
5482233bf1ca6_-_janet-mock-0611-2-xl.jpg

Janet has been likely using the women's restroom for quite some time with nobody even suspecting a thing.

Or, Shawn Stinson:
shawn.jpg
View attachment 175233

Think anyone has suspected anything when Shawn uses the men's room? doubtful

The reason for all the hysteria is because people have had this kind of image/notion planted in their head:

"Hi, my name is Georgina and I'm going to go watch your daughter change in the locker room"
4891988_f520.jpg

I agree with your overall point, but man you have to admit compared to the pictures you gave most do look like Georgina. Many transgendered definitely aren't as "unrecognizable" as the first two.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,205,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think I've already mentioned that I've been using men's rooms for 60+ years, and I've never seen any man's genitalia at the urinal. In the showers (gyms and military barracks bathrooms), yes. At the urinal, no.

American male etiquette demands that we protect our genitalia from sight when standing at the urinal. There is a pretty powerful "don't show--don't look" ethic going on there.

And most even have dividers...

The only time I've been in a bathroom where that would've been an issue was 20+ years ago when my dad and uncle took me and my two cousins to a dirt track race, and the mens bathroom had the "trough" style urinal. Now those I found a bit awkward lol...especially since they had 4 of them, arranged in a square, all facing inward in the middle of the room.

I opted to use the stall lol.

Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It seems like most females (not necessarily including you, since you have not implied this) think men just naturally strut around men's rooms with privates exposed to the wind. That is very much untrue. At least in America (and I've been in some Far East restrooms as well, and this seems to ring true) we are quite guarded at the urinal. A man who swung away from the urinal before getting himself covered would meet with instant disapproval from other men in the room.

Heck, this assailant's attitude is rude proof of how guarded we are. Those of us who were fathers of little girls (some of us have testified in this thread) forced to take them into a men's room did so in full confidence that our little girls would not see any men's genitalia...because we know how guarded we males are at the urinal.

That's not even an issue in the real world of men's rooms.

Especially in public places where there is a very mixed crowd: men, women, children, babies.

The only places where there would be an issue is pubs, clubs, ive

It's interesting in American culture no matter how often a guy has sex, most male's mindset in bathrooms is more Puritan by comparison.

Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
And most even have dividers...

The only time I've been in a bathroom where that would've been an issue was 20+ years ago when my dad and uncle took me and my two cousins to a dirt track race, and the mens bathroom had the "trough" style urinal. Now those I found a bit awkward lol...especially since they had 4 of them, arranged in a square, all facing inward in the middle of the room.

I opted to use the stall lol.

That is awkward as heck!

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The man that attacked this family has some nuts and bolts loose upstairs. Women bring their young children into the restrooms all the time. Heck, they bring them into the changing rooms! I would assume the same is done in the opposite direction as well.

This has nothing to do with transgenders in the bathrooms. This nut needs some mental health therapy - along with being arrested and convicted.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0